Elementary

The Red Team

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jan 31, 2013 on CBS

• I have no idea what was going on.

At least the writers have started to show previous episodes have an impact on the successive ones, even in slight ways. The plot was a muddle and I'm not even clear exactly what was going on at the end.

Again the writers like to say clever stuff is going on (a massive flaw that puts NYC, or all of the US?, in jeopardy following a war game) but then fail to even hint at what that flaw might because that would require a clever Holmes to work it out and for it to make sense when we get told. Obviously it's better to just ignore it and hope we do too.
  • The Red Team

The Red Team was another splendid episode of Elementary. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character development and the story was intriguing. I loved the interactions between Holmes, Gregson and Bell. It was fun watching Sherlock investigate on his own along with Joan. It was amazing to watch Sherlock figure everything out and resolve the situation in the end and quite brilliantly. I was glad that Sherlock and Captain Gregson worked things out in the end and also that Sherlock did not make soup of his little pal. I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • Nine egg omelette, anyone?

ACtually it looked like he was making scambled eggs but the title wouldn't have scanned so well!

Definitely my favourite method of cooking eggs.

Anyway, Sherlock is bored and looking for something to do and obviously, conspiracy theories fit the bill.

I was kinda surprised that Bell immediately thought the first murder was Auto Erotic Asphyxiation given how the victim was suspended with no obvious "escape" means but I suppose it kept up the whole "banished as a consultant" thing.

While I sympathised with Holmes belief that he is the "smartest guy in the room" at any given time, I've always thought the "smartest guy in the room" would know just how much of a pain in the ass he was as well and moderate his behaviour to suit.

I thought this was a decent, if fairly staid episode but like veryone else, I thought the running gag about eating Clyde was brilliant.

As was the Captain "gut punching" Holmes at the end. Well deserved and excellent payback!

. to Azzuritus below, thinking about killing someone ISN'T a crime. If it was, the prisons would be full to overflowing. Attempted murder IS a crime but involves ACTUALLY TRYING to do the deed.
  • He had a Psychotic Break... and Nothing Happened.

Sherlock was intent on murdering someone, isn't that attempted murder? Which I do believe is a fellony. Yet not only is he let off, to do what ever he wants but he also is reinstated. I felt this episode had less repercussions then there should have been.

But the turtle was ultra cute so it made up for all of the bad parts.
  • Keep the turtle in the cast,great actor

What kind of turtle was he,she. Added so much to show.
  • Elementary.

Fantastic episode, interesting case i thought so, i'm glad Sherlock didn't eat Clyde.
  • Turtle Soup

I just kinda felt like everyone was a bit off their game in this episode. The case was interesting enough and the interpersonal interactions between Joan and Sherlock, the chief and Sherlock were tense and driving, but the ending didn't quite add up to the components. It was a meh episode week. I loved the turtle, though.
CBS