Eleventh Hour Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Medea Official Discussion (Spoilers)

angelandspike

[1]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 66
    Please use this thread to discuss the most current episode.

Please do not post spoilers for future episodes in this thread. Only spoilers for this episode and previous episodes are permitted here.

Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

luvinx

[2]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 20
    Did anyone else see the promo for this ep? I caught a second of it and it looks like Rachel is kidnapped? If so, oh boy! They better not give us an awesome episode, even leave on a cliffhanger....and then cancel the show.

angelandspike

[3]Apr 1, 2009
    I did and it does look like Rachel is kidnapped. I sure hope it doesn't end with her being held somewhere and we never get to know what happens to her.

OnePerCentClub

[4]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 35
    I guess they could do whatever they want with Rachel... As long as they don't cancel the show!!!

angelandspike

[5]Apr 2, 2009
    No they can't. I don't want them getting rid of Rachel. I understand Marley has to leave for awhile since they don't want to make Rachel pregnant, but I don't want them to kill off Rachel.

OnePerCentClub

[6]Apr 2, 2009
    Oh I don't want that either! What I meant is that anything can happen to Rachel as long as they don't cancel the show, but obviously keeping both actors. I don't think I'd want to watch the show if one of them left. It wouldn't be the same.
    Gee I hope they don't kill her off. I hadn't thought of that But I'm sure the season will have to end with a cliffhanger, like almost every other shows, but as long as it comes back.
    God, I hate the waiting.

luvinx

[7]Apr 2, 2009

THAT ROCKED!!!!! I am gonna go watch again right now. Be back later for more chat.

Oh, and One....you and I got a lot to talk about in "our thread".

Edited on 04/02/2009 8:43pm

angelandspike

[8]Apr 2, 2009
    I really liked this episode. I wasn't sure if Rachel would make it or not. I also thought Hood was going to be in real trouble for awhile.

luvinx

[9]Apr 3, 2009

Wow! I think it was even better the second go around.

The writing, directing, acting....all the best yet! If this is to be the end (please no!), then they really went out with a Bang! There are so many parts that I absolutely adored that my post would be a mile long if I mentioned them all. And I will keep the bulk of my Hood/Rachel stuff in the appropriate thread.

I loved Felix! Not that I didn't like him all along, but this episode sealed the deal. And when he comes to meet up with Hood, just after Hood is made a suspect, and ends up going with him....gotta love him! Good boy. And I love how he comes into the place assuring Hood that no one has followed him.....and then he looks behind him again kinda nervous....it cracked me up. He is funny and sweet and yet has managed to enter this team both without screwing up the things we already loved, and the dynamic between Hood and Rachel.

"Planet Hood". Enough said.

When Hood is threatened by the Deputy Director...."why don't you give it a try"....I yelped. You go Jacob! It was nice to see him be tough with that passion of his. I know he is always that way to a degree, but I like it even better like this. Kick*ss Hood. Nice!

Rachel was amazing as well. Again, I had some reservations at the beginning of the series, but she blew those away. She seemed to quickly find a balance between tough FBI Agent Young and human being Rachel, and it was seen here tonight at its best. The scenes after she is kidnapped are wonderful. She kept it so realistic, being professional, yet clearly in major pain and distress. "If I want to bleed to death....I'll let you know." MS did a job well done and she better be back!!

I love when they get to the diner and it is closed down and Rachel's response about the poisonous pancakes....

Did I say I could go on and on?

danharr

[10]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 45
    Great episode the team of what recently became 3 is working together much better now and the inevitable Hood on the other side of the law episode was done great. I don't think we will have a problem with the show coming back and if so I'm glad we didn't have a typical cliffhanger between season.

TesserT

[11]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 79
    I really liked this episode. Hood's thinking & acting outside the box was great. I thought for a moment at the end that Rachel was going to take the transfer Hood offered her & then CBS was going to tell us that EH had been canx. So glad she decided working with Hood is the place to be. I hope CBS gives this show another season.

haldrey

[12]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 22
    An excellent episode from begin to end. They are giving Felix more time, I like that. The only thing, no cliffhanger, bad omen.

luvinx

[13]Apr 3, 2009

haldrey wrote:
    An excellent episode from begin to end. They are giving Felix more time, I like that. The only thing, no cliffhanger, bad omen.

It may not be a bad omen. Listening to the dialogue at the end between the 2 really made me excited, really. They seemed to be setting things up for a S2 by Rachel's excitement to stay with him no matter what. Plus, her recovery from this incident can allow for any time needed for her pregnancy and after. And they also solidified Felix' role with the team when he chose to help Hood against his superiors. He is there now to "fill in the gaps" when MS is gone. Not that I think that is all he is - I really like him - but it would be a problem if the show was just Hood running around by himself for a few eps, and now that a third member of the team is there, that won't happen.

I will admit that my heart dropped when Hood said that he had been thinking; I thought he was gonna say that he was gonna leave. But luckily, once again, I think the way the discussion ended up just tightened their relationship even more than ever. Whatever CBS is thinking, the finale did not end in any way that spoke to me as "THE END". The writers, the directors and the actors all seemed to put in their best for next season. Let's hope that CBS is with them.

Oh, and also....everyone who is reading this....go give CBS some feedback about this show and let them know that it is very much wanted back!!

