Emergency! Forums

NBC (ended 1977)

Season 4 Release Date is Official...

xmulderx2k3

[1]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 8

January 29th according to tvshowsondvd.com

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

proudmom147

[2]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 7

Yippeee! Can't wait! I am hoping that we will be able to get the whole set eventually.

lecagr

[3]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    Yep that's good news about season 4. With this announcement, there is a slight glimmer of hope now that they will eventually issue all six seasons. The problem is they are too slow with releasing the seasons. One season per year is way too slow, two seasons each year would be much better. At this rate, we'll have to wait six years (2005 to 2010) for all the seasons to be released and that's just too long of a wait.

proudmom147

[4]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 7

I 100% agree!

lecagr

[5]Feb 19, 2008
    I received the season four DVD, unfortunately Universal did not do a very good job transfering these episodes. They used the slightly damaged syndicated prints, but it's not a big problem because the episodes are uncut. What's bad is the poor sound quality on a number of episodes. Starting with season three, I've noticed a reduction in quality of the Emergency! DVD episodes. In season three, seven of the twenty-two episodes are from syndicated prints. Now with season four, all the episodes except the last one are from syndicated prints. Perhaps sales for the Emergency! DVD's have been a tad slow, so Universal has switched to low-budget mode when issuing the seasons. I imagine that they have the original source material for all the episodes, but they don't want to have the expense of re-mastering them so they took the cheaper route.

Finnegan77

[6]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 27
    lecagr wrote:
    I received the season four DVD, unfortunately Universal did not do a very good job transfering these episodes. They used the slightly damaged syndicated prints, but it's not a big problem because the episodes are uncut. What's bad is the poor sound quality on a number of episodes. Starting with season three, I've noticed a reduction in quality of the Emergency! DVD episodes. In season three, seven of the twenty-two episodes are from syndicated prints. Now with season four, all the episodes except the last one are from syndicated prints. Perhaps sales for the Emergency! DVD's have been a tad slow, so Universal has switched to low-budget mode when issuing the seasons. I imagine that they have the original source material for all the episodes, but they don't want to have the expense of re-mastering them so they took the cheaper route.

I have to agree. Just the difference in sound quality is terribly annoying, and you can actually see the film problems now and then from over-use. Yes, I want to see all the episodes of Emergency! on disk, but I'd like them to be of a higher quality than this last set. I have to turn up my audio to 40 to even hear the dialogue sometimes.

lecagr

[7]Mar 3, 2008

Finnegan77 wrote:
    I have to agree. Just the difference in sound quality is terribly annoying, and you can actually see the film problems now and then from over-use. Yes, I want to see all the episodes of Emergency! on disk, but I'd like them to be of a higher quality than this last set. I have to turn up my audio to 40 to even hear the dialogue sometimes.

For the episodes with poor sound, there is the option of turning the captions on so at least you can read what they're saying. But they should have made sure the episodes all have a proper sound level in the first place. I checked all the episodes, and it seems the ones with bad sound problems are mostly on the first two discs. GOSSIP and QUICKER THAN THE EYE have noticeably bad sound. Discs 3, 4, and 5 seem to be better in the sound department. I do hope Universal issues the remaining seasons and does a better job transfering the episodes. Emergency! is great, I also have the entire series recorded from the TV Land airings. So I'm able to watch the season five and six episodes while waiting for Universal to issue their DVD.

Edited on 03/05/2008 8:20am