Ellen Forums

ABC (ended 1998)

Favorite Episode?

mattpitt1991

[1]Apr 7, 2006
    • level: 32
    To get fans of Ellen involved in this forum I am going to set up a few threads which anyone and everyone who visit can participate in.

My favorite episode is probably the Puppy Episodes. These are classic episodes and Ellen's coming out couldn't have been funnier.

Now, what's your favorite episode?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cooler31n

[2]Apr 24, 2006
    • level: 19
    dont know the title but its an episode where ellen gets examined for breast cancer and she meets a woman their and they play noughts and crosses

dramafreezone

[3]May 12, 2006
    • level: 16

I'd have to say my favorite episode is "The Trainer".  It's hard to choose, there were so many good ones during the first 2-3 years of the show.  I did enjoy "The Puppy Show" episodes also, although the shows following completely sucked.  It lost it's humor and dynamic.  Half the fun of the series was watching Ellen be the born loser when it came to relationships.  I still like watching the first seasons up to and including "The Puppy Show" but the last season I don't bother with, it's not funny at all.  Unfortunatly the channel (REALW) that airs the series now mostly only shows that last season, over and over and over and ov.....you get my drift.

mattpitt1991

[4]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 32
    cooler31n wrote:
    dont know the title but its an episode where ellen gets examined for breast cancer and she meets a woman their and they play noughts and crosses

That episode is "Two Mammograms and a Wedding" from Season Three.

TVAdam

[5]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 4

mattpitt1991 wrote:
    cooler31n wrote:
    That episode is "Two Mammograms and a Wedding" from Season Three.

That might be my favorite episode too. I also like "The Shower Scene." Which is the one where Ellen accidentally tapes an episode of Thirtysomething ("Which episode?") over Paige's sister giving birth.

Season three just had classic after classic. There's not one episode in season three that I don't like.

mautie

[6]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 8
    Gotta agree that both the Mammogram and Puppy episodes were classics but for me it is The Spa I remember most fondly. Ellen and Paige were caught in a kinda Lucy and Ethel situation with Ellen excelling in the slapstick nature of the episode. For me it was up there with great sit-com moments, almost ranking alongside Lucy squashing grapes or working in the chocolate factory. There shoulda been more Ellen eps like this.

PhoenixSage

[7]Aug 10, 2006
    • level: 3
    I liked the Puppy episodes too but I also like The Tape from season 1 as well.

treehillbabe_xo

[8]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 29
    Hmm...I liked all of them. Almost. But I think my fave is "The Pregnancy Test."  (I have not seen anything after mid season four yet).

confusedboy24

[9]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 17
    There's been alot of favorites so I can't name one but IMO the worst has to be "Ellen: A Hollywood Tribute" it was and still is so confusing to me. If it was on Ellen De herself they should have made it a special instead of an episode itself cause that just wasted like 2 full episodes which could have made the series end even more better.

LMH68

[10]Mar 31, 2007
    • level: 57

oh

Edited on 05/22/2009 11:38am

wegie_man

[11]May 6, 2007
    • level: 24
    I love the Pilot, what started it all. It is such a funny realistic plot line also.

prada212vogue

[12]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 7
    I don't know the episode title but my favourite episode was where Ellen dressed up as a chicken and got stuck on the roof.

die2knuloveme

[13]Jan 9, 2008
    My fav episode has to be The Puppy Episode, just b/c of the whole toaster oven thing. that cracks me up every single time i watch it.

eglawe

[14]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 2

Yes, yes my fav has to be the puppy episode. However, I think the Mammogram episode with Jeneane Garofalo was absolutely hysterical!

I also like the one when her mother makes a dating tape and she goes in and makes one herself. She is all dolled up with makeup and cleavage and she tries to make everything sound real sexy and none of it is!! Very funny.

die2knuloveme

[15]Feb 1, 2008
    eglawe wrote:

Yes, yes my fav has to be the puppy episode. However, I think the Mammogram episode with Jeneane Garofalo was absolutely hysterical!

I also like the one when her mother makes a dating tape and she goes in and makes one herself. She is all dolled up with makeup and cleavage and she tries to make everything sound real sexy and none of it is!! Very funny.

omg that episode was soooo funny!!!

robbroder

[16]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 3

There are so many great episodes to choose from, but my favorites are "The Puppy Episode" (all-time favorite, an instant classic), "Salad Days" (with Martha Stewart) and "Emma" (with Emma Thompson).

Rob

Kadodian

[17]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 23
    I love the one when the little cute girl sings all the states.

kelly2407

[18]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 1

oh sooooo many!! but theres a super funny bit in 'makin whoopie' where Ellen is off camera but does the biggest belch then states 'thats a sassy wine', can't tell you how many times ive watched that bit, and end up not being able to breath cos im laughing so hard. oh btw, does anybody know what series (and episode) the one where Ellen takes her Mum to a self defence class is on? im searching endlessly, and can't seem to find it, thanks x

Defensee

[19]May 1, 2011
    • level: 2

I havea ton of favorites...I love the one where Paige and Matt were getting married and Ellen was maid of honor (in pants LOL) and found out about Paige and Spence...and when Paige went to walk down the aisle, Ellen stood on the train of Paige's dress and Paige walked down the aisle draggin Ellen with her...Jeff Dunham was in this episode too.

Audrey's second appearance was funnier than heck too when Audrey's friend (a writer for Rolling Stone) was having a party and Ellen and Paige do everything to get invited without trying to let Audrey know. I love the episode when they go to Audrey's birthday party and find out her parents are loaded with money.

Some of the episodes in the last season were funny, when they weren't totally about Ellen's coming out...although when she threw her housewarming party, that one was freakin hysterical. All in all, there wasn't a bad show in any of em...

and Lisa Darr's character, Laurie, was actually pretty funny and played off against Ellen very well.

eileenmeljay

[20]May 3, 2013
    • level: 1

Well I justrealizedI wrote about my Favorite Episode in a Different Spot...And Yes I'mdefinitely blaming it on my going to be 61 yrs old on the 14th of this month....My Favorite episode is when...Sophia and Rosie met the singer Nikki Minache (sp) Definitely (old Age) One, I'm in awwww that they knew/Know every word to Nikki's Song/song's...I love their interviews when they do them, they are just Adorable...I hope this is a permanent Thing having them on your show all the time....they bring such joy and Laughter to the Audience as well as you Ellen....I could only Pray to meet them on day and have a Tea Party too, how sweet! I watch your show every day( Well I cannot tell a Lie) days I'm not running around that is, I'm a Big Ellen Fan and I thank you for Laughter everyday, as we need Laughter so much more in this World .

Please let Sophie and Rosie know that I'm a big Fan of theirs....

Thanks Ellen (you can look me up on FB) under Eileen Lackey Rodriguez My Profile Pic, is also my Number one Favorite Actor from my 60 Days

Take Care