Entourage Forums

HBO (ended 2011)

Disappointed with season 8

bmoshier

[1]Aug 18, 2011
    • level: 46

Thus far I'm really disappointed with season 8 for two reasons. I really want to see Vince go out on top and well on top. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind and fully support his having issues and dealing with them. A life of easy street would not make for a great series. Yet when everything is said and done, I want Vince to be clearly what Ari saw in him at the start -- He's an "A" list actor and in fact say with an Oscar! Yeah, I'd like to see Vince with an Oscar for best actor at the end of the series.

Yet, I don't see how Vince can be anything but an actor who the studios can't really count on by the end of the series. This is my first disappointment. Even if he goes out with having a great movie, it doesn't mean he'll be any good or the movie will do any good. It certainly is a long ways from where Ari saw Vince at the start of the series --- being a Studio Movie Star.

My second disappointment is with the season being eight episodes (at least that is what it looks to be). Unless God comes down from Mt. Goodman and waves a magic wand, the series can't end with anything definite.

Yeah, there might be a film and in Hollywood might doesn't mean a lot. Even with commitments it might not occur.

Bottom line is this season really end Entourage on a sour note for me ... at least at this point.

The series from the start deserved to show Vince chasing an Oscar for best actor, money, women, having his crew, etc. Yes, showing his ups and downs, but his private eyes between him, E, and Ari should have been the Oscar.

Actually, over eight seasons they should have had Vince in the running and then losing a couple of times for various Oscars with him finally getting one. Doing it this late or even in the possible film would just stink of desperation.

Edited on 08/18/2011 1:37am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

loldude1

[2]Aug 27, 2011
    • level: 10
    It would be better to see him go out not on top or rock bottom but somewhere in the middle. Like maybe he can't get work so he takes some lame gig like host of "Dancing with the Stars" or "Access Hollywood".

alau53

[3]Aug 29, 2011
    • level: 4

ya, the only oscar vince will chase this season is oscar, jeff and susie's dog on curb..oops forgot..they killed off oscar this season

jrosace92

[4]Sep 5, 2011
    • level: 7
    I actually like this season. Plus this season is 800 times better than last years sorry excuse for a 7th season

cmtprkl

[5]Sep 7, 2011
    • level: 7

lets just take a moment and thank everyone involved doing this series and this last season of "f**k you fans!....

8 episodes of 20 mins?

who is in a hurry?

all guys in there got movie contracts so they wont have time for more episodes?

producers dont have money?

please give us more reality shows.. and nothing else..

no american series got any acting in it so we were good with just pure fun shows.. like this and las vegas..

anyway.. thanks again..

matt73uk

[6]Sep 11, 2011
    • level: 2

I disagree with your comments regarding Vince ending the series with an Oscar in his hand. That's not what he's about. Look around Hollywood...there are some mega-stars who have never won Oscars in their careers but that doesn't mean they've failed. An Oscar is a top award don't get me wrong but when you have the likes of Leo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, Robert Downey Jr, Mickey Rourke, Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman all having never won one yet are some of the best actors on the planet, it puts it in perspective. Would Vince Chase be happy being one of the aforementioned? Of course he would!

I think this series has been great. The only let down for me was series 1 which was very slow. After that it has been constantly brilliant. Also don't forget there's a movie going to be made following the series so maybe the glory is being saved for that?

kanniballl

[7]Sep 12, 2011
    • level: 18

cmtprkl wrote:

lets just take a moment and thank everyone involved doing this series and this last season of "f**k you fans!....

8 episodes of 20 mins?

who is in a hurry?

all guys in there got movie contracts so they wont have time for more episodes?

producers dont have money?

please give us more reality shows.. and nothing else..

no american series got any acting in it so we were good with just pure fun shows.. like this and las vegas..

anyway.. thanks again..

First off, America has plenty of decent shows with solid acting talent. It's just that we have a gazillion channels so there's also a lot of crud in there with hot actresses/actor that can't act, poor writing, etc.

But it's not uncommon that a final season is cut very short. My guess, someone high up decided that Entourage was cancelled: maybe HBO, maybe a show-runner, etc. And someone got convinced to do something short-and-cheap instead of just cancelling it last season.

So it might not have been so much as "we're going to make this season short, sucks to be you."

But more of a "OK fine we won't cancel this year, but next year we're only going to do something short to wrap stuff up."