Eleventh Hour Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Chemistry between Hood and Rachel

angelandspike

[41]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 66
    Hi and welcome to the forum. I agree that the chemistry between Rachel and Hood is what makes this show as good as it is.

Unfortunately, there's no legal means of viewing the episodes online and discussing illegal means of viewing episodes is prohibited by the site rules. I'm not sure why CBS decided to stop making them available. I do hope they release a DVD of the first season. I'm certainly going to purchase it if they do. They might also re-air some of the episodes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

luvinx

[42]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 20

Ok, so last night's episode, while being awesome in every other way, was just flooded with Hood and Rachel moments. What I adored:

*The beginning, when he calls her desperately to find out where she is. It is so adorable how he tells her to 'hurry up'. He is not very comfortable with many people, but he has found someone he is comfortable with in his partner. And, right now, partner is just a perfect word to describe them because I think that they have both realized each other's strengths, let the other 'take charge' when that strength is needed, and then balance out for the rest.

*"Planet Hood". I mentioned it in the other thread, but it was worth mentioning again. I love how she can read him pretty well now.

*I love how when Hood discovers something really important or really disturbing....he always looks right at Rachel. A deep, respectful, penetrating look. As much as Felix fits in, it seems that these types of moments are reserved for them. And I like that.

*The little spat thingy they had about driving. It cracked me up. Hood acting all concerned, and Rachel wouldn't even go there. I have to say that ever since "Eternal", he has looked at her the same way that she has looked at him since almost day 1. It is mutual now, this thing they have. I couldn't have said that before.

*When he hears Rachel cry out when she is hit by the crossbow....his face just says it all. He has found someone that he cares about a great deal, and the panic was so evident. And again when he is on the phone asking what was done to her and if she is ok. Plus, later, at Sophia's apartment....he looks so helpless waiting for the call to come through.

*The final 10 or so minutes are all amazing and scary and sweet. And there is no need to question why this thread exists. From when Rachel arrives at that diner (the one with the poisonous pancakes ) it is all about Rachel and Hood. He is so concerned for her, and worried about her. The emotions he goes through were awesome to watch. RS is truly great, and this episode gave him a chance to showcase this. He goes from one emotion to another, and then when Sophia pulls the "dart" out....I actually jumped and yelped. The looks they give each other in the truck and then the drive to the hospital (he got to drive!) - my heart was pumping. His face as they kicked him out of her room. And their entire conversation at the end. So wonderful. And as I said in a previous thread....I actually thought it was very promising for the future.

One more thing. It is clear that this episode showed Hood that he is back in a relationship with a woman that he cares about. And I think that that knowledge petrifies him. He tells her that much at the end when he says that if things went the other way he wouldn't be able to deal. He is scared, and yet he cares for her enough to let her go if need be. There is so much yet to see, with these 2 alone! I really hope we get that chance because this is good stuff, and we were left with a lot of potential ahead.

Ok, I blabbed on enough. One, you there? Anyone?

OnePerCentClub

[43]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 35
    luvinx wrote:

Ok, so last night's episode, while being awesome in every other way, was just flooded with Hood and Rachel moments. What I adored:

*The beginning, when he calls her desperately to find out where she is. It is so adorable how he tells her to 'hurry up'. He is not very comfortable with many people, but he has found someone he is comfortable with in his partner. And, right now, partner is just a perfect word to describe them because I think that they have both realized each other's strengths, let the other 'take charge' when that strength is needed, and then balance out for the rest.

Agree!

luvinx wrote:
    "Planet Hood". I mentioned it in the other thread, but it was worth mentioning again. I love how she can read him pretty well now.

*I love how when Hood discovers something really important or really disturbing....he always looks right at Rachel. A deep, respectful, penetrating look. As much as Felix fits in, it seems that these types of moments are reserved for them. And I like that.

Planet Hood It was hilarious! But yes, they've developed this dynamic it's like they can read each other minds. Specially Rachel. She's always asking "What's on your mind, Hood?" Someone should make a video with all those scenes. It would be a long one

luvinx wrote:
    *The little spat thingy they had about driving. It cracked me up. Hood acting all concerned, and Rachel wouldn't even go there. I have to say that ever since "Eternal", he has looked at her the same way that she has looked at him since almost day 1. It is mutual now, this thing they have. I couldn't have said that before.

You know, I was wondering when they were going to bring that up. It was logical. She drives all the time? But well, now we know it was because she didn't want him too! Because he's a terrible driver

luvinx wrote:
    *When he hears Rachel cry out when she is hit by the crossbow....his face just says it all. He has found someone that he cares about a great deal, and the panic was so evident. And again when he is on the phone asking what was done to her and if she is ok. Plus, later, at Sophia's apartment....he looks so helpless waiting for the call to come through.

