Eleventh Hour

Medea

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Apr 02, 2009 on CBS

• What a season finale should be

This episode exceeded my expectations. I was very worried about the show ending in a way that will tell us there was not going to be more Hood and Rachel next fall, but the end scene gave me hope.

Though the plot wasn't about something weird and unexplainable like every week, the plot was solid and exciting. Hood endangering his job and himself to help this woman and then Rachel was a great thing, because we got to see Rufus' excellent acting skills. On the other hand, all the bad thoughts I once had about Marley's performances in the beginning vanished in this episode. Her pain and her despair were believable and I was practically suffering with her.

It was nice to see Hood being the one to save and protect Rachel this time. One thing to mention is the amazing chemistry between Rufus and Marley and the trust, respect and admiration Hood and Rachel have for each other, that, if given another year, will be something to talk about. I hadn't seen such a powerful pair on screen since the XF days.

I hope this show comes back. Everything is in its side. While I believe the show needs a subplot, something exciting to look forward to every week beside the main plot, EH has a great cast, exciting cases, is a fresh change from the CSI family and decent ratings.