Emergency! Forums

NBC (ended 1977)

Will season five be issued?

lecagr

[1]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 3

Does anyone know the status of the season five DVD? I hope they issue it, but I'm concerned that Universal might not release it considering the lackluster job that was done with the season four set. It seems they are not putting a full effort into the making of the DVD's and may not be committed to releasing the whole series.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Purplesun

[2]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    I hope so too. It is such a good show!

Jedi_Dragon

[3]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    You said it. I'm really looking forward to seeing season five. A year-and-a-half ago I didn't even know this show existed and now I'm planning on becoming a firefighter/paramedic because of it. So this show has really changed my life and put a lot of things in perspective for me.

lecagr

[4]Oct 22, 2008
    Just saw the announcement today for season five, it will be available on January 20th. Hopefully the episodes will be done better this time as the fourth season quality left a lot to be desired. With season five coming out, it would seem Universal is committed to issuing the whole series. Going on this belief, season six should be announced in October 2009. But for now, looking forward to season five. Bring it on!

Jedi_Dragon

[5]Oct 22, 2008
    Yeah, I saw that, too. Altohugh I've already seen my favorite episode, 'The Great Crash Diet', via Youtube, there's still plenty of other eps. to look forward to. Hopefully some others where my two favorite characters (Mike and Cap) have good-sized roles. Btw, check out this link. http://www.webjam.com/emergency_fans It's my E! fansite. I'm FireFighter2U.

Purplesun

[6]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 8

I'm so excited to hear they are coming out with season 5! And, yes, I have seen the Great Crash Diet on YouTube too and loved it! I am looking forward to seeing it in better quality though!

MonicaKeller

[7]Jan 9, 2009
    I can't wait. I am buying it when it comes out!

lecagr

[8]Mar 3, 2009
    They again used syndicated masters for the season five DVD episodes, the episodes once again contain the opening credits from season six. But the audio level seems much improved over season four. The last episode on the season five DVD does have some video problems towards the end. Overall, season five is improved quality-wise over season four, the transfers are done a little better. Episodes are uncut like in the previous seasons. One thing I did notice, the start and end of the scenes don't fade in and out like they're supposed to, they begin and end abruptly. I assume this is due to the source material used for the episodes.