Elementary

The Marchioness

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Nov 07, 2013 on CBS

• Studly

It really felt like this episode petered out come the end of the case after barreling full-steam ahead the whole time. The biggest revelation was, of course, between Watson and Mycroft, which I feel was a cheap shot having more to do with the gender bending than the actual character development because despite his tantrum and all around likeness to Big Bang Theory's Sheldon, Sherlock's reaction didn't feel right. And it kinda touched on the possibility of a more-than-bromance between Holmes and Watson. I'm very interested in where they go with this little tidbit. And not at all interested in the rest of the episode.
  • Sherlock's brother Mycroft arrives in New York and asks for help in a case concerning Mycroft's ex-fiancee.

Instead of the best episode of the season, I would classify "The Marchioness" as probably the most interesting of the season. As always it was great seeing how Sherlock managed to crack the case. This episode is no exception. Probably the best scene is when Holmes and Watson discuss her one night stand with Mycroft. Johnny Lee Miller is terrific (as usual) in explaining the underlying reason why he is so troubled by what they did. I felt like I was was twelve again seeing Oliva D'Abo. I almost had to remind myself I was not watching "Conan the Destroyer" for the bazillionth time. The second season of "Elementary" continues to probduce strong episodes. I hope that is a trend that continues for a long time.
  • Absolutely no horsing around here!

The best episode of the season so far. Mixing it up with Mycroft was masterly. Leading to personal insights which were totally unexpected and some of the best humorous moments yet!

I do think I know one thing. There must be no hook up "ever" between Watson and Holmes. She is far too good for him. It would spoil the dynamic that works so well. Lucy Lui is simply to die for... what a wonderfully subtle and charming performance this episode. And lets be clear she simply lights up the screen!
  • The Green Eyed Monster arises.

I have to admith to a certain disappointment with Watson's dalliance with Mycroft on such a minimal meeting and have a fair amount of sympathy with Holme's obvious jealousy.

As Holmes mentioned, his and Watson's partnership engenders a certain intimacy, displayed by Watson wandering around in fairly skimpy night attire (long may it continue BTW, as Lucy Lui has great legs) and Holmes bursting into her personal space on a regular basis.

Blatant annoyance and jealousy ensued to a fair amount of comic relief that somewhat overshadowed an otherwise interesting case,

I really enjoy shows like this that teach you things like whorls on horses are almost a good as fingerprints for identification purposes.

If I have a niggle about this episode, it's that the drug "Baron" gave up his vengeance so readily in the end.

I also have an issue with Mycroft's character in that, in the original stories, he was portrayed as "lazy" but brilliant, even more so than Sherlock but that definitely doesn't come across here.

However, a fine episode but I wonder when the writers will yield to the inevitable Holmes/Watson pairing ???

They simply won't be able to help themselves!
  • Interesting.

Admittedly not my absoltue favourite episode, but nonetheless a very good one.

We get an interesting character from the past. It leads to some interesting scenes and fun interactions that we saw.

The case was pretty interesting and went in some interesting directions as usual.

Overall, pretty good!
  • review

I loved the Holmes/watson's trio in this episode. Sherlock was acting like a kid when he learn what happened between Joan and Mycroft. The case was good and we got to see Mycroft's ex fiancee ( a terrible person if you'd like to know my opinion).
  • Why writers!!?

I must say that I loved Sherlock's attitude in this episode.

Now unto the writing. I think the writers have made their intentions clear. They've totally screwed up my shipping of Sherlock+Watson. I mean she could have casual sex like Homes, but not with Sherlock's brother. What are they planning on keeping it in the family? LOL