Emily Owens, M.D.

Emily and ... the Leap

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Feb 05, 2013 on The CW

7.9
  • Thanks God the cretins who killed this off

weren't around when Star Trek started out..

Universally panned by the critics (Star Trek), the morons in charge of this show (had they been there) would have with utter disregard binned one of the most valuable TV/movie franchises ever!

A multi-billion $ series simply thrown away.

This show has just started in the UK, so I had a quick look online to see if it had already been aired and on finding it had, I downloaded the first couple of eps and was immediately hooked.

Great comedy, drama and characters.

I decided to have a weekend "marathon", so was getting some of the other eps when I suddenly found the show had been canned.

Devastated, simply devastated!!

I don't understand how the complete simpletons who produced the show can sleep at night.

Don't get me wrong, it's certainly not the best show I've ever seen but it definitely deserved more than a half season to increase the momentum it was generating.

In episode review terms, I was hugely disappointed that Emily succumbed so easily to Will, given that he was just looking for rebound sex, IMHO.

However, I believe in an interview, the screenwriters intended to get Emily and Micah together toward the end (how ironic is that) of season 1.

We can only speculate.

Sadly, I'm going to give this episode the lowest score I've ever presented on here, not for the content but for the idiots who killed off what looked like being a very worthwhile show.

Rant over!
  • Grey's Anatomy Lite

If the show wasn't ending, I'd say they jumped the shark with this one. From the sex in the break room to the patient with her lesbian partner to the endless dialogue about who's sleeping with who to the perfectly diverse cast, this show has become a poor man's Grey's Anatomy.
  • Bittersweet

I'm glad that the show ended with Emily with Will. I don't think it would have been right for her to be with Micah. Since the beginning Emily's been pining for him and in one episode one of Will's patients tells him that he should be with Emily. Glad they ended up together. It's just a shame the CW didn't have faith in it to keep it on. We were hanging in regards to a few things like what will happen to Micah? Will he and Cassandra get together? And what will happen to his mother and how will she react when she learsn her daughter lied about being pregnant. And will Tyra move out of Emily's when she finds out about Emily and Will? And Dr. Bandari; it's hinted something happened between her and that doctor who just rejoined the hospital after being away. And how will this affect her marriage?
  • Emily and Will Forever!

Will ... will always be in Emilys' heart! I hate the network for cutting off Emily Owens still dying to see more of their romance! :(
  • Just right

I have to disagree with the reviewers so far. I loved that she ended up with Will. I would seriously have been dissapointed if it had turned out any other way at this moment in the show. If this show had more episodes, it could have been Micah. But for now with Emily's feelings as they were (still very much in love with Will). Seriously. Would you be able to turn him down? As someone else said... We will never know how the morning after was going to be, or if she in the rest of her life would have come to her senses and choose Micah. Those of you who hate this outcome... think of what could have been in the episodes that will never air.
  • Perfect

According to the creator of the show Emily was supposed to sleep with Will episode 13 and end up with Micah episode 22. Emily had to explore her feelings for Will and then like most of us realize that what she wanted for so long was not really what she wanted all along. I also wanted to see Emily end up with Micah and am upset that we will never see that progression. Besides I am dying to know what the morning after was like for Will & Emily...
  • Huge letdown

They ended the season/ series terribly. I loved the show and the finally was so disappointing.
  • OVER!!!!!

4.5
    I was upset that the series was cancelled. I loved it. But after last night's am glad it is OVER now. That was the most disappointing and wrong ending I have ever been witness to. It sucks and now I don't care that the series has been cancelled.
  • The end?

5.5
    I seriously can't believe they ended it like this. She should NOT have ended up sleeping with Will, not after she "took the leap" with Micah! It totally pisses me off that they just blew a perfectly good episode and trashed it.
  • Disappointing ending..

Not gonna lie, with the episode title being Emily and ... the Leap, and throughout the episode Micah and Emily had been talking about taking "the leap", i thought he was who she was going to end up with. It was going to be a bitter sweet ending because the show is cancelled, but at least we get closure, not the Will twist.

I understand wanting to be the way those dear to us see us, but come on, dude didn't have that kinda of feelings until she got "over him" and considered another guy which is such a cliche (if am being honest so was the ending i was hoping for, but at least mine had a feel good factor to it), am disappointed and annoyed with that.

Also, was this episode filmed after they got the news they were canceled? imagine other actors had already jumped must be the reason we didn't get closure on the other characters. Tyra and daddy fixed their relationship last episode, but what about Dr. Bendari and Dr. cute smile, or her marriage? The writers never really gave us a chance to know the B squad and at the end,they messed up the A squad. For the future, it would have been fun to watch Micah as he tries not to "overcorrect" on everything concerning Emily, Will reaction to a loved up Emily, Cassandra reaction to everything. Thank you casts+writers. It was fun, before the last scenes.
  • A rather disappointing ending to an enjoyable (short-lived) program.

Ahem, okay where do I begin... what were the writers thinking, having her end up with Will! Micah and Emily were meant to be together (they had such similar personalities) and the viewers were led to believe this as well throughout recent only conceivable reason I could think of for them having veered into the opposite direction is that they wanted to surprise the audience with an unexpected twist ending. It's a bad reason though and I am extremely disappointed because I really did enjoy this series - and why couldn't they resolve Dr. Bendari's storyline? Too little time I suppose? Could've been better! On a final note, I am sorry to see this show end and still have hope that it gets carried on through another network (one run by people who have something in their heads beside asphalt).