Eli Stone

Father Figure

Aired Saturday 10:00 PM Feb 14, 2008 on ABC

• I like the new series but this was my least favorite episode.

I was pleasantly surprised by this new show. I like Eli. He's funny and a great reluctant hero. I was really pulled into the series in the first 2 episodes. However, this episode left me a little disappointed. Not enough to not like the show but enough to be concerned about the direction in which the show is moving. I liked Eli working for a big high powered firm but willing to go out on a limb to help the helpless. However, in this episode the firm is ready to fire him and they tow his car away to discourage him?? Really?? I also didn't like the premise of this episode - a husband and wife get their young child to lie about being an abused child in order to get his mother discharged from the military. What a horrible thing to do to a child! If Eli's visions are really supposed to be sent by God to help people, I seriously doubt that God wanted Eli to misrepresent the truth in a court of law, violate his ethics and represent a morally corrupt woman. I was also disappointed in the ending. Eli's brother falsifies his medical records (again another morally questionable action). As a result Eli assures Jordan that he's o.k. and that he loves Jordan's daughter. He then goes home and breaks up with Taylor. Seriously?? I'm not ready to give up on this show yet but I'm really hoping with episode was just a fluke.