Ellen Forums

ABC (ended 1998)

What episode was it when

Hulkamaniac14

[1]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 17
    ellen reveals shes a lesbian? and wasn't it, because ellen degenres character was revealed to be a lesbian, was the reason why the show was cancelled, if not then can comeone tell me what it was? i just watched th first season and i'm hooked ,and sad, that the show went for about 4 and 1/4 of a seasons long.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TVAdam

[2]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 4

Episode #84. "The Puppy Episode" is the hour-long episode in which Ellen Morgan realizes that she's a lesbian and comes out of the closet.

As for the cancellation of the show, I believe Ellen herself thinks it has to do with that. But I don't. The show had really changed after she came out. She went from her apartment to a house, she left Buy the Book (which becomes a main focus in seasons 2-4). Also her friends appear less and less in the show. Ellen has a steady girlfriend, which I personally liked, but it was Ellen trying to find herself that was so funny to me. She had found herself and for a season we watched that. Ultimately, it came down to the ratings, I believe. Some people were turned off for the reasons I mentioned.

tansydog

[3]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 4
    Season 4 (which contains The Puppy Episode) is out on DVD on Tuesday 26th September - mine came in the post today

Well worth buying if you want to see that episode.

KathrinS

[4]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 8
    Yah, as has been said, that's the Puppy Episode.
    If you're interested in more of the background story of that episode and also about the cancellation of the show, there is a vhs tape around called The Real Ellen Story.