OnePerCentClub

[14]Apr 3, 2009
    Hey luvinx!!! I haven't seen the episode, but I'm getting ready to, but I have to say I TOTALLY agree with what you said.
    And I'm off to the CBS website to flood them with emails!
    There are many fans at the CBS forums, I might let them know too
    I'm still waiting for your comment of our favorite thread though
    See you later.

luvinx

[15]Apr 3, 2009

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    Hey luvinx!!! I haven't seen the episode, but I'm getting ready to, but I have to say I TOTALLY agree with what you said. And I'm off to the CBS website to flood them with emails! There are many fans at the CBS forums, I might let them know too I'm still waiting for your comment of our favorite thread though See you later.

Hi One! It is SO SO SO great; I can't wait until you see it! Now I have the fever for a S2 more than ever! I am trying to tell everyone and anyone to contact CBS.

As for our thread....meet ya there!

Lattelady

[16]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 5
    haldrey wrote:

Well they laid the groundwork for early next season, when Rachel may need to be off. I took it as a good sign that she actually mentioned Hood having to have a new handler for a while. So I'm taking that as a good omen.

.....besides I can name a number of shows that were canceled and left us with a terrible cliffy.

nyjets111

[17]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 4

Overall, this was a very good episode. I actually dislike 'melodramatic' season finales with bogus cliffhangers. Ex: the main character is shot, Will he/she survive. Of course they will. I am glad they did not do that.

Various Points:

The Science: This was a light science episode. They touched upon the ethics of forced medication of mental patients with the implants. And the science stuff, the hair sample showing a person drug history, was relatively underscored. But that is okay. Science light episodes can be a good thing.

The Story: I thought the story was great. I find that some stories on some shows are designed to make you sick, ie CSI. This show for the most part avoids that I think. You also felt sorry for Sofia and what Ray Wynne did to her. You are glad she did not kill anyone and you really do hope that she can get some part of her life back. The scene when she said good by to son was heartbreaking. Overall this was a great story.

Furthermore, I loved Felix in this one. The look on his face when Hood was considered a person of interest was perfect. And I am a sucker when a character shows loyalty to another one, especially when that loyalty is deserved. Top marks for his character.

I also liked the FBI director. I never got the sense that Hood bought Ray Wynne story. I think the director had every intention of listening to Hoods story when he was caught. That was a nice touch.

Jacob and Rachael: What more can be said, they were great together. AS many people as said, the line when Jacob was praying for Rachael to come back because he is not good at small talk was great. It was also a nice touch when Jacob picked up the gun in the opening scene. It reminds the view that Jacob does not like guns.

The scene when Rachael is shot and taken and Jacobs reaction was well done. We have seen Jacob angry before. But for the first time, he nearly lost control. When he was confronting Ray Wynne , I thought Jacob was not stopping himself from punching him out. HE was trying to force himself to punch him. It was why I think Jacob wanted Ray Wynne to make the first punch. This way Jacob could try and deck him.

I also loved the code message he gave Rachael about the 'great pancake place.' Not only did Jacob trust Rachael to understand the message, Rachael trusted Hood to actually follow through with Hood plan. It shows how much these two trust one another.

Also, Hood confronting Ray Wynne must of been very very satisfy for Hood.Almost as satisfying when he confronted Getepetto.

Finally, the last scene between Rachael and Jacob was great. Jacob really did not want Rachael to get herself killed out of sense of loyalty to him. And Rachael basically said, I love doing this.

This may have been an understated season finally, but it was a very very good season finale as well.

OnePerCentClub

[18]Apr 4, 2009
    About the science, well, the hair sample scene was well done, short however, I'm not sure if that can tell if a woman has given birth, unless I missed something. Oh and they mentioned Gilbert's syndrome and miosis, so, two more things
    The code message was beautiful and totally tricked Wynne. They're building trust and that will become something really important in the series. The writers can have a blast with that!
    When it comes back (it will, damn it!) it definitely needs a subplot.

luvinx

[19]Apr 4, 2009

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    About the science, well, the hair sample scene was well done, short however, I'm not sure if that can tell if a woman has given birth, unless I missed something. Oh and they mentioned Gilbert's syndrome and miosis, so, two more things The code message was beautiful and totally tricked Wynne. They're building trust and that will become something really important in the series. The writers can have a blast with that! When it comes back (it will, damn it!) it definitely needs a subplot.

I love the science/nerdy/geeky stuff. It was what drew me to the show initially, and why I loved Hood right off. However, with that being said, the fact that this one was science-lite was fine with me. There was so much else going on, and I am an absolute sucker for character development.

One, I know that when I was pregnant, my hair was awesome! Full and healthy as heck! I think Hood noticed this "thickness factor" and that clued him in to a full-term pregnancy rather than a miscarriage. I could be wrong, but that is what I got out of it.

Trust is everything. And that is why this pairing is so great. I know we have mentioned it before, but it has been great to see that that has remained constant throughout, even when other things have not.

One - I just have to say I noticed the new addition to your sig....and I LOVE IT!

OnePerCentClub

[20]Apr 4, 2009
    luvinx wrote:
    One, I know that when I was pregnant, my hair was awesome! Full and healthy as heck! I think Hood noticed this "thickness factor" and that clued him in to a full-term pregnancy rather than a miscarriage. I could be wrong, but that is what I got out of it.

Trust is everything. And that is why this pairing is so great. I know we have mentioned it before, but it has been great to see that that has remained constant throughout, even when other things have not. One - I just have to say I noticed the new addition to your sig....and I LOVE IT!

Hey Luvinx, I totally forgot about the hormones! You're right, the hair is terrific and the glow, right?

Trust is the most important. I remember we mentioned admiration, communication and respect, am I right?

The signature ! Now that the whole nerve-wrecking moment has passed, I can't get that phrase out of my mind, I love it! Thanks!

About the science, yes it was light but there other things that made you forget about it.