Emergency! Forums

NBC (ended 1977)

Real-life Emergency in front of my house!

MultiMedea

[1]Apr 3, 2006
    • level: 39
    Wow! Engine Co. 11 just put out a car fire in the driveway of the folks that live across the street from me. First off, thank the Lord that no one was injured or the gas tank didn't blow. Second, I'm sure the guy across the street would much rather have his car still intact, but, it was exciting/scary to watch. This is the first time I ever called 911, and at 1 in the morning. The fire guys acted just like Engine 51. No squad, tho. Again, thankfully no one was hurt.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

VMF-214

[2]Apr 4, 2006
    • level: 55
    MultiMedea wrote:
    Wow! Engine Co. 11 just put out a car fire in the driveway of the folks that live across the street from me. First off, thank the Lord that no one was injured or the gas tank didn't blow. Second, I'm sure the guy across the street would much rather have his car still intact, but, it was exciting/scary to watch. This is the first time I ever called 911, and at 1 in the morning. The fire guys acted just like Engine 51. No squad, tho. Again, thankfully no one was hurt.

Sounds exciting to see a Engine Co. roll up. That it scary at 1 in the morning Good job calling 911 to help the folks out across the street from you. Glad no one was hurt. 2 block from were we live is Station 11.

VMF-214

[3]Jul 10, 2007
    Last week our unit battled a apartment house fire. The place went up fast due to cheat construction, No was hurt.

Firefighters say last week's fire at the Biltmore Apartments on Spokane's South Hill points out a major flaw in construction of newer complexes. Investigators said the fire spread quickly, partly because of newer, cheaper construction. Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer told KREM 2 News many newer buildings are built off-site in a quicker fashion with materials that save money and time, such as the Biltmores. Fire officials are pushing for a new law on the local and national level that require sprinkler systems in multi-story buildings.

Photos provide by KREM 2 News.

proudmom147

[4]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 7
    Awesome pictures Jason! You forget how powerful fires are until you see pictures like this. My grandfather was a fireman and told lots of stories. He was a volunteer for his town. When he passed away a few years ago, his name was put on a firefighters wall in Iowa. It was an awesome ceremony to attend. Very honorable and tearful. Bless you Grandpa for all the lives you saved!

VMF-214

[5]Jul 17, 2007
    proudmom147 wrote:
    Awesome pictures Jason! You forget how powerful fires are until you see pictures like this. My grandfather was a fireman and told lots of stories. He was a volunteer for his town. When he passed away a few years ago, his name was put on a firefighters wall in Iowa. It was an awesome ceremony to attend. Very honorable and tearful. Bless you Grandpa for all the lives you saved!

Hi proudmom147. Thanks and Yes fires our very powerful. Your grandfather was very brave man for doing the job he did. Congrats to your grandfather that is a awesome tribute to him.

Yoshi5387

[6]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 4
    I live nearby a fire station that in some ways will remind you of station 51. The fire station has one Engine and one rescue squad. It use to be volunteer but it is now full time. Along time ago when I was really little I use to see alot of those rescue trucks like squad 51 that would respond to medical Emergency's. I havn't seen very many in the last five years. I gues now many fire districts use Engines to respond to both Fire and Medical Emergency's.

Sami5118

[7]Jun 3, 2010
    • level: 15
    Sweet pics!