TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Eleventh Hour Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Episode Ratings

SunSpeed

[61]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 30

I've checked Eleventh Hour's ratings occasionly on Zap2it and the show's fast national ratings have been consistently around 7.0, which is good for a new show. The Mentalist has been getting very high ratings for it's opening season. Yet I didn't watch it's first episode all the way through. Didn't like it at all. Yet Eleventh Hour reminds me of The X Files and I loved that show.

I do hope Eleventh Hour is renewed for a second season. It's only just starting in the UK next Wednesday (8th April).

Maybe the makers of Eleventh Hour could do a crossover with another CBS show in it's second season? It's highly unlikely they would do a crossover with a show on a different network.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mcdmc14

[62]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 2
    luvinx wrote:

mcdmc14 wrote:
    I hope it is renewed to, i think people are expecting so much out of this first season for cry out loud its the FIRST season you want to go into charter detail and know there whole lives but they have a little witch keeps you coming back for more to learn, so what if the show is on the science fiction side so is X-Files but people tunned for 9 season of that you cant expect the first season of EH to be compared to the 9 season of X-files

Very good point! And I can remember several series' that were great hits that started with even a couple "slow" or "not up to par" seasons. Things have to be given a chance. It is like a relationship. It needs time to grow. You bail too soon and you may miss out on the one.

exactly this show had real good episodes and some slow but what do u expect everything to real real good you need to give it some time like a realationship exactly

OnePerCentClub

[63]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 35

angelandspike wrote:
    I also think the fact that they didn't cancel the show early on with some other shows that were canceled is a good sign that they haven't made a decision about it yet.

I think there are very good signs that indicate the show can come back for another season:

1. The show not being cancelled early in the season.

2. The show getting 5 more episodes from the original order.

3. Felix's introduction because well, Marley is pregnant. Why bother introducing a new character later in the season if the show is ending? I say they're getting ready to cover for Marley's absence in the fall.

4. The good decent ratings. For a first season, it's doing good. It's doing better than other 'old' shows. It needs time to grow.

5. The last scene of the season finale. It seems like Rachel is eager to get back to work as soon she recovers and even asks Hood to tell his new handler to 'not get too comfortable'. And Hood is happy about it. So what do you all think?

Are there more signs?

Edited on 04/04/2009 10:11am

angelandspike

[64]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 66
    One, all those things plus the fact that they've sold the license for episodes in other countries, especially the UK. Journeyman is the only show I know of that was sold to the UK recently, but didn't get picked up for a second season.

Thanks for letting us know the show was going to begin airing in the UK. I hadn't known that. I have a friend in England I speak with regularly and Eleventh Hour hadn't been picked up there the last time we spoke.

OnePerCentClub

[65]Apr 4, 2009

Angelandspike, here's the link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/mar/18/living-tv-eleventh-hour

Living TV buys Eleventh Hour UK rights

The Living TV channel has picked up the exclusive UK rights to hit American mystery drama Eleventh Hour, which was based on the ITV drama that starred Patrick Stewart.

The show, from CSI producer Jerry Bruckheimer, has been one of the biggest hits of the US TV season, averaging around 12 million viewers on CBS.

The drama stars British actor Rufus Sewell as biophysicist Dr Jacob Hood who investigates scientific crises and oddities. It is based on the British series by Stephen Gallagher.

The drama will air on Living, owned by Virgin Media Television, later this year after the cable and satellite channel completed a deal with Warner Bros International Television Distribution.

The Virgin Media Television head of acquisitions, Amy Barham, said: "Strong, compelling with hard-hitting storylines and a great cast, including an amazing performance from Rufus Sewell, Eleventh Hour is a great addition to Living's drama line up."

Living, which last week pulled in its highest ratings with coverage of Jade Goody's wedding, already airs a number of US dramas including Grey's Anatomy, Criminal Minds and Ghost Whisperer.

Edited on 04/04/2009 9:28pm

angelandspike

[66]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 66
    Thanks. I read about it yesterday.

Dakotagirl823

[67]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 23
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

I think there are very good signs that indicate the show can come back for another season:

1. The show not being cancelled early in the season.

2. The show getting 5 more episodes from the original order.

3. Felix's introduction because well, Marley is pregnant. Why bother introducing a new character later in the season if the show is ending? I say they're getting ready to cover for Marley's absence in the fall.

4. The good decent ratings. For a first season, it's doing good. It's doing better than other 'old' shows. It needs time to grow.

5. The last scene of the season finale. It seems like Rachel is eager to get back to work as soon she recovers and even asks Hood to tell his new handler to 'not get too comfortable'. And Hood is happy about it. So what do you all think?

Are there more signs?

It seems like any show produced by Jerry Bruckhiemer does pretty well in the ratings. I really didn't start watching the show until after episode 6 because nothing inferiates me more than investing time watching a show and then it gets cancelled. It took me a while to really get into the show but I do feel that it's much more exciting than The Mentalist. I'm very pleased that the network has given the show time to grow and using CSI as a lead in may have played a part in it's good ratings.

I think the fact that the network ordered 18 episodes is a great sign that they have confidence in the show and is-at least to me-a sign that it will be picked up for a second season. Afrter all, The Unit and Flashpoint don't seem to pull in the greatest ratings and yet the network is willing to stand behind them.

Edited on 04/06/2009 7:22pm
    Edited 2 total times.

OnePerCentClub

[68]Apr 10, 2009
    I think so too. And you're right, you invest time in a show and then it gets cancelled? It's very frustrating. It hasn't happened to me yet and I hope this is not the first time!
    Please read our thread about saving the show. Please support EH!

luvinx

[69]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 20

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    I think so too. And you're right, you invest time in a show and then it gets cancelled? It's very frustrating. It hasn't happened to me yet and I hope this is not the first time! Please read our thread about saving the show. Please support EH!

And spread the word too!

SunSpeed

[70]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 30

I'm going to tell other people about Eleventh Hour. Watched episode 1 yesterday and enjoyed it, despite some things which reminded me of the CSI shows (not a fan of those compared to the Law and Order shows) like the over-use of the aerial shots of Seattle (a trademark in the CSI shows), although they felt fresh compared to those shows. The first episode's story was good and the use of colour and lighting I liked.

How long was the first episode (the running time)? There were three ad breaks during the hour Eleventh Hour's first episode was shown in. I wish there were more current US shows with the longer running time that Fringe has.

luvinx

[71]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 20
    SunSpeed wrote:

I'm going to tell other people about Eleventh Hour. Watched episode 1 yesterday and enjoyed it, despite some things which reminded me of the CSI shows (not a fan of those compared to the Law and Order shows) like the over-use of the aerial shots of Seattle (a trademark in the CSI shows), although they felt fresh compared to those shows. The first episode's story was good and the use of colour and lighting I liked.

How long was the first episode (the running time)? There were three ad breaks during the hour Eleventh Hour's first episode was shown in. I wish there were more current US shows with the longer running time that Fringe has.

Thank you so much for spreading the word! We all need to join together. And, with some exceptions, the eps just get better and better, trust me on that. Also, you will see many huge differences from CSI and others emerge as the season goes on. It has a very 'fresh' feel to it. And the Hood/Rachel dynamic is really exciting to watch as it grows.

The first episode ran almost 42 minutes (41.56).

Please continue to watch. The finale was awesome!! Turned a lot of us into hardcore fans, if we weren't already. It also left us wanting so much more. Check out the "Let's save our show" thread for other ideas to make sure we get this back next season.

Thanks again!