Eleventh Hour Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Eleventh Hour Renewal Campaign

luvinx

[41]May 12, 2009
    • level: 20

ONE WEEK TO GO, GUYS!!

It is time to step-it-up. Please leave feedback multiple times a day. There is still time to send a watch or a letter.

And check the Eleventh Hour Renewal Campaign over at the CBS forums, because that is updated daily with ideas and info. Famke, a fan over there, make a clock to print out that is great. It would be wonderful if everyone could print it out and send it asap.

Just a little bit longer....we can do this!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OnePerCentClub

[42]May 13, 2009
    • level: 35
    I hate the waiting, it's driving me crazy!
    Keep emailing CBS. Let them know this show is worth, despite what other people say.
    We want more Hood and Rachel! (and well, Felix too )

shadowjm

[43]May 14, 2009
    • level: 1
    When this show was announced,I was not impressed. But,becaused it aired directly after my favorite show,I gave it a chance. This is one of those shows that just grabbed me from the very first episode. It continued to improve all through the season. In my opinion,this was clearly the best new show this season.I did not miss a single episode.I only recently learned that it is based on a British program.Now,I want to see that version too. If CBS does not bring this show back,they clearly are bean counters,not people wanting to do good programs.

columpd

[44]May 14, 2009
    • level: 9
    An insider just came out and said that it is going to get a second seasion partly because so many countrys have bought the rights it has now become a show that makes money for the network and alot at that.

luvinx

[45]May 14, 2009

shadowjm wrote:
    When this show was announced,I was not impressed. But,becaused it aired directly after my favorite show,I gave it a chance. This is one of those shows that just grabbed me from the very first episode. It continued to improve all through the season. In my opinion,this was clearly the best new show this season.I did not miss a single episode.I only recently learned that it is based on a British program.Now,I want to see that version too. If CBS does not bring this show back,they clearly are bean counters,not people wanting to do good programs.

Hi! The very same thing happened with me. Pathetically enough, I was too lazy to get up after the end of CSI the night it premiered and just started watching it. I found that I loved it and as each week went by, I loved it more and more. Then I even found myself wanting to see it more than CSI....I knew I was in trouble then.

Come help us out at the Campaign, if you can. We still have a few days to go, and each day is another chance to make an impact. If you have any questions, or any ideas for us, please PM me or let me know here or at the CBS forums. Hope to see ya there!

luvinx

[46]May 14, 2009

columpd wrote:
    An insider just came out and said that it is going to get a second seasion partly because so many countrys have bought the rights it has now become a show that makes money for the network and alot at that.

That makes sense. Alot of countries HAVE bought the rights, and it is doing very well in those countries as well.

Where did you get the news of this?

OnePerCentClub

[47]May 14, 2009
    I thought about giving this show a chance when I read about it right here on tv.com. When I saw the pilot, I wasn't impressed, but there was something that made me watch the next week. And it just got better and better. Now I can't stop, the show is awesome!!!!

But it makes sense. As I said before, there are so many reasons why the show should be cancelled. And many countries buying the rights is one of them. The show is seen in several countries, so you don't only have 12 million viewers in the US, you got a bunch of them around the world.

I know, because I am one of them.

shadowjm and columpd, welcome!!!

nyjets111

[48]May 14, 2009
    • level: 4

I thought I was the only one who was not impressed by the show intially.

When I saw the previews, I excepted the storylines to be a little like CSI and Criminal Minds. Storlines that involve a massacre of the week and storylines that make me sick to my stomach. I was stunned when I realized that they were actually stories meant to be interesting, not sickening. (This is one reason why I hope Without a Trace and Cold Cases are renewed.) While I do like the menatalist (and does get all of the attention), I honestly think Eleventh Hour is a superior show.

nyjets111

[49]May 14, 2009
    I also forget to mention, MSN website listed the status of various shows and whether they will be renewed. Eleventh hour was not listed as one of the shows. THat is suggestive. I would think if the show is definitly a goner or is questionable, it would of been listed.

luvinx

[50]May 14, 2009

nyjets111 wrote:
    I also forget to mention, MSN website listed the status of various shows and whether they will be renewed. Eleventh hour was not listed as one of the shows. THat is suggestive. I would think if the show is definitly a goner or is questionable, it would of been listed.

Hmmm, that is very interesting. Well, we will all know soon enough!

Keep up all the Feedback, guys!

