Eleventh Hour Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Favorite Moments and/or Quotes of Season 1

luvinx

[1]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 20

Ok, there were oh-so-many great quotes from the season, and a lot of wonderful moments. Let's all select our favorites and chat about them.

My first one is a very subtle one from the ep "H2O". When Hood wakes up from his 'freak out' and see Rachel sitting there, she hands him a coffee. When he grabs it he says "Bless you" and gets this sweet smile on his face before he takes a sip. I just love that!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nyjets111

[2]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 4

I was hoping someone was going to start this (Note that the quotes are cut/pastes from tv tome):

Cardiac:

The scene when Hood is giving a problem to the student body. He offers as a prize Rachel's handcuffs where she has to show them to the kids. THe look on here face is priceless, basically saying, 'I am going to kill Hood'

Flesh:

Rachel: Tabitha Jackson checked in here two nights ago. This brings back memories.
    Hood (raises eyebrow): Really? You were something of a party girl?
    Rachel (smirking): That information's on a need to know basis.

(Hood proceeds to have a great smirk on his face afterwords)

Eternal:

Rachel: Don't tell me you're going to build some kind of bomb with champagne and baking soda?
    Hood: Rachel, I'm a scientist. I'm not MacGyver. Shoot the lock.

There are also two GREAT scenes in that episode. One, when the manager of the country club grabs Rachael arms. They did not have to show Hood's reaction. His reaction was the same reaction of the audience: "He did what!?!?! Rachael is going to wrip that arm off and beat the manager with it." Two, after the game of chicken Rachel plays with the suspect. The satisified smirk of Rachel's combined with Hood's look of his life's had just flashed across his face was priceless.

Pinocchio:

Rachel: What's on your mind, Hood? And don't say nothing.
    Hood: When I was, am, holding that child, that cloned child, I had a feeling for a second what it must be like to be Geppetto, God-like, and it made me dizzy. I mean, if this is really where we're headed, if, if we're really going to be playing God, then I don't want a part of it. (FOr some reason, I love this line. I am convinced that Hood was thinking about the fact that him and his wife were childless. I think this may come into play latter.)

Miranda: You're a coward, Dr. Hood. You play being a good man, but you'll never be great.
    Hood: I can live with that.

Miranda: You would sacrifice a talent like mine for a cloned infant?
    Hood: She has a name. Esperanza. And yes, I'd sacrifice your talent for an insect.

(THe scene between Hood and Miranda was great. Mirnada and Hood displayed total contempt to one another without resorting to yelling.)

Subway:

Rachel: Yep. Speaking of brave, Agent Lee did a hell of a job today.
    Hood: Yeah, I noticed. Where were you?
    Rachel: Very funny.

Hood: Rachel, remember, you can hear me but I can't hear you.
    Rachel: Hey voice of God, you fold a map like a girl.
    Hood: But I can read your lips.
    (an embarrassed Rachel waves at the camera)
    Ashton: You lip-read?
    (Hood shakes his head indicating he can't. Ashton produces a great grin)

Medea

Rachel: I know that look. You're on Planet Hood. What's up?(mentioned in other episodes as well)

Sophia: This place looks like it's been closed for a while.
    Rachel: It's the pancakes. They probably poisoned someone

Hood: I've been thinking... And um... I've decided if you want to transfer out, I wouldn't stop you.
    Rachel (chuckles): 'Welcome back Rachel?'
    Hood: I'm serious, Rachel. You're lucky to be alive and if it had gone the other way I'd find that very hard to deal with.
    Rachel: Listen Hood, I don't want another assignment, right? Maybe my ****ates from Quantico are ahead of me on the ladder, and maybe I barely remember what my apartment looks like, but if it was anyone else lying here instead of me, I swear to you I would be jealous as hell.
    Hood (smiles): Really?
    Rachel: Besides, let's face it, you need me. You're the worst driver in the world. (Okay, this is everybodies favorite scene. I got to it first )

I am sure that there are other scenes. But that is all I can think of for now.

luvinx

[3]Apr 16, 2009

Wow, nyjets, those were all just GREAT! You nailed alot of good stuff, and your explanation of them was even better.

Glad to see you on the forum here. Did you happen to get my PM? Please help us and send out a watch (or 2 or 3 or 4 ) and go tell CBS as often as you can to bring this prize of a show back in the Fall.

Hope to see you back around here again soon!

nyjets111

[4]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 4
    I just posted a message now (jetisland).
    I will try to get a watch this weekend.

luvinx

[5]Apr 16, 2009

nyjets111 wrote:
    I just posted a message now (jetisland). I will try to get a watch this weekend.

Hi again. I saw your post there. I answered you there as well, but you have to go to the "User Feedback" at the bottom of the CBS page to send the message to where it needs to go. You only posted on the fan page and, as much as we liked what you said, CBS doesn't read that.

Thank you for helping out, and sending that watch will be also help out immensely. Think if all the EH fans did that?

OnePerCentClub

[6]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 35
    This is a great thread!
    Well, one of my favorite quotes is on my signature.

My favorite moment has to be when Hood was drugged in 'H2O'. He was vulnerable and he wasn't himself, however he showed his fear of being alone and Rachel comforted him by telling him he wasn't. And what happened next was also very sweet.