Oh the scene in Sophia's apartment was great! I love the cuts, different emotions shown. He was very worried. The look on his face said it all. Seeing her picture must've been quite hard. What you said about him finding someone he cares about, it reminded me of that talk he had with Anna, the friend of his wife's, when he said that he was dealing with her death by working. But it went far, he got involved because he cares about Rachel now.

luvinx wrote:
    The final 10 or so minutes are all amazing and scary and sweet. And there is no need to question why this thread exists. From when Rachel arrives at that diner (the one with the poisonous pancakes ) it is all about Rachel and Hood. He is so concerned for her, and worried about her. The emotions he goes through were awesome to watch. RS is truly great, and this episode gave him a chance to showcase this. He goes from one emotion to another, and then when Sophia pulls the "dart" out....I actually jumped and yelped. The looks they give each other in the truck and then the drive to the hospital (he got to drive!) - my heart was pumping. His face as they kicked him out of her room. And their entire conversation at the end. So wonderful. And as I said in a previous thread....I actually thought it was very promising for the future.

Oh my God the poisonous pancakes! I could barely laugh because I was shocked! But I did Rufus' perfomance was incredible, emotional and very strong. You're right, the emotions are unbelievable. He went from calm when trying to convince the woman her baby was better off without her to rage in seconds. When Sophia pulled the dart, my God!!!!! I gasped! Oh yeah, he had to drive. The last scene was perfect. I don't want to forget Marley's performance. She did an amazing job too. Oh and the way he holds her and touches her face *melts*

luvinx wrote:
    One more thing. It is clear that this episode showed Hood that he is back in a relationship with a woman that he cares about. And I think that that knowledge petrifies him. He tells her that much at the end when he says that if things went the other way he wouldn't be able to deal. He is scared, and yet he cares for her enough to let her go if need be. There is so much yet to see, with these 2 alone! I really hope we get that chance because this is good stuff, and we were left with a lot of potential ahead.

You know? I never saw it that way. But now that you mention it, it's true. I didn't get that "I wouldn't be able to deal with it" until now. He just couldn't. He almost saw her die. It's normal for him to be scared and try to make her go. But hey, Rachel is tough. Her "I'd be jealous to death" comment was... I have no words left!!! See what this show does to me?

luvinx wrote:
    Ok, I blabbed on enough.

No, you didn't. After writing what seems like the Declaration of Independence (kidding! :lol, you said everything right. I couldn't have said it better

It's been a while since I watched a show whose lead actors are as strong as Rufus and Marley. I mean, after all the bad reviews Marley got in the first episodes, everyone should take their hats off and take it all back because, she did a heck of a job.

luvinx, did we miss something?

nyjets111

[44]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 4
    luvinx wrote:
    Ok, I blabbed on enough.

No, you didn't. After writing what seems like the Declaration of Independence (kidding! :lol, you said everything right. I couldn't have said it better

It's been a while since I watched a show whose lead actors are as strong as Rufus and Marley. I mean, after all the bad reviews Marley got in the first episodes, everyone should take their hats off and take it all back because, she did a heck of a job.

luvinx, did we miss something? [/QUOTE]

And A LOT of the problems was really the fault of the director and writers.In the first episode, Rachel was the brawn. Hood was meant to do all of the thinking. Rachel's job was that of a bodyguard and in all honestly, a bodyguard would act the way she did.
    Fortuattly, the writers realized that and changed the dynamic to what we have now: a pair of ADULTS who work incredible well together. THe relationship between the two is the biggest strength of the series.

luvinx

[45]Apr 3, 2009
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

luvinx, did we miss something?

I hope so! Then we will have more to chat about. I definitely melted when they were in the diner as well, the way he was holding her up, then touching her face, and then rubbing her arm....and finally when Sophia pulls the 'dart' out and he kinda shudders with her and they cling together....[sigh]

I hope you don't mind but I have definitely and officially crossed over into the 'ship realm. Are you there with me yet? It has been a whole season, aren't we allowed?

If not, don't worry. I will wait for ya!

Edited on 04/03/2009 4:11pm

luvinx

[46]Apr 3, 2009

nyjets111 wrote:
    Fortuattly, the writers realized that and changed the dynamic to what we have now: a pair of ADULTS who work incredible well together. THe relationship between the two is the biggest strength of the series.

You are so right! Welcome to the madness, nyjets.

Lattelady

[47]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 5
    I agree with everything all of you have said about last night's episode. It was fantastic and way off the H/R chemistry chart.

It kept going thought my mind as Hood was trying to get Rachel back, that it wasn't the first time he'd fought for the life of a woman he cared about. Way back in an earlier episode Hood had said that he took care of his wife while she died of cancer. He had to be panicked at the idea of losing that battle again. Someone up there suggested a video of all the times they look at each other. I one a few weeks ago, but YouTube won't play the sound, do I took it down. If you have any ideas where I could put it, you're welcome to see it. For now I'm the only one who gets to enjoy it.

