Emergency! Forums

NBC (ended 1977)

Station 51 Location in Los Angeles County

dleven04

[1]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 1

All of us "Emergency!" fans are aware that the building of the fire station (Station 51)is shown many times. Does this building exist today? What street was it on for the show? I know there is a Station 51 of the Los Angeles County Fire Department today, however, I am interested in the building and its address used on the show.

Please respond to my e-mail as I check that 4 or 5 times per day. ******E-Mail: dleven04@deliveryman.com

Thank you very much!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MultiMedea

[2]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 39
    Fire Station 127 (in Carson, CA) definitely still exists. Here's a satellite pix of it:

Doug4422

[3]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 10
    ln all actuality, the station existed, but, until 1998, the Los Angeles County Fire Department had no real Station 51, that was until the county razed the station that sits within the Universal Studios lot, when that happened, a new building was built for the use of the County Fire Department, and the department felt, that due to the history of the station number, they would create Station 51, which sits on the Universal Studios lot, the original building that was Station 51 on the television, however, still exists. It is Station 127, located in Carson CA, and can't be missed, as there is a huge granite marker outside of the building, honoring Emergency creator Robert Cinader, who had passed away a few years ago, it is officially called Station 127, Robert A. Cinader Memorial Fire Station.