OnePerCentClub

[51]May 14, 2009
    Yes, I noticed that too nyjets111. It was a good thing not to see Eleventh Hour there

And I still don't get what it is about The Mentalist that people love so much. I've seen 3 episodes so far and I just can't get hooked. EH got me hooked in the first episode.

Keep emailing!

nyjets111

[52]May 15, 2009

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Yes, I noticed that too nyjets111. It was a good thing not to see Eleventh Hour there And I still don't get what it is about The Mentalist that people love so much. I've seen 3 episodes so far and I just can't get hooked. EH got me hooked in the first episode. Keep emailing!

You want to laugh, I went into the year with high expectations of the Mentalist. I was a little disappointed in the sense that it was not what I thought it was. While I did like the show, and I still watch it, for some reason my opinion of the show has dropped a bit after the last few episodes. I am not sure why. I think Jane is starting to annoy me for some reason.

remycathy

[53]May 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    Just two more days, I think we can call torture to what CBS doing to us. Keep waiting and waiting without a hint or clue. But I believe that EH will definately return because it is a really great show, good acting, have lots of fans who are doing their best to keep this show. It would be very stupid to cancel the show.

OnePerCentClub

[54]May 17, 2009
    nyjets111 wrote:

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Yes, I noticed that too nyjets111. It was a good thing not to see Eleventh Hour there And I still don't get what it is about The Mentalist that people love so much. I've seen 3 episodes so far and I just can't get hooked. EH got me hooked in the first episode. Keep emailing!

You want to laugh, I went into the year with high expectations of the Mentalist. I was a little disappointed in the sense that it was not what I thought it was. While I did like the show, and I still watch it, for some reason my opinion of the show has dropped a bit after the last few episodes. I am not sure why. I think Jane is starting to annoy me for some reason.

You're not the only one who thinks so nyjets111, I've read many posts that say the show has turned boring and the second half of the season was bad.
    We'll have to see what happens next season with this show, if it can keep up the buzz.
    Among other things, Cold Case got renewed. So if it got renewed, then EH should be because of the bubble shows, CC had the worst demos.

luvinx

[55]May 18, 2009

remycathy wrote:
    Just two more days, I think we can call torture to what CBS doing to us. Keep waiting and waiting without a hint or clue. But I believe that EH will definately return because it is a really great show, good acting, have lots of fans who are doing their best to keep this show. It would be very stupid to cancel the show.

Just a bit longer, remy...hang in there! Keep up the Feedback and we will know soon. Every message makes a difference!

Blixke

[56]May 18, 2009

God, i hate waiting hehe.

I had prolly 6 shows or so that were in danger of not getting renewed. Now that castle, heroes, dollhouse, chuck are renewed (terminator died)

i am just waiting for this to get a second season. The ratings were good and the show was great i loved the interaction between hood and rachel, i think its better then its counterpart (fringe) Kinda the other way around with my wife but :p.

U got support from Belgium, hope to see that second season!

luvinx

[57]May 19, 2009
    Blixke wrote:

God, i hate waiting hehe.

I had prolly 6 shows or so that were in danger of not getting renewed. Now that castle, heroes, dollhouse, chuck are renewed (terminator died)

i am just waiting for this to get a second season. The ratings were good and the show was great i loved the interaction between hood and rachel, i think its better then its counterpart (fringe) Kinda the other way around with my wife but :p.

U got support from Belgium, hope to see that second season!

Thank you! Not long to wait now. Send in another Feedback or two if you can.

OnePerCentClub

[58]May 19, 2009
    Welcome Blixke and thank you for your support. We're glad the show is seen in Belgium. And we really hope to see that second season too.

Grand13

[59]May 19, 2009
    • level: 11
    looks like its over..

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/exclusive-witho.html

CBS has canceled Without A Trace and renewed Numb3rs. I'm told Eye execs had one slot left, and they went with Numb3rs because it's less expensive to produce. CBS has also dropped Eleventh Hour and renewed How I Met Your Mother, Gary Unmarried, Rules of Engagement, and Old Christine.

luvinx

[60]May 19, 2009

I just wanted to come here and thank everyone for all their help. You were all wonderful and did a great job. This was not a reflection of us as fans; this was bad decision-making from a network. I think that they will get their own consequences come Fall.

I am still going to appeal to the creator to see if there is any chance of getting EH picked up elsewhere. If not by another network (which is doubtful), I would love to see it resurrected on cable. And I would love to see it last for years. Are the odds high that this would happen? I don't know, but they are zero if I don't try.

Thanks again everyone.