Empty Nest

NBC (ended 1995)

gwactuary

Empty Nest Fan Reviews (3)

7.8
  • I like Empty Nest. I have been watching it since it first started in 1988. I like Barbara Weston played by Kristy McNichol because she is one of my favorite characters in the show.

Empty Nest was a spinoff of The Golden Girls. Created by Susan Harris (Soap, Benson, The Golden Girls) this series centered around Dr. Harry Weston.

For years the main characters have remained in the story. Others came and went sometimes for short periods and sometimes for many episodes. They helped to make the story more exciting.

Some of the main chracters were Emily, Harry, Charley, Carol, Barbara, Dr. Maxine Douglas, Sophia and Laverne.

Each episode is a story on its own but it forms part of the whole story.
  • Golden Girl spin-off that spun a lot of laughs.

Derived from the NBC hit The Golden Girls- Empty Nest is a situation comedy centered on the life of Dr. Harry Weston and his two daughters, Carol and Barbara.

The storyline is good as well as the cast. Surely many might feel Golden Girls was a much better comedy – but in actuality Golden Girls and Empty Nest are two totally different shows.

Empty Nest was unique in its own way. Be it a laugh from Harry’s quirky daughters or the bachelor neighbor Charlie, its difficult to watch this show and say you didn’t catch a laugh or two.
  • The Nurse stole the show, along with . . .

7.9
    the dog Dreyfuss. Other than Leverne, I really don't think this show was that memorable. There were a few laughs to be had also, from the neighbor that came over like a pre-Kramer mooch, boasting about his conquests and flirting with both the daughters at times. This show was merely filler after Golden Girls that ran before it on Saturdays. The Weston's dog,was more of a reason to stay tuned to the show (when nothing else was on) than most of the characters. The oldest daughter was a whiner, the youngest daughter off the wall and a bit of a mean streak- to see 2 grown women living at home with their elderly father and have him moderate their daily dreck, well I can't begin to describe how tedious that was.