Latte

luvinx

[48]Apr 3, 2009

Lattelady wrote:
    I agree with everything all of you have said about last night's episode. It was fantastic and way off the H/R chemistry chart. It kept going thought my mind as Hood was trying to get Rachel back, that it wasn't the first time he'd fought for the life of a woman he cared about. Way back in an earlier episode Hood had said that he took care of his wife while she died of cancer. He had to be panicked at the idea of losing that battle again. Someone up there suggested a video of all the times they look at each other. I one a few weeks ago, but YouTube won't play the sound, do I took it down. If you have any ideas where I could put it, you're welcome to see it. For now I'm the only one who gets to enjoy it. Latte

Hi Lattelady! So glad to hear your thoughts about this great show. I am so not a technical person, but if one of our other friends here can help you out, I would like to 'get in line' to see your video....I am sure it is great!

OnePerCentClub

[49]Apr 4, 2009
    nyjets111 wrote:

And A LOT of the problems was really the fault of the director and writers.In the first episode, Rachel was the brawn. Hood was meant to do all of the thinking. Rachel's job was that of a bodyguard and in all honestly, a bodyguard would act the way she did.

Yeah, it's amazing how the writers can kill a show. Or a scene But you're right. Rachel went from bodyguard to be part of the investigation and give her opinion about a case. And it suprised Hood.
    Yes, they work great together and they respect each other. But lately, they've learned to admire the other. Rachel loves working with him and I'm sure Hood will admire her even more now after being brave and surviving.

And I agree, their relationship is the biggest strength of the series.

When I first started watching the show I hated the comparisons to Fringe and didn't think it looked nothing like the XF. Nothing to do with Fringe. But as the series developed I found more similarities with the XF. And I love that!
    Edited on 04/04/2009 11:18am

luvinx

[50]Apr 4, 2009
    luvinx wrote:

Lattelady wrote:
    I agree with everything all of you have said about last night's episode. It was fantastic and way off the H/R chemistry chart. It kept going thought my mind as Hood was trying to get Rachel back, that it wasn't the first time he'd fought for the life of a woman he cared about. Way back in an earlier episode Hood had said that he took care of his wife while she died of cancer. He had to be panicked at the idea of losing that battle again. Someone up there suggested a video of all the times they look at each other. I one a few weeks ago, but YouTube won't play the sound, do I took it down. If you have any ideas where I could put it, you're welcome to see it. For now I'm the only one who gets to enjoy it. Latte

Hi Lattelady! So glad to hear your thoughts about this great show. I am so not a technical person, but if one of our other friends here can help you out, I would like to 'get in line' to see your video....I am sure it is great!

It is creepy to quote yourself.

Anyway, Lattelady....I saw a site where people download their videos (especially now that YT is being a butt), and they seem to be happy with it. The viewer has to download it to see it, but I am sure that your video is well worth it. It is at www.zshare.net.

Please let me know if it works; I would really like to check it out!

OnePerCentClub

[51]Apr 5, 2009
    Yeah, me too!

mmcc587

[52]Apr 13, 2009
    • level: 1
    luvinx wrote:
    ninjafish429 wrote:

I really liked the sleeping/drooling part of this episode. I hope we see more cute little tidbits like this in future episodes!! :]

Yea, me too. We really don't need much more than that for awhile. They just need to keep up with the trust and humor, teaching and learning, and the laughing and flirting aspects of all that.

Although, deep down, I am started to feel the first stirrings of this 'ship reaching up at me. Can anyone think of any names? Just to be ahead of the game.

RayJay

OnePerCentClub

[53]Apr 17, 2009
    H/R, easier, don't you think?
    I was also thinking Hood/Rachel, but way too obvious

luvinx

[54]Apr 17, 2009

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    H/R, easier, don't you think? I was also thinking Hood/Rachel, but way too obvious

Yup. I think that H/R is the way to go for now. Unless some brilliant idea happens to hit us.

OnePerCentClub

[55]Apr 17, 2009
    luvinx wrote:

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    H/R, easier, don't you think? I was also thinking Hood/Rachel, but way too obvious

Yup. I think that H/R is the way to go for now. Unless some brilliant idea happens to hit us.

Agreed. And that idea will probably hit us for sure

aethrenet

[56]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 3
    I, as you two know, also vote for H/R. Or Hood/Rachel, whichever works. Or Rachel/Hood. *shrugs*

luvinx

[57]Apr 18, 2009
    At this point, I just wanna see more of 'em, whatever the name shall be!

aethrenet

[58]Apr 18, 2009
    Nooo! If the name sucks, I'll cry! Nobody wants to see me cry!

OnePerCentClub

[59]Apr 18, 2009
    That's why we should come up with a name and make it official.

aethrenet

[60]Apr 18, 2009
    H/R? Ship names are full of fail anyway, XD