Elementary

The Many Mouths of Aaron Colville

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Apr 03, 2014 on CBS

• Watson should be further developed as a character.

Almost two complete seasons and she's still just a property of Holmes and the show, mildly interesting at best, very transparent and bland at worst. Her medical experience (and her implied throughout the show expertise) has to complement her developing detective skills and in order to her to develop as a different, 'younger' version of Sherlock. It's not necessary for her to help Holmes like he's not good enough but she really needs to be more active either by solving sub-cases on her own or really realizing her role of the bouncing ball that Holmes needs. I still don't see the latter happening or it's minimized by Holmes' one-step-ahead thinking.

The show is different, so it has to be bold and be different and expand on that. If it wasn't for the actors and the overall tone of the show I would have stopped watching it long time ago. I don't know how I've managed to stick with it so far... the Liu and Miller chemistry/dynamic with a pinch of the Gregson and Bell characters, I guess.
CBS