Entourage Forums

HBO (ended 2011)

Aftermath of Medellin

Baycityrookie

[1]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 10

We saw Medellin totally bomb at Cannes. What do you think is next for Vince and the guys? Will Medellin make it to theatres and end up being a hit just because Vince is in it? or will they loose all the money they sunk into it? Will Vince rise back up to super stardom or will he fall into a Johnny Drama like drought? Let's hear everyones thoughts!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bule1101

[2]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 10

I still think the movie will be a Hit! We saw some of the material that they shot and it looked really good. Now we just have to wait for Harvey to make the cut better. I also think the movie will be a success money-wise...

It does not seem likely that Vince will become the new Drama, he is already established in LA and has had some very good movies so far. I dont see his carreer go anywhere except UP, and thats where it should go...

For me the next season makes sense only if all the characters evolve a bit... I would love to see Drama in a new movie or at least to be a regular on his show. Turtle should also do something in life.

I also think Eric will play a big role next season. I dont think we have seen the last of him taking on new clients, and although i did not like that so far I am interested to see who he might get.

I really cant wait for the next season. Any info on when it might be on??

Edited on 02/16/2008 5:40am

softprog

[3]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 1

I'm curious about the $1 buyout thing.

How does it work exactly ?

How the revenues of the film will be shared when it's released ?

It really confused me since there were no negotiations on that.

A)

Did they simply accept to lose all their invested money just to get the film released , hoping it would help Vince 's career ?

If that's the case I would find it hard to believe that Nick would accept that without trying to find another buyer.

OR

B)

The studio buys the movie and keeps the profit (after paying the producers the first 35 millions in revenues) ?

OR

C)

Each gets a certain % of the profit.

Edited on 02/23/2008 4:59am
    Edited 6 total times.

DancingOmelette

[4]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 3
    I think Harvey will make a hit out of the film, but Vince and E will make hardly any money from it due to the rough deal they have to make with Harvey to get it released at all. Vince will be out there looking for work as he'll be tight for money, but at least he'll have the success behind him. And Billy will hopefully be brought down to earth a bit by the revelation that his editing made the film suck.

nicmar19422

[5]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    I think it will bomb and now the guys are broke and Vince can't pick his roles and might be forced into somthing he doesen't want to do E will look at expanding his agency this is somthing that has been building for years Drama and Turtle will continue to have the same kind of adventures that they have had all along Ari and Loyde the same I think this year will be about the guys going their seperate ways and then comming back together.

alp1981

[6]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 18
    I think Medellin will bomb and Vince will no longer be in a position to have nearly as much creative power over what his next projects will be. Silo will be scrapped as will Walsh. I could see Vince doing mainstream romantic comedies with the likes of Drew Barrymore or lame direct to DVD sequels of moderately successful franchises until his stock rises again.

PsyCor

[7]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    softprog wrote:

I'm curious about the $1 buyout thing.

How does it work exactly ?

How the revenues of the film will be shared when it's released ?

It really confused me since there were no negotiations on that.

A)

Did they simply accept to lose all their invested money just to get the film released , hoping it would help Vince 's career ?

If that's the case I would find it hard to believe that Nick would accept that without trying to find another buyer.

OR

B)

The studio buys the movie and keeps the profit (after paying the producers the first 35 millions in revenues) ?

OR

C)

Each gets a certain % of the profit.

What I think is most likely is that he bought the rights to the movie for $1, but then paying them the 35 million back that was used to make it and then if the movie makes a profit the studio gets to keep it thinking he can turn it around. But then again, thats just my thoughts on it.

lovemj

[8]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 14
    My guess is they probably have some agreement about splitting the profit. My bet, they get a certain percentage of the profit and, by the time its all said and done, Harvey gets rich while they barely break even.

smontont

[9]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 4
    Yeah whilst I think the show is absolutely amazing, it is also ridiculously predictable.

Harvey's quote: "I think your friend was right, there is genius in this film"

not only that E also said from the start that he thought what they shot was amazing it just needed a re cut, and they have decided that E's character has some kind of intuitive knowledge of the film industry.

Bottom line now that Harvey owns the film it will get re cut and turn out to be the greatest film ever. It has to be the case because they have been talking about medellin for the last three seasons and raving about how good the script is. you will see.

gustav822

[10]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    I'm thinking that the movie will be nominated for an oscar after harvey gets done with the editing. Hasn't everyone been saying for the entire length of the series that Harvey's editing skills win oscars.

Psiphoon

[11]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    It would be awesome if they actually made the movie hahha

Souza98

[12]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 8

All bets are off!

First minute of season five

Masterfully done preview, looks great when the camera zooms in and you can see E's face in the reflection.

Edited on 08/26/2008 10:31pm