Elvira's Movie Macabre

Children Shouldn`t Play with Dead Things

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Unknown on

• A Bob Clark Masterpiece

Tragic that Bob Clark did not get the chance to finish the remake of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things he was working on.
  • A campy theatre troupe, led by a dictator with unusual pants, charters a boat to an island cemetery in Miami where they perform a mock ceremony to summon the Devil. The Devil doesn't show but the dead do!

I was fifteen when I saw this. It had a great and lasting effect on my life. I'm not joking. In 84 0r 85 when I saw this there were three channels where I lived and staying awake on Friday night to watch Movie Macabre was one of the few escapes I had. This movie in particular floored me. I remember we had a cross country meet the next morning and on the bus three or four of us had seen the movie. Over twenty years later I still remember exactly how and what I felt while watching Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Thngs. When I came to run my family's bar, Castaways, in Rockford, we started watching Zombie movies every Tuesday night. Dozens of people would show up to watch movies I had originally seen as a teenager on Movie Macabre. Thank you Elvira.