Emily Owens, M.D.

Pilot

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 16, 2012 on The CW

• Great Things Ahead?

I absolutely loved it! The character dynamics were great, and Emily is a very likable character. I think the fact that they are relating real life to high school is actually very accurate. The real world isn't this mature, mystic place where everyone gets along. It's a place where people stab each other in the back to get ahead and compete every day, which is exactly like high school.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about the voice-overs but they work with her character. Had it been anyone else, it would have just been annoying but I love them!

I also find myself with my own little crush on Dr. Micah Barnes. The addition of his mother's storyline added a new, unexpected layer to the show and I can't wait to see where it goes. All this talk of maintaining distance will be put to the test.

As for 'dragging social issues' into the show, I can't think of a show on television that doesn't involve social issues. Social Issues are what drive TV shows, and they are what make them relevant to the audience. You can't have a successful TV show with no grounding in reality. At the end of the day, all TV shows have some form of tie to the audience's real life, otherwise there would be no way for them to connect. We continue to watch shows because somewhere in that 60 minutes we find a connection to our own lives. For me, Emily Owens formed a huge connection that isn't likely to break anytime soon.

I really hope this show gets the chance to live up to its potential!!