Emergency! Forums

NBC (ended 1977)

I love emergency!

tanfromoz69

[1]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 2
    I just wanted to say that I love this show, after all this time it is still one of my favorite TV shows of all time. I was so happy to find it on DVD at last, I just hope they release all seasons eventually.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MultiMedea

[2]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 39
    tanfromoz69 wrote:
    I just wanted to say that I love this show, after all this time it is still one of my favorite TV shows of all time. I was so happy to find it on DVD at last, I just hope they release all seasons eventually.

I'm pretty sure they will. Universal seems definitely commited to releasing all their classic show library to DVD. Now, if they'd only add some worthwhile commentary and extras.

P.S. Emergency! is one of my absolute faves, too! I can never get enough of Roy's tolerant smiles, Johnny's goofy antics, Doc Brackett's gruff but feeling care, Dixie's sass, Doc Early's gentle advice...I could go on and on.

VMF-214

[3]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 55
    I agree with you about Emergency!. Still no news yet on season 3 coming out on DVD.

tanfromoz69

[4]Jun 18, 2006
    I know what you mean MultiMedea, about all the characters. I especially loved Johnny, and had quite a crush on him in my teens, and its amazing the memories that have been brought back once I got the DVDs. It was, and still is a fabulous show, and I am waiting with clenched fists for the next season to arrive on my doorstep!

THEJELLYBEAN66

[5]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 17
    tanfromoz69 wrote:
    I know what you mean MultiMedea, about all the characters. I especially loved Johnny, and had quite a crush on him in my teens, and its amazing the memories that have been brought back once I got the DVDs. It was, and still is a fabulous show, and I am waiting with clenched fists for the next season to arrive on my doorstep!

I loved Johnny too....ugh, what a guy. He was cute and dopey at the same time...When I watch Emergency! now, I still have that crush!

fire26bee

[6]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 9
    One of my fave shows growing up. I was beyond thrilled to hear that it was coming to DVD and eagerly bought the first two seasons. Much to my pleasure, the shows have held up quite well unlike some other '60s and '70s-era TV shows. Also hoping to hear about the third season soon!  

DenDen1962

[7]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 1
    Peace Pipe is a good episode i was glad to see it on Dvd  to see the scene where Johnny gets smacked in the face with the girdle i hurt myself laughing  has anyone else noticed all the bloopers on this show.

Smallvillefan19

[8]May 29, 2007
    • level: 3
    I never understood what my mom liked about this show & i still don't.i don't even like it but my mom does.I know what you people are gonna u young people don't know what good tv is anymore cause your 19 & u never grew up with it like your mom did.

Yoshi5387

[9]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 4
    My parents grew up with this show. I'm only 20 years old. I later saw this show on tv land and I really liked it. I wish season four would come out soon. I have the first three season boxsets.

DetectiveHutch

[10]Sep 20, 2007
    My parents grew up on this show as well, and Im only 15! I fell in love with it about a year ago and all these adults are totally shocked when they hear its one of my favorites. Im not into Grey's Anatomy and One Tree Hill, but Stasrky and hutch and Emergency! hahaha. I think I get brownie points for that!

KJH278

[11]Feb 22, 2008
    I love Emergency! I have the 1st 4 Seasons on DVD

Courtney1335

[12]Mar 16, 2008
    My mom really loves this show and when I was younger she made me watch it with her. I really like it too.

THEJELLYBEAN66

[13]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 17
    DetectiveHutch wrote:
    My parents grew up on this show as well, and Im only 15! I fell in love with it about a year ago and all these adults are totally shocked when they hear its one of my favorites. Im not into Grey's Anatomy and One Tree Hill, but Stasrky and hutch and Emergency! hahaha. I think I get brownie points for that!

You know, it's not really an age thing with watching these "classic" shows. It's totally an acquired taste such as Britcoms. You either get it or you don't. Today's shows are nice but shows I grew up with (in the 70's & 80's) were just as good. You really need to be open minded when you watch the shows. Back in the day, I loved watching shows from the 50's & 60's...Car 54, Where are you? was one of my favorites! The Patty Duke Show, The Donna Reed Show, Leave it to Beaver...excellent "family" shows...corny but good shows nonetheless.

rondasexton

[14]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 11
    I really love Emergency. When I was a kid, I had a huge crush on Randolph Mantooth. I have seasons 2-5 on DVD. Just have to get my hands on season 1 now.

I find myself watching closely to find examples of "stock footage" when the squad is enroute to call.

Sami5118

[15]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 15
    Ha! Me too. I love this show... even though I'm 16, and this show was on like a long time ago, I still think that Gage and Stoker are adorable!

archangelwho

[16]Jan 6, 2014
    • level: 18

My 4 years old twins boys and our 6 years daughter have became fans the last two weeks which allows my wife and me to revisit one of our top showa from our childhood.