Elementary

The Woman

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM May 16, 2013 on CBS

• Spectacular!

Wow! This episode was just full of suspense and shock twists and unbelievable developments including the most phenomenal of endings!

I'm just totally stunned at the moment. Just finished watching the episode. It is absolutely aamazing and I really don't know what else to say other than 'wow'! Can't wait for the second half of the finale!
  • what an episode!

awesome ending and episode... loved it!!! I did not trust that woman from the start!!
  • As Holmes struggles to deal with Irene's reemergence, we see in flashback how their tumultous relationship began.

"The Woman" does a great job in setting the wheels in motion for the season's final episode. I found it very entertaining as well as compelling. This episode also did a great job in keeping the viewer guesing where it would all turn out. Fomulaic plot points and cliches were avoided which adds to this episode's appeal. The flashback sequences were also very well done. The writing is razor sharp and the acting just as good in those sequences. The story of Sherlock and Irene was quite an interesting one for sure. A great episode from start to finish.
  • Monopoly on Murder

Saw it coming and didn't see it coming. Still wondering if Moriarty made the real Irene vanish before Sherlock met her or if they are actually the same person. It seems a waste to combine such powerhouse personalities, but it's also a very bold move. It fits with what they've done to the canon so far. The reveal was a little too easy to see with how much Irene's disposition changed after Isaac came through. She changed too much, too quickly, but holy crap, that's a great Moriarty. I'm interested to see where they go from here (and if Mycroft is Sherlock's brother or sister).
  • Where will we go next year?

With Irene and Moriarty solved now, where will the show go next year? I was somewhat disappointed that they rolled Moriarty into Irene because I love the Irene of the classic canon. I wonder if we'll see the return of the nemesis next season of if they'll create new characters for Sherlock to track down.
  • The Woman

The Woman was an excellent episode of Elementary because the story picked right up and there were many intriguing plots. Sherlock went through various emotions as he helped Irene. Watson was left to find Moriarty and though unsure of herself at first she proved to be a great detective. The ending or halfway of the two episode finale was awesome and suspensful. So many other things were great about the episode but I'd rather not spoil any thing. I can't wait to see what happens next!!!!!!!!!

• Excellent

Lucy Liu might just be the best Watson on TV.
  • That's it I'm done

This show had so much potential, then the PC police got in. Moriarty a woman, please, that's was so obvious I guessed it within 5 minutes. They can't have a male character be predominant these days so as soon as they introduced Irene Adler it was obvious where they were going. As a Sherlock Holmes traditionalist, I was liking the show for a while, but now I'm done. Back to watching Jeremy Brett's presentation of the character. Don't writers and directors have an ounce of original thinking these days, they cookie cut everything based on perceived social norms, story revisions are becoming so predictable.