Eleventh Hour Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Episode Ratings

angelandspike

[41]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 66
    Ok. I thought 18 episodes had been order, but I read somewhere more recently that it was 17, so I thought I'd been mistaken.

It's always a good sign when more episodes are order as that means the network is interested in giving the show a chance.

I just wish it was higher than number 12. That's not certain doom, though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OnePerCentClub

[42]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 35
    If you read that it was 17 eps recently then maybe that's the right number. But here on tv.com there's an article that says it is 18 episodes, so... I hope it's 18!!! More Hood and Young to watch.

Yes, me too, I wish it was more episodes But many networks gave other shows 13 episodes, so I guess this show got lucky.
    I hope we hear some good news soon

angelandspike

[43]Feb 21, 2009
    Maybe they just made a typo and didn't catch it. I hope it's 18 as well.

You're right about the number of episodes. We're lucky it got so many. I think we'll see more premiere seasons with fewer episodes from now on.

Since this site is owned by CBS, I'm sure it'll be one of the first to post the news about the show.

OnePerCentClub

[44]Feb 23, 2009
    *keeps fingers crossed*

TesserT

[46]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 75
    tvbythenumbers overnight ratings (doesn't include DVRs)

for Feb 26 Ep 15 Electro: #1 for the 10 pm time slot
    11.728 million viewers
    18-49 demo rating/share: 2.9/8 (#2)
    18-34 demo rating/share: 1.8/6 (#2, up 7%) (kept 66% of lead-in CSI's 18-49 demo)

Up against NBC ER (#2) & ABC Private Practice repeat (#3)

Ck this link to see how Eleventh Hr did against CBS's other shows in past weeks.

OnePerCentClub

[47]Feb 27, 2009
    So EH had almost half a million more viewers than last week. I think that's great.
    And it's confirmed here in tv.com that it's 18 episodes. I thought they had regreted and were doing only 17 so, I think the next good news would be the show being renewed.
    I believe that if this show has a 2nd season will get more viewers and will have better stories.

angelandspike

[48]Feb 28, 2009
    I noticed the number of viewers increased as well. That's really good and I'm also hoping it helps in the decision to keep the show. It also moved up from number 12 to number 9 against CBS' other shows. Of course, some of the other shows were repeats, so that can make a difference. Still, it out ranked Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs last week when all 3 shows had new episodes.

OnePerCentClub

[49]Mar 4, 2009

I hope so too. Now that CBS announced that they might only have 3 or 4 new shows next season. It gives EH lots of chances of being renewed. And in the final numbers announced by Nielsen, the show lost a little more than 20 thousand viewers.

Here's the link to last week's top 20: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/03/american-idol-ncis-and-csi-lead-weekly-broadcast-viewing/13874

And the link to CBS' announcement: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/03/moonves-cbs-only-has-room-for-3-or-4-new-shows-next-season/13920

Still, fingers crossed

TesserT

[50]Mar 6, 2009
    tvbythenumbers overnight ratings (doesn't include DVRs)

for Mar 5 Ep 16 Subway: #1 for the 10 pm time slot
    12.151 million viewers
    18-49 demo rating/share: 3.0/8 (#2)
    18-34 demo rating/share: 1.9/6 (#2)

Up against NBC ER (#2, 8.796 mil, #1 in the demos ) & ABC Private Practice repeat (#3)

OnePerCentClub

[51]Mar 6, 2009
    CSI had almost 21 million viewers and I believe it had something to do with Taylor Swift's acting debut. However, I believe the increase in EH's viewers have nothing to do with it because its numbers have been increasing week to week (at least for the last month). CSI had 3 million viewers less last week. I guess EH maintains the loyal fans and gets more little by little.
    EH was also up in the demos, a little, but it was up.

OnePerCentClub

[52]Mar 13, 2009

Here's the link to last night's ratings:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/13/cbs-wins-thursday-in-viewers-and-key-demos/14520

Edited on 03/13/2009 3:06pm

TesserT

[53]Mar 20, 2009
    Here's another tvbythenumbers link with overnight ratings (doesn't include DVRs)

for Mar 12 Ep 17 Olfactus: #1 for the 10 pm time slot
    11.779 million viewers
    18-49 demo rating/share: 2.8/7 (#3 for this demo)
    18-34 demo rating/share: 2.2/6 (#3 for this demo)

Up against NBC ER (#2, ~10.7 mil) & ABC Private Practice (#3, ~9.1 mil)

OnePerCentClub

[54]Apr 3, 2009

Here are the ratings for last night's episode:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/04/03/thursday-ratings-er-draws-163-million-viewers/15864

It didn't do that bad considering that it was competing with the last hour of the last episode of ER. I think it was a very bad decision by CBS to air CSI's 200th episode and to air EH's season finale on the night of ER's series finale. EH did pretty good. Well, maybe not the demos, but still.

TesserT

[55]Apr 3, 2009
    It came in 2nd for viewership but was down almost 1.4 million from last week - perhaps the ER show finale had something to do with that & DVR ratings will show EH got watched later. Although it came in 2nd for the demos it was down from last week. Private Practive which usually outdoes EH in demos was a repeat.

nyjets111

[56]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 4
    In all honestly, the fact that it was ER series finale is exactly why Eleventh Hour's ratings are done. I mean, in terms of total viewers, I believe that Eleventh hours has done consistently better than ER. I really do think EH will be renewed. It is an inexpensive show to make, has solid ratings, and CBS could use new shows. Most of its 'power' shows, CSI, Criminal Minds, Numbers, are over 5 years old and CSI is starting to show signs of weakening somewhat.

mcdmc14

[57]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 2
    I hope it is renewed to, i think people are expecting so much out of this first season for cry out loud its the FIRST season you want to go into charter detail and know there whole lives but they have a little witch keeps you coming back for more to learn, so what if the show is on the science fiction side so is X-Files but people tunned for 9 season of that you cant expect the first season of EH to be compared to the 9 season of X-files

luvinx

[58]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 20

mcdmc14 wrote:
    I hope it is renewed to, i think people are expecting so much out of this first season for cry out loud its the FIRST season you want to go into charter detail and know there whole lives but they have a little witch keeps you coming back for more to learn, so what if the show is on the science fiction side so is X-Files but people tunned for 9 season of that you cant expect the first season of EH to be compared to the 9 season of X-files

Very good point! And I can remember several series' that were great hits that started with even a couple "slow" or "not up to par" seasons. Things have to be given a chance. It is like a relationship. It needs time to grow. You bail too soon and you may miss out on the one.

Lattelady

[59]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 5
    I'd want the show to be renewed, as well and am hoping that it will be released on DVD soon. I could use the space on my DVR.

angelandspike

[60]Apr 4, 2009
    I don't think the numbers being down this week necessarily means it's a trend. Considering that it was up against the series finale of ER, that makes sense. I even thought about recording the ER episode since I used to watch the show regularly.

Even with the slight dip, the ratings are still respectable.

I also think the fact that they didn't cancel the show early on with some other shows that were canceled is a good sign that they haven't made a decision about it yet.