Emily's Reasons Why Not

Pilot

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 09, 2006 on ABC

6.8
  • After Emily is chated by her boyfriend,she start whit a rule:If she find out 5 reasons "Why not date whit a guy she didn't.In the first episode she start to go out whit Stan,from her work,but Emily thinks he's gay!ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

REALLY FUN!I think Heather would be better on Scrubs,but that's a really fun TV show.I watched the pilot yesterday,and I'll watch the others 6 (Sony Entertainment,from Latin America,will pass all the episodes).Heather it's great,and the 5 reasons why not are really fun.It's not a Sitcom,and it's a Comedy-Romance Tv show.I didn't like very much of her friends,they were too "fake".By the opposite,her ex-assistance was really fun.ABC shouldn't cancel Emily's reasons,but what can i do?????I hope that there is a DVD,i'll certanly buy.

Does anybody knows what's Brazilian Jiu-jitso??????That really exist???

So,my final concept is:It was a really great series,but they didn't gave it a chance.
  • absolutely unwatchable

2.7
    Incredible. This is a stunning example of how not to make tv. Heather Graham proves herself the untalented barbie we have always had an inkling off but never had 100% proof. The characters were atrocious. The lucy liu wannabe was the only thing close to anything funny on the show but it was so painful and obvious. Hard to believe ABC agreed to air the show at all. With the massive ad campaign that they waged on the LA streets and the bumpers in between ABC shows it is a shame they let this show take down Jake in Progress with it -- a show they never did any promotion for! If Heather Graham ever does another TV show I am gonna shoot my TV.
  • Dissapointing.

I read about this show about 4 months ago, and decided to track it, now that it has finaly aired it's first episode i have to say that i'm quite dissapointed.

It was kinda funny, but not very good, it was pretty boring really, which is never a good case, still i won't give up on it yet, even though i'm quite dissapointed, i still think it could be a good show, i will watch the next few episodes, and decide from there, but if this is any indication how the show will be, then i will stop watching it soon and i'm sure it won't get a second season.
  • When I classified this Bottom of the Barrel, I was being kind.

0.1
    TV.com is bogus to begin with so I owe Coolhand an apology. CH rated the show .3, two tenths of a point above my .1, but the overall show rating is still 9.3

When I first saw CH's summary, it was kind of neutral but also showed CH rating the show 9.3 and I flipped out and came here to lambaste CH. Then I saw the whole review and realized CH and I were in total agreement...THIS SHOW SUCKS...and that CH rated it .3, not 9.3.

I only made it a .1 so it was clear I did not enter the rating at all and left it on the default 0.
  • Emily (Heather Graham) breaks up with one dude and starts dating this virgin who is a mormon. The problem is she correlates him not trying to sleep with her that the mormon virgin is gay.

0.3
    Quite possibly the most annoying and repugnant television program I've ever seen. Heather Graham, who used to be hot in her Drugstore Cowboy, Swingers and Boogie Nights days, plays a neurotic book editor who is looking for the perfect man. Which pretty much summarizes the premise of Emily's Reasons Why Not. It is a show about women looking for some kind of male archetype that no self respecting man would ever adhere to. I am not exaggerating when I say that this show will make you utterly nauseous. I mean who is the television executive that greenlights this kind of programming? America I implore you, we are obviously getting dumber by the minute. Please boycott ABC and all their programs, for this kind of television travesty must stop.