Elvira's Movie Macabre

(ended 1987)

vttbotsea

Elvira's Movie Macabre Fan Reviews (4)

7.6
  • I loved your show in the 80's and never missed it, Now you are on at midnight on Saturday in Milwaukee. I will either watch it or DVR it. You are better than ever. Great to see you back in action!

Greatest spoof show on Earth, with the sexiest vampire around. Not to mention, cutting edge humor, great satire, and one of a kind showmanship.

I've been a fan since the 80's and will be again!

Ken Heiden

Milwaukee, WI

Heartdefectssimplified.com

• Trend Setting Horror Hostess with the Mostess

There are only three horror movie hosts I've ever really liked: Joel Robinson, Mike Nelson and the girl with the big......talent, Elvira. She made the horror movie host segments new again with her larger than life figure and her snappy and hilarious wisecracks during commercial breaks (unfortunately, not to the movie; we'd not see that till Joel and the Bots). Sadly, my local FOX station picked up this series too late for myself to all her wonderful little jabs to the movies. Elvira obviously set the standard for everyone else and sometimes even broke it in her zeal to become the patron goddess of Halloween; because of her, all movie hostess spoofs were largely based on herself afterward. I don't know how many movies she ran, or as the case may be, scurried across her sofa, as she curled up or stretched out in her hostess segments, but she did find a way to make herself the star of her own so-bad-its-good horror marathons. Cheers to Elvira for the show, and the wonderful mammaries, I mean, memories.
  • I can't believe I actually enjoyed enjoyed this!

I can't believe I actually enjoyed enjoyed this! It's like one of life's guilty pleasures. You know you're not supposed to enjoy it that much but you can't help enjoying it. I can't believe I'm typing this but long live Elvira's Movie Macabre. You have one more (secret) supporter here!
  • Finally a show that has a likable main female character.

Finally a show that has a likable main female character. Elvira's Movie Macabre is smart, cunning, and a little trickster. You never know what she is going to do next. Unlike The characters she does not get everything she wants and then whines about. Unlike the Vampire she isn’t blessed with special powers and does nothing but complain about them. SHOW powers are her brains and wit. She works for what she wants. Though I think wanting he is wrong because even though he is cute he is also pretty dull. he would be a much better match for her.