For now, I have to say that all those little conversations between Hood and Rachel are the best. That's how their relationship is growing and getting better every episode.

I will mention specific moments and quotes later, but for now, this was a good introduction.

Keep posting EH fans!

aethrenet

[7]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 3
    Any moment where Hood loses is cool tends to be awesome. It's fun to see what'll push the rational scientist aside and to see how he acts after. He's still pretty rational for an angry person, though. Welllll, other than his PCP trip - makes you wonder what he spends his spare time reading. Apparently papers and books on the beginning and the end of the world or the multiverse. Ahhh, physics geeks! If only I were smart enough to be one! (Or even just had the prereqs for the biophysics class offered at my university...)

OnePerCentClub

[8]Apr 16, 2009
    You gotta love a physics geek
    No one has mentioned the shooting range scene.

"You think really well, but you can't shoot worth a damn"

Well, at least we could see him drive next season.

luvinx

[9]Apr 17, 2009

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    You gotta love a physics geek No one has mentioned the shooting range scene. "You think really well, but you can't shoot worth a damn" Well, at least we could see him drive next season.

After the truck? Heck no, Rachel will never let that happen. If she hadn't been dying, she would have kicked his butt!

OnePerCentClub

[10]Apr 17, 2009
    luvinx wrote:

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    You gotta love a physics geek No one has mentioned the shooting range scene. "You think really well, but you can't shoot worth a damn" Well, at least we could see him drive next season.

After the truck? Heck no, Rachel will never let that happen. If she hadn't been dying, she would have kicked his butt!

I would love to see her do that. He'd probably beg her to stop

aethrenet

[11]Apr 17, 2009
    Did you guys see how Hood drove up onto the curb at the hospital? Makes you wonder if Rachel's monopoly over driving is legit... XD

OnePerCentClub

[12]Apr 17, 2009
    aethrenet wrote:
    Did you guys see how Hood drove up onto the curb at the hospital? Makes you wonder if Rachel's monopoly over driving is legit... XD

And you know what I was thinking? That he was so worried to get to the hospital so quickly that he didn't mind who or what he hit in the way. So I guess Rachel could forgive him because of that, couldn't she?
    Come on, give him a chance!

aethrenet

[13]Apr 17, 2009
    Yeah, but driving is kinda automatic, y'know? Even in a panic, you probably wouldn't bounce onto the curb because you just... don't. And Hood was pretty in control of himself in that he wasn't super panic-y or anything. He still knew what to do, how to do it and was going to execute it.

Though it could go either way.

luvinx

[14]Apr 18, 2009

Ok, I love it in "Savant" when Hood realizes that Scott Butler was playing the notes on the piano to the beeps of the anesthesia machine and he grabs Rachel and pulls her to the door....and then just doesn't let go for a loooong time. She actually has to pull out of his grip to go get the drawing. Ok, shippy moment, but a moment I loved nonetheless.

Forgive me - I am trying to write a very 'shippy' part of my story right now.

aethrenet

[15]Apr 18, 2009
    Ship is wonderful! And I noticed that too, XD Hood I can see focused to the point he forgets that he's holding onto Rachel, but there's no way Rachel wouldn't notice! And she makes him let go only when necessary~

OnePerCentClub

[16]Apr 18, 2009

Darn it Luvinx, you turned me into a shipper!!! -As if I needed any help -

Anyway, I noticed that. And that was more noticeable in recent episodes. In Subway, he grabs her shoulder to stop her to go into the room where they find the guy and later when she's coming too close to the guy he stops her by touching her shoulder again *sighs*

P.S. Ohhhh Luvinx, that's why you brought that up?

Edited on 04/18/2009 8:20pm

xPilotTheTruth

[17]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 5
    The 'post it note' scene is my favourite I think.. I'll expand just incase anyone can't remember. It's also in the episode "Subway" where Lee and Rachel are putting post it notes on the map to plot (I think) where the victims lived and where they showed sypmtons.
    Well here's the quote that some wonderful person submitted

Lee: I love post-its, one of the best inventions of the 20th century.
    Rachel: What do you think, Hood?
    Hood: Yeah, I kinda like the fact that you can stick them on to anything.
    Lee: Right!
    Rachel: About this? (looks at the map)
    Hood: Oh! (clueless) Yeah.

aethrenet

[18]Apr 30, 2009
    Yeaaaah. That was brilliant!

xPilotTheTruth

[19]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 5
    Wasn't it just? ^^

Oh and another scene I really liked (which i'm suprised no one has mentioned yet) is, I beileve, in the Pilot episode where Hood accidnetly sits on his panic button (or whatever its called) and Rachel comes running in her tiny dressing gown I thought it was hilarious!

luvinx

[20]Apr 30, 2009

Nice ones, guys! Everyone is so busy with the campaign stuff, I think this poor little forum is suffering. Oh well, once we get our renewal, we will have plenty to talk about and there will be lots of fun to be had.

Let me think of one. Oh, ok. I love the very end of "Electro" when Rachel is teasing Felix about the nanofilm being on him somewhere and Hood decides to tease Rachel right back.

Hood: "What is that hanging from your hair by the way, Rachel?"

Rachel: "Wise ass."