elimiDATE

(ended 2006)

ElimiDATE Fan Reviews (13)

5.9
  • Dating game show in which one person is set up with four people of the opposite sex. They eliminate one after every date/commercial break until the show ends up with a happy couple.

If any writers were looking for ideas for characters, they would be advised to watch this show. "Elimidate" was full of interesting, unusual and yes, often annoying characters who knew they had only a limited time to make an impression on their date and keep from getting elimnated. The show traveled all over the United States, finding young people who didn't mind competing on national TV (while getting a LOT of free drinks!). They featured body shots, girl on girl kissing, dancing (usually round three) some nudity and a lot of laughs. They also had several special shows in which the program set up older groups of people. They also set up celebrities like JJ Walker and Johnnie Whittaker. Sweeps months would feature competitions between the "pros" (contestants who had done the show before) and the "freshmen" (first time competitors). It was a show that never took itself very seriously and made the sale of hottubs go through the roof.
  • Elimidate is so scuzzy

All these women or guys vying for the attention of one person. And they use whatever means, and I do mean whatever, to get the guy/girl. It\\\'s a complete and utter scuz fest. Plus, its a cheaply produced show, so of course there\\\'s like always the obligatory hot tub scene (no doubt the same one which is by now teaming with bacteria). It\\\'s funny in a \\\"Wow, I\\\'m glad I\\\'m none of those people\\\" way.
  • Elimidate is the greatest dating game show ever

Elimidate is so awesome, i love to watch the girls get into cat fights over the stupidest thing, just to win over the guy, elimidate is quality TV if you want a good hardy laugh, i watch it whenever its on and i cant get enough of it. I suggest that everyone watch this show if you want to laugh at dumb girls!
  • To be honest, I would have preferred to spend my time elsewhere than finish watching this.

To be honest, I would have preferred to spend my time elsewhere than finish watching this. However, I kept thinking that there is great potential behind this and I was half right. There was potential to say the least but this potential was poorly exploited leaving a show that is half decent. Nonetheless, you really have to see elimiDATE to get what I'm talking about.

• Its the cheesiest.

Why do I want to watch three girls fighting over one guy? How stupid can you get? Sex sex and sex. That\\\\\\\'s all it is. I\\\\\\\'m sorry, but I don\\\\\\\'t thinks its cool to make out with a guy just because you are on TV. Do they get any money for winning the elimidate? What message are we sending to people? \\\\\\\"I can only get a date if I am on TV fighting with three women over a loser.\\\\\\\"
  • Four women and one man go through several typical dating situations and the man drops one woman each round till he ends up with a single date. Once in a while they reverse the idea with four men and one woman.

This is more a game show than a reality show. It's a contest with very structured rules. You must play by what I call the "dumb dating behavior" rules. Such as: don't actually talk about any serious topics; don't say what's on your mind about the state of the world; don't say what's important to you, don't reveal what your hopes & dreams for life are. Just flirt and joke around and talk about television or what you're having to drink or someone's appearance. Put on a lot of makeup constantly. If this is actual dating behavior, I wonder how anyone ever can get to know anyone else. All you would know by going on a date as is portrayed in this show is how catty your date can be when slightly drunk. Not much on which to base a relationship.
  • Yet another guilty pleasure show.

7.8
    I was so disappointed when the station that has this show took it off it's Saturday line up. It comes on at 3 am on weekdays.

This show is a fun one to watch. 1 person, hooks up with 4 other people and gets to date all 4 at once. As they get to know people, one, by one, is eliminated until there is just one left. The cattiness between the women are usually the funny episodes. There is always talk about if the breasts are real, or why a girl is dressed a certain way, or "why are you out dating instead of at home with your child". Just funny.

The thing I noticed is seems the guys use the show just to find someone they can have a one night stand with. It's like they try to find the skankiest girl who is willing to put out.

So this show is not for someone who is looking for true love. LOL
  • Good program but needs some improvements such as guest stars, new features, and surprises to make viewers more interested in watching it.

ElimiDATE is a nice show, giving guys and women who want to fall in love a chance to do what they want to do. They get the oppurtunity to choose from 4 people of their opposite sex of whom he/she will have a date with.

The show is pretty interesting but I think it should think of surprises like having a guest star or actress, new features, and other things that they think can make their viewers more interested to watch their program. As time goes, viewers tend to seek things which are new to them and can make them interested in it. Many shows don't last a long time because of redundancy which makes viewers bored and not get interested in watching the program.
  • Finding a date by process of elimination...

ElimiDate is a brilliant concept and is one of the more entertaining dating television shows for a number of reasons. The people on ElimiDate are (somehow) even more pathetic than the contestants on other dating shows. There\'s something about (generally idiotic) women competing over a guy who is usually not at all appealing to the rest of the world that makes me feel better about myself every time I think about it. Although it\'s rare, I\'m always even more entertained by pathetic men competing for a date with a moronic woman. And when the contestants are old... Well, that\'s just too sick and twisted not to be fascinating.
  • worst show ever so fake read review

0.3
    Hey elimidate..
    i was watching ur show tonite with the 3 guys going after 1 guy.. the one guy seemed kidna of gay... but maybe not.. but i dont see how the girl could choose those 2 guys over the guy in the brown shirt he was nice and didnt go for some stupid kissing compitition. Later on in the show she says are u guys ready for round three? there is no way someone woudl say that you guys give them a script worst show ever so fake and if it is not fake then wow.. weird people ciao tho
  • I LOVE elimidate. The shows that do not turn me on are 4 men, 1 woman. You have not had a woman who was up for the challenge yet. Actually most of them were ugly or too butch (controlling).

I like to watch this show daily and try to guess who will win. Usually I am right. It is obvious why you keep the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"bitches\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\", but I know they won\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t make it to the last round. What the hell is \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"white trash\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" and why do you allow the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"bitches\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" to use that term? One episode that really pissed me off was the Las Vegas show with the Black girl who overcame a sight disorder. The \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"bitch\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" asked her if she knew the guy was white. What The hell? Other than those few idiosyncrasies (or are they?). I like the show. It is entertaining,I watch it before I go to work. I never miss an episode. One word of advice for elimidate hopefuls--don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t swap spit with the guy in round two after you have called everyone a skank in round one. It is a competiton, go for it,leave the judgement for when you get voted off, and you will. LOL.
  • 4..3..2..1 Elimidate

This is a show about a guy and 4 girls or a girl and 4 guys who would go on a date and eliminate a person through each round ultimitly choosing one to go on a date with. This show is a favorite of mine because to begin with there isn't much to watch late and night and also because you never know what to expect. I mean sure the contestants always argue constantly but in this show they might shove, push, through drinks at eachother, or even freak out and elimnate themselves. Not only that but at points the unepected can happen and you might find the one who was choosing from the 4 others to run out on the date leaving the competitors to pick a new contestant. It is a fun and unpridictable show and is one of the only good things to watch late at night.