Emily Owens, M.D.

The CW (ended 2013)

TV123456

Emily Owens, M.D. Fan Reviews (58)

• I was positively surprised

I didn't know what to think when I saw the preview of this show months ago but after watching the premiere i was really impressed. It was sort of a breath of fresh air and if this show doesn't follow the usual premise of all the other medical show it might just do very well. I like the lead character, there is something about her that makes her so like able and she is quite funny but not in an obvious kind of way. I think its a how i will recommend for people to watch.
  • What a pleasant surprise !

I have to admit I know nothing about this sitcom what-so-ever and really puzzled to see this as a pop-up to be watched in some China youtube type website, which mostly are some sitcoms from korea or japan or anything big....but this? I thought I went through the new sitcoms to be watched on tv.com ? that's why I went to watch it and WALA! It is good and unlike all those medical sitcom you can get (the other one I can be bother to watch is Nurse Jackie )---and this is quite fun and the casting seems suitable.

Recommend for people who are like me who will try to dip into watching all the avaliable comedies.

=)

• First episode...pretty good

I really enjoyed this and will definitely keep watching...
  • Promising!

Much better than I thot it would be!
  • Oh my god, I'm back in high school

If you want to revisit all of your old high school hang ups and, this is the show for you.
  • Not a bad start - but what about that shoulder bag

Does anyone know what that Canvas and leather shoulder bag she's carrying is?
  • I do like it!

I don't really know why, but I like the show. There is something that attracts my attention and I would like Emily Owens to get the full season and may be even not only one.
  • Love it!

I think it's awesome. Emily is really lovable and cute. And Micah is *_*. I'm glad Michael Rady is in this show. ^^
  • Quirky and Enjoyable!

I really enjoyed this show and I think it has great potential. I like the awkward Emily Owens that probably every outcast in high school used to (and might still) be. She's sweet, kind, definitely awkward and she's new to the hospital. I like the high school setting within a hospital; it's a nice perspective. Hopefully this show goes for a while, it's very enjoyable.
  • LOVE IT!

I really love this show, it's really funny and kind of a feel-good type of show! If the CW ends up cancelling the show it'll be a shame!
  • CANCELLED

The show is cancelled...... just saying
  • UNFAIR

This is UNFAIR. We worked really hard to get 2,000 signatures. Sad to say, I'm never watching any shows on the CW again. This is not the first time they've canceled a great show, And it probably won't be the last. They should have given it a second chance. Can't they see how many loyal fans there are!? I tweeted them and told them that I'm not watching anymore of their shows. Their biggest mistake was canceling Emily Owens. The fact that they didn't even care how many loyal fans the show has, makes me angry. 2,285 people don't sign a petition for nothing!
  • is this show cancelled?

I hear it was cancelled, but the CW is still promoting it and saying all new episodes are coming on Jan 1. Seems strange they'd cancel a show they promote as peoples choice for best new show.
  • emily owen ..

very nice show must continue please . is the show canceled hope not . love the show .
  • the untimely end!

I don't understand why this show is being refreshing, funny, awkward (in the best way) and emotional. I'm glad the CW is letting them air the remaining 6 episodes so that we have closure on the story but I don't get it!? Why pour so much advertising into a show ur canceling? Is it possible that our beloved Emily Owens could still be saved? I don't know, but what I do know is the show is 13 episodes or 13 seasons, I will continue to love it and own every episode. The only thing I can't make a decision on is whether Emily should be with Will or Micah. Hopefully they make at least that decision an easy one.
  • hey hey

so wait, they are ending the show? why???! Its so good! i love this show!
  • seriously...

