Eleventh Hour Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Officially Cancelled

Novadestin

[1]May 20, 2009
    • level: 8

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/eleventh-hour-cancelled-season-two/

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/05/cbs-renews-slew-of-series-including-old-christine-cold-case-and-numb3rs.html

Kind of sad, I thought this show was great in that everything could actually happen

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stath1977

[2]May 20, 2009
    • level: 17
    WTF!!! I'd like to meet the stupid monkeys that decided the cancellation of this show! Major major MAJOR disappointment...

luvinx

[3]May 20, 2009
    • level: 20

Put that disappointment to good use. Check out the Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign thread here. We are gonna try and get it picked up by another station, preferably cable. It can't hurt to try, and we have the ear of EH's creator, Stephen Gallagher.

Come and help us out!

OnePerCentClub

[4]May 20, 2009
    • level: 35
    Please, CBS is the worst network right now, when it comes to important decisions. I don't even know why I waste my time typing their name.
    You'd better join us in the Resurrection Campaign like Luvinx said and we'll try to make this work.

THIS IS ISN'T OVER YET.

Dakotagirl823

[5]May 20, 2009
    • level: 23
    I'm greatly disappointed in CBS's decision to cancel this show and at the same time,I'm amazed that they picked up the NBC show, Medium to air following Ghost Whisperer. While this show did better in the ratings than FOX's show Lie to Me (which I'm glad will be back in the fall) it just wasn't able to hold the lead in audience from CSI, which I feel was something the executives took into consideration before giving it the axe. I really feel that the show deserved a second season and a new time slot-perhaps Saturday or Sunday when the competition isn't so fierce.

IMO, think this show was a better fit for the SY FY channel than CBS.

OnePerCentClub

[6]May 20, 2009
    Join us here Dakotagirl:

http://forum.planet-hood.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52

Help us save this show. This is serious.

The-1337

[7]May 22, 2009
    • level: 4
    Did you guys see Les Moonves ripping into NBC for not picking up Medium? Then he goes and cancels Eleventh Hour and Without a Trace. CBS might have good ratings, but they are definitely making some dumb choices.

OnePerCentClub

[8]May 22, 2009
    Oh yes, they did. Picking up Medium over EH was a terrible move for the fans, for those 12 million fans who were loyal and tuned in every Thursday night until that late to watch every episode of EH.

But well, it's all about the money and now we know that CBS want every cent Medium can make. Well I hope CBS sinks next fall. If CBS had given EH more promoting none of this would've happened.

Go to our Resurrection Campaign. Hopefully, another network will pick it up.

Dakotagirl823

[9]May 25, 2009
    • level: 23
    The-1337 wrote:
    Did you guys see Les Moonves ripping into NBC for not picking up Medium? Then he goes and cancels Eleventh Hour and Without a Trace. CBS might have good ratings, but they are definitely making some dumb choices.

Actually, I think Les was pleased that NBC dropped Medium. I think that it had been the networks intention to pick it up should NBC officially cancel it as it would be a great show to follow Ghost Whisperer. Not to knock either show but none of them deliver stallar ratings. Numbers is another show that hasn't brought in stellar ratings but the network has brought it back for yet another season. Judging from CBS's fall lineup, the only show that is guaranteed to be a hit is NCIS:Los Angeles. BTW, I love the resurrection campaign idea. I just read that Christina Applegate has formed such a campaigne to try and get Samantha Who picked up by another network so we're not the only one's unhappy about shows that have been cancelled. I've visited the Eleventh Hour resurrection campaign and I'll be writing in.

luvinx

[10]May 25, 2009

Thank you, Dakotagirl! Please make sure that you say "hi" over at Planet Hood and have as much 'playtime' as you do 'work-time' there. We work hard but we play harder.

I also saw your comments in the EHRC thread. I agree that there is something else going on with EH's cancellation. I also believe that EH suffered from a huge case of 'bad timing' all the way around.

No matter. We will just have to enlighten another network about EH and have them pick it up.

See you at Planet Hood! And spread the word.

mistresswitch

[11]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 6
    I am disappointed that the show has been cancelled, though I'm not surprised. At the moment I think networks are scared to hold on to shows that don't have strong & regular ratings. It's a shame, if it had kept going I think it'd have picked up higher ratings as we got involved in it, but the studios can't afford to take a chance.

OnePerCentClub

[12]Jun 3, 2009
    We too, are disappointed that such a great show was cancelled. CBS will regret doing this, because I agree with you about this show getting much better ratings if given a second season.

We see the fanbase grow even when the show is cancelled. But please go here:
    http://planet-hood.net/campaign

We're sending emails and letters in an effort to bring it back.
    We'll see you there.

KazzGirl

[13]Jun 9, 2009
    • level: 12
    The show started with about 11.5 million viewers and ended with about 12 million. To me that shows consistency. I also believe that the networks don't do enough to protect their shows loyal audiences. I mean it just wasn't on reguarly! One week it would be on and then there would be a two week break, then it would be on for a while and then off again. How does any show develop a loyal fan base when you don't know its on. The networks do this to themselves. And some network executives are making some stupid decisions. In fact it makes it really hard to start watching any new show because you just don't know if it is going to be around. And then when it does end, there is no ending. Or one just squished in like Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone - that was crap! It is really hard to be loyal to any show and the networks are to blame. Also imagine if Medium was not picked up to follow Ghost Whisperer! SPOILER ALERT I mean Allyson would still be in a coma!!

luvinx

[14]Jun 9, 2009

KazzGirl wrote:
    The show started with about 11.5 million viewers and ended with about 12 million. To me that shows consistency. I also believe that the networks don't do enough to protect their shows loyal audiences. I mean it just wasn't on reguarly! One week it would be on and then there would be a two week break, then it would be on for a while and then off again. How does any show develop a loyal fan base when you don't know its on. The networks do this to themselves. And some network executives are making some stupid decisions. In fact it makes it really hard to start watching any new show because you just don't know if it is going to be around. And then when it does end, there is no ending. Or one just squished in like Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone - that was crap! It is really hard to be loyal to any show and the networks are to blame. Also imagine if Medium was not picked up to follow Ghost Whisperer! SPOILER ALERT I mean Allyson would still be in a coma!!

Exactly right, KazzGirl! Come and check out our campaign; we are taking a little bit of a stand with Eleventh Hour. If you loved the show and miss it, come and help us out!

http://planet-hood.net/campaign