Elfen Lied Forums

(ended 2004)

elfen lied ending

BloodRobert

[1]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 1

i think ther should be a second season where kouta finds out his father was going 2 us him 4 test then he is turnned into the king of the diclonius and has all their memerys and pain along with their powers. And lucy and kouta gets married at the end and they have twins. that would make me feel so much better about the ending.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ghost-inZeShell

[2]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 5
    I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure I understand. Could you try to rephrase that?

Zwingli4

[3]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 16
    I thought Lucy died at the ending--they showed her horn being blasted into the sky. Although they didn't make it totally clear that's the signal I got.

Ghost-inZeShell

[4]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 5
    I think that they choose to put certain symbolism in that could be viewed in two way, because there is really no way that they could end the series in a way that would make everyone (the viewers) happy.

In such stories, the writer has a creative way of letting the person make the ending that they want.

For those who want Lucy to live "happy ever after" as Nyuu with Kouta, then that is what happend.

For those who just need Lucy to die for her sins, in the hail of gunfire, then that is what happend.

For myself, it's her at the door.

"Creative" writers always end these stories in cliffhangers so as to not disappoint one side or the other; which is fine for me, I would much rather a cliffhanger (to with I may choose me ending) than a staight forward ending that I don't like.

SsriTelQuessir

[5]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 26

Ghost-inZeShell wrote:
    I think that they choose to put certain symbolism in that could be viewed in two way, because there is really no way that they could end the series in a way that would make everyone (the viewers) happy. In such stories, the writer has a creative way of letting the person make the ending that they want. For those who want Lucy to live "happy ever after" as Nyuu with Kouta, then that is what happend. For those who just need Lucy to die for her sins, in the hail of gunfire, then that is what happend. For myself, it's her at the door. "Creative" writers always end these stories in cliffhangers so as to not disappoint one side or the other; which is fine for me, I would much rather a cliffhanger (to with I may choose me ending) than a staight forward ending that I don't like.

Agreed. That is one of the benefits of the open-ended-ending. I also like to think that it is Nyuu's shadow cast through the tanslucence of the door. I think that there is redemption in that; in Lucy's death, surely there is justice, but there is no redemption.