This show was smart, light, funny, and so refreshing in a sense of lacking the overwhelming drama, nasty jokes, and completely unreal women sleeping always with their mascara on... Also, I've read this one review where someone said that Mamie is not pretty enough to be a star of the show, that her place should be rather as a secondary character... Seriously??? I'm 27 and nowhere near having kids, but looking at the younger generation, my brother and his friends included. Do we really want people watching completely artificial people? Is it really the looks that make a person good, or interesting? Or is it the looks that make an actor a good one? (Wonder what Jack Nicolson has to say about that.. ;-P) Mamie Gummer is sweet, natural, and has this sparkle that just draws you to her. She's as charming, and as talented as her mother, but it looks like she's very unlucky... It seems that everything that doesn't bleed sex, gore, idiots, or "reality" is doomed to fail these days. I just don't get it... how is it that things like.. "Bold & Beautiful" get thousands of episodes and everything that either has to run its course, or simply isn't for the masses gets axed. I don't feel like even considering watching anything new anymore. At least not until it's done, and finished, not wrapped up on last minute. I won't even mention the fact that the stations such as Fox, or ABC... I don't think they take into consideration how many people watch it on DVR or wait for DVDs to get the most out of the show, to have that pleasure of watching it when the time is right and all... Not to mention that time slots for so many good shows are obviously set to send the shows flying as young people just don't spend their Friday night on a couch with a bowl of popcorn, and, on the other hand, the older generation seems to be more and more tired so why should they wait till 10 . to watch a show if they just can dvr it and watch after dinner, to relax and unwind. Sorry... had to put it all on paper. Good luck to all of you smart people, who love shows that get cancelled after one or two seasons max.
  • Sign Peition to bring back Emily Owens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

resuscitateemilyowens .com

Hey anybody that loves this show and wants to see it come back there is a site an a petition sign and lets see if we can get it back! ask everyone and tell everyone!!!!!

• Somebody needs to bring this back!

Awww! I love this show. Whyyyyy!!! It's so funny and has life. I love the stories of the characters and then altogether. They have to bring this back.
  • PLEASE DON'T END THIS SHOW

SOOO sad this is ending already. It's even better than Carrie Diaries which CW seems to focus so much on.
  • Medical Dramedy At It's Best

It all started with being restlessly looking around for a good medical drama since the ending of House and the falling off of Grey's Anatomy. I've looked high and low - looking for something as fun as Scrubs, something as clever as ER, and with characters as relative as Grey's Anatomy. Then, on a whim, I decided to check out Emily Owens, .

The preview gave hints at a female lead with a fresh-face and an earnest smile. That usually would turn me off, but I was pleasantly surprised to be routing for the character as I would a Jane Austen heroine. Her supporting characters, too, made a good impression on me, because of the their close nucleus around her. The situations they are in are tested, true, and yet very familiar.

CW is making a premature error to take this show away, especially when the plot is making a heavy unfolding.
  • Save this show!

How in the world is this show getting the cut?! Best show out there cast just has such a great chemistry. PLEASE CW don't do this! :/
  • save this show!

best cast and great chemistry!
  • Perfect Storm/CW Promo for "The Leap" says Season not Series Finale

This episode was awesome! I loved how everyone took Emily being in charge of the ER seriously. Her interaction with patients makes this show one of the best but her getting over Will was the most satisfying. It's Micah's time now! Will you're too late, with your fine azz, picking crazy girl over Emily. I think the next show is the last and my heart is breaking. I thinki they were way too premature in cancelling this show.
  • Please give this show another try!

This show is well-written and the characters have great chemistry. Please re-think your decision to cancel the show.
  • NOOOOO!!!!

I miss it already = (
  • DON'T CANCEL

THIS SHOW HAS HAPPY, SAD, MEAN AND SWEET ALL MIXED UP. WHY CANCEL? GET RID OF SOME OF THE STUPID REALITY TV. THIS WAS GOOD ENTERTAINMENT. BRING IT BACK!
  • WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CANCEL ALL THE GOOD SHOWS??

The title says it all.
  • WHY???

IM SOO SAD
  • saddddd

grrre why did you have to cancel this show i love it :(
< 1 2