An Enlisted Community
FOX (ended 2014)

Fans of the canceled Fox sitcom Enlisted might soon join the chorus of Community supporters screaming, "Yahoo!" Fresh off its recent rescue of the axed NBC series, the online giant that was once famous for email and instant messaging is in talks to resurrect the military comedy for a second season. 

According to Deadline, discussions are underway to bring the critically acclaimed series to Yahoo's online streaming service, Yahoo Screen. A possible deal is only in the preliminary stages, so don't take those fatigues to the dry cleaners just yet. But at least there's hope. 

Enlisted, which was created by Cougar Town's Kevin Biegel, developed a very passionate and vocal fan base when it premiered in January, but never grabbed an audience despite fawning reviews from many critics. Fox's scheduling of the series on Fridays certainly didn't help; initially slated for a fall 2013 launch, then postponed to midseason (and eventually bumped from the schedule altogether), the show would've benefited from airing on a more comedy-friendly night earlier in the week.

Yahoo appears taking over for Netflix as the new online media entity that tosses life preservers to shows thrown overboard by major networks. Thankfully, the company seems to be taking our requests

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/22/2014

Season 1 : Episode 13

42 Comments
Comments (42)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I've caught a couple episodes that Fox has chosen to air at toddler dinnertime on Sunday nights (way to go, Fox). Definitely deserves a fair shot.
Flag
Resurrect Trophy Wife!! Great show, gone too soon :(!
Flag
Get your money up front, production companies. I just don't see how Yahoo expects to make this a cash-positive business model, and they don't have a lot of loose funds to wait for this move to make money, they just killed their big new office plans and turned the land into a parking lot.
Flag
This would be awesome, Enlisted was a fun show that doesn't deserve to be killed by the FOX Ax. I'll have to look into Yahoo Screen..
Flag
"Fans of the canceled Fox sitcom Enlisted might soon join the chorus of Community supporters screaming, "Yahoo!""
Yeah... Cause Enlisted has just as many fans as Community... HMMMM

Watched the pilot and thought it was below average.
Flag
The rest was great and yep the show has many fans!
Flag
i didn't say it doesn't have a cult following, but i highly doubt that it has the amount of fans Community has. Community is one of the best comedies in the last 10 years

and sitcoms tend to get better as they grow, but it just felt like every other network comedy on TV. same old douche-y characters
Flag
I thought that too, after the first episode, but it really does break the mold in several different ways (though in some ways it does follow common tropes).

As far as its cancellation, it didn't help that Fox did its thing and aired episodes out of order.
Flag
Fox is a terrible network, they aired both Enlisted and Almost Human's episodes out of order and then pulled the plug on them when both shows couldn't solidify an audience. They are ridiculous

They did the same thing to Firefly.... They aired the Pilot LAST....And they wonder why it couldn't find an audience.
Flag
yes!
Flag
Please no. The show wasn't all that great. If ur gonna take from the wish list. Wait a year and bring back Happy Endings.
Flag
Yay!
Flag
please do
Flag
Just make it happen. Enlisted is the best new comedy of this season (with Brooklyn Nine Nine). Love this show.
Flag
Meh. I didn't dislike the show but I didn't really like it either. It wasn't unfunny but it wasn't that funny either. At best it had one or two really funny jokes per ep while rest were average at best and some just fell flat.

If it's renewed I'll probably watch it but if talks fall through and it's not picked up I'll not be sad either.
Flag
I agree, I didn't hate the show or anything but it didn't pull me in.

That being said, I can relate to loving a show that didn't earn much of a following and others had lukewarm feelings about.

So I wish the Enlisted fans (and cast) good luck and hope their dreams come true.
Flag
Awesome news, now they just need to bring Young Justice back and we're all set!
Flag
I'm hesitant to unabashedly love any corporation these days. Surely there are stories of Yahoo inside-trading and beating pregnant employees and polluting all of the Great Lakes, right?
Flag
That'd be so awesome if it was! I love this show!
Flag
there's a God: THANK YOU!!!
Flag
yahoo's new slogan right about now

Flag
YES! Please save it! This was one of the best sitcoms. The funny ones always die...

Revolution, Super Fun Night, Back in the Game, Go On & Suburgatory should have also been renewed...
Flag
Yahoo: REVOLUTION! Please...
Flag
Yahoo is probably an improvement over Fox Friday night lineup.
Flag
*cough cough Almost Human cough cough*
Flag
Almost Human got a much higher production cost! I don't think Yahoo got the buget to save that one!
Flag
Dude, say it loud - I'm so all for it!
Flag
I like the idea of this, but didn't most of the cast already get setup on new shows? Wonder who will be able to come back to the series??
Flag
So no one could've saved Happy Endings. Good Stuff.
Flag
Kinda wish they'd saved Raising Hope, but they went so far off the deep end while it was still airing to bother. Happy Endings on the other hand, just kept getting better and better despite ABC trying harder and harder to ruin it.
Flag
Wish there were around to save My Name is Earl!! :S
Flag
Did you see the hilarious cast reunion they did on Raising Hope?
Flag
Yep :D
Flag
This would be ginormously awesome!!!!! Please, make it happen, Yahoo!!!!
Flag
I'd love to find out this is true, but haven't two of the "brothers" moved on to a new show?
Flag
Staff
Their show was not picked up.
Flag
Sad Trombone sound
Flag
So I'm sad...and happy.
Flag
I liked it but I could live without it... but if they bring it back that's good too. I personally think Friends With Better Lives was the better new-but-cancelled show.
Flag
I could live with that...
Flag
One of the shows from this season that I enjoyed, but got cancelled. Hopefully this'll work out and I can see more of it!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Bachelorette
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm
    Mistresses Blurred Lines
    NEW
    ABC