Eli Stone Forums

ABC (ended 2009)

Official Cancellation/Petition Thread

hal9000_basic

[1]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 8

ABC has canceled Pushing Daisies, executive producer Bryan Fuller confirms to me exclusively.
    According to our inside sources, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money also have been canceled. Reps for both shows have declined to comment.
    Is the pie-maker dead? Will we ever see him again? Read on for the exclusive inside dish straight from the top...
    Bryan Fuller tells me, "[ABC president] Steve McPherson called me, and said 'We gave it the best shot we could.' "
    According to Fuller, the facts are these: "It's very likely that Pushing Daisies will end after episode 13, which as you know, is a cliffhanger. But we are talking to DC Comics about doing comic books that will wrap up our storylines, and I already have a pitch for a movie ready to go.
    "To be honest, I'm really not feeling very boo-hoo about it. I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes, and there is a lot to be proud of. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so."
    As reported by E! News earlier today, the ratings for last night's "Oh Oh Oh It's Magic" episode were the series' worst ever numbers in the key 18-49 year old demographic.

Source:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b69940_sources_daisies_stone_dirty_sexy.html?sid=rss_kristin&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_kristin

Edited on 11/21/2008 12:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[2]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 12
    I just say this, how sad. I really liked eli stone, it had so much potential and not a single crappy episode, just not a big enough fan-base. I blame ABC, they really lacked the promotionals.

mdstudio

[3]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 5

Yup. It's true. I read it here:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/eli-stone-abc-cancels-jonny-lee-miller-tv-show/

A really unique show.

marbrothax

[4]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 4
    Sad, but i really enjoyed season 01 more, the music related visions are more fun than the season 02 visions. I didn't watch last episode and didn't have the urge to watch it like i had with all season 01 episodes, but i will miss the show anyway.

Bloodbath_87

[5]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 16
    I had a feeling that it was going off the rails this year.

rat5112

[6]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    I hate ABC, I mean I really, realy hate them. Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone gone and crap like the Bachelor and According to Jim are set to return in mid-season. Doesn't anyone recognize quality storytelling anymore.

kimgrl1216

[7]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 6
    This isn't fair I really loved Eli Stone. We have to at least try to petition to save it and they're still about eight episodes left it might pick up. We must not give up hope. We gotta have faith. We all need to fight harder. Please Eli Stone can't can't can't be cancelled.

MDB316

[8]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 13
    To be replaced by more reality TV that bares very little resemblance to entertainment. God, TV is in a sorry state nowadays

kimgrl1216

[9]Nov 21, 2008
    I heard on wikipedia that 'Series creator Marc Guggenheim made this statement on November 20, 2008, "All that's happened is that the network has declined to order additional episodes. The show is NOT cancelled. We're still filming the remainder of our order and the remainder will air. If the ratings improve over the eight episodes yet to air, the network might order a third season." We don't have to worry for now 'phew.'(Sigh of relief) They always said to get all the facts before coming to a conclusion. So come everbody write fan mail and keep watching. 'Phew'

Roneteus

[10]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 11
    Pushing Daisies Cancelled, Eli Stone + Dirty Sexy Money At Risk

20 November 2008 11:00 PM, PST

Popular U.S. show Pushing Daisies has been cancelled, according to the series' executive producer Bryan Fuller.

The news comes amid reports TV executives at America's ABC network have scrapped a host of hit shows including Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money after a slump in ratings.

And although it has not been confirmed whether law comedy Eli Stone, which recently featured a cameo from Katie Holmes, and Dirty Sexy Money have been pulled, Fuller admits his show will no longer run on the small screen.

Pushing Daisies, starring British actress Anna Friel, is about a pie-maker who has the power to bring the dead back to life. It premiered on the network in October 2007.

He tells E! Online, "(ABC president) Steve McPherson called me, and said 'We gave it the best shot we could'.

"It's very likely that Pushing Daisies will end after episode 13, which as you know, is a cliffhanger."

