Eli Stone Forums

ABC (ended 2009)

flight path

miss_wierd

[1]Jul 12, 2009
    • level: 13
    This episode was so good!!!! Why does this have to be the series finale? This sucks! Why do people keep calling Grace Eli's soul mate? I thought Eli and Maggie are suppose to be together? So wouldn't she be his soul mate? If Eli and Grace are soulmates why aren't they together? Just stupid. Come back Eli!!! Come back!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kimgrl1216

[2]Jul 13, 2009
    • level: 6

I thought Flight Path was just fantastic a great ending if the series doesn't return but I REALLY want to see this series return. Like I have said before we have to keep writing to ABC to ask them to reconsider the cancellation and possibly other networks to see if they'll pick it up, keep watching the episode online on the web site and YouTube wherever you can find them, keep signing petitions, create TWITTER pages and web videos anything. It is because of the fans that we got a season 2 in the first place. Now we want more than the finale gave us. We to see if Maggie and Eli get together, if Matt and Taylor get married, we want to see Taylor have her baby girl, and what will happen to Nate, will he ever get back together with Beth. Eli Stone must be saved.

The answer to the question above me Jeremy Stone Eli's father long ago saw Eli and Grace together in a Vision and saw them as soulmates. Chen has said that the future keeps changing and Jeremy/God said that God gave people free will when Eli said that he loves Maggie after all. Maggie is his soulmate

Edited on 07/13/2009 5:37am

skippercollecto

[3]Jul 13, 2009
    • level: 15

I have some comments and questions about the episode "Flight Path." Jordan made a comment in the meeting room that caught my attention, but I'm not exactly sure what he said. He and Eli had been talking about Eli's visions, and Jordan mentioned something about people believing that Earth was made in six days and that a carpenter's son could walk on water. And then, to my surprise, I thought Jordan said that he himself believed it.

Unless I misunderstood, that comment surprised me because normally Hollywood would never allow a fictional character to say that.

No matter what Jordan said--even if he had said that he DIDN'T believe it--it was a surprising comment to make. Why? Because if he did admit it, both Victor Garber and the shows' writers and producers would get flack from people who weren't fundamentalist Christians. If Jordan had said the opposite, he would have gotten complaints from evangelicals complaining that, "Oh, here's Hollywood again, making fun of us." It's a no-win situation.

Now for a different but related topic. The parents of the girl in the coma kept saying that if their daughter's heart was given to a woman who was an atheist, that the heart would end up burning in hell. Whoever wrote this dialogue doesn't know theology very well. In Christianity, it's your soul that is going to heaven, not your entire body! Your body returns to ashes! There may be some small sects that believe your entire body goes to heaven, but none of the mainline Christians I know believe that. Or is this some new concept of Christianity of which I am not aware? (I'm Catholic, by the way, and Catholics do not believe in your whole body ascending into heaven. That just happened with Jesus and Mary, no one else.)

Other than these two conversations, I enjoyed the episode.

elchavo117

[4]Jul 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    Great Show liked how they added faith in the begininng sucks it got cancelled

kimgrl1216

[5]Jul 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    I have a question when Maggie said that the paramedics/doctors saved him with the Endovascular coil does he remember it being done to him or does he just knows what the coil is because it was possibly used on him in the past?

tjaman

[6]Jul 18, 2009
    • level: 32
    I liked it as a concept but there was never really that much to it. Most vision-driven shows have to figure out ways for the show to be 42 minutes long, which means that most of the time the visions have to be unnecessarily confusing and of course no one ever believes the person. More detailed opinion in my podcast here. Enjoy!

OceansDeep1970

[7]Aug 1, 2009
    • level: 4
    Who says that your soulmate is also the one you love. I believe that my best friend is my soulmate, but being that we are both girls, she will never be the person I love romantically. So maybe Grace and Eli are soulmates, but were never meant to be romantically involved. Therefore that's why he can say he loves Maggie. Or maybe you can have more than one soulmate, who's to say. Love is a very funny thing and your heart (or should I say soul) wants what it wants.

danharr

[8]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 45
    Good ending to the show the religious debate was piled on rather thick but all that evened out nicely and gave us what we wanted in a finale and thankfully no Katie Holmes to send us off good job.

abrooks2

[9]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 1

It seems like everytime we get a show that's good and everyone likes it, you have to take it off and replace it with something stupid.

Eli Stone was a good show and I hate to see it go. Besides I am getting so tired of those reality shows-which is not actually reality, that I could just

regurgitate. I am so tired of hearing about the Bacholer and Bachlorette, John & Kate plus eight, and now I hear they are going to do one with Octomom.YUK!!

and all you hear from the news media is the latest star scandal which goes on and on until a new one appears.

I am thinking seriously of getting rid of my cable and just renting the movies & shows I want to see.

TV Sucks Big Time !!!!

ozlem73

[10]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 3
    I'm still waiting him to come back............