But Fuller, who also created the show, insists he isn't too upset about the move, because he has a lot of plans for the series away from the limits of TV.

He adds, "We are talking to DC Comics about doing comic books that will wrap up our storylines, and I already have a pitch for a movie ready to go.

"I'm really not feeling very boo-hoo about it. I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes, and there is a lot to be proud of. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so." Source: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0611099/

So all is not lost yet.. let's keep our fingers crossed.

p3epe

[11]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 7
    kimgrl1216 wrote:
    I heard on wikipedia that 'Series creator Marc Guggenheim made this statement on November 20, 2008, "All that's happened is that the network has declined to order additional episodes. The show is NOT cancelled. We're still filming the remainder of our order and the remainder will air. If the ratings improve over the eight episodes yet to air, the network might order a third season." We don't have to worry for now 'phew.'(Sigh of relief) They always said to get all the facts before coming to a conclusion. So come everbody write fan mail and keep watching. 'Phew'

That's a relief! There's so much I love about this show, I'd truly break my heart to see it gone

mackski

[12]Nov 21, 2008
    I'm pretty bummed that the show has gotten the axe. Oh well it happens every season. At least we got two shortened seasons out of ABC.

djhanley

[13]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 17
    aw i am so disapointed cause i really liked this show but i IMO i taught that the first season was alot better then the second but i taught that they would give it a chance . Shows like this need a bit of time to develop an audience rather than have great ratings straight of the bat. Abc is too impatient over ratings!! I just hope that the episodes that have yet to air are enjoyable for all the fans of this show!

jorgesaldana

[14]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 9

I can't believe this... I am so mad right now, but I think all is not lost. In the article I found in http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2008/11/abc-cancels-eli.html it says that they have to finish the 13-episode order, but what about the for other scripts ABC already ordered? I see something's not right here, and we can help bring Eli back! Write them (I did today) everyday to tell them to order the 22-episodes!! That's what Eli Stone deserves!

Gotta have faith!!

thatmonkey

[15]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 10

I never like Pushing Daisy's but since this thread is E Stone, I'll limit my feedback to that. Eli was the freshest show in some time and I have to say that George Michael formula was working. Hell, Eli should have had some "Fast Love".

This season has been a huge let down and quite honestly, I have yet to experience any of the excitement I did from last year.

Someone is to blame here, but this time I don't know if it's ABC.

AngelDeb

[16]Nov 22, 2008

I HOPE THIS WORKS THIS TIME??

How can they do this? I'm really going miss this and Dirty Sexy Money even though Dirty Sexy Money has been a bit of a let down this season. Eli Stone had a long way to go !!!

kimgrl1216

[17]Nov 22, 2008
    ABC PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't cancel Eli Stone we all love the show and no matter what we will do anything to save it. Am I right everyone. YEAH COME ON LET'S TRY TO SAVE ELI STONE. PETITIONING TO SAVE ELI WORKED THE LAST TIME SO LET'S DO IT. Let's start a petition right here. Let's tell our friend, family and neighbors to watch Eli Stone don't watch anything else. Let's not take this lying down. We can save Eli Stone I know we can.
    Edited on 11/22/2008 1:38pm
    Edited 4 total times.

miss_wierd

[18]Nov 22, 2008
    I just heard about it! This stinks!! I can't believe Eli Stone has been cancelled! I love this show!!!! I didn't like that Eli's brother was starting to get visions but glad that Eli started getting them again. Why has it been canceled?!!?!
    Edited on 11/23/2008 4:08pm

p3epe

[19]Nov 22, 2008
    Well this sucks. But I saw it coming, this is one of those shows too good to last more than two seasons.

Maybe something can be done? We lose nothing by trying.

[20]Nov 23, 2008
    • level: 12

Even though, Eli Stone was cancelled by ABC and I believe was the reason for it being cancelled. At least ABC gave it a second season, unlike other networks would have, cough FOX cough, it had its shot at a second season. I'm sad that its gone and thankful that ABC renewed it for the remainder of the episodes.