Entourage Forums

HBO (ended 2011)

Half Hour Episodes Too Short

Half Hour episode too short?

LvEijnatten

[1]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 10

Does Anyone agree with me that the episodes are too short? they are only thirty minutes!

maybe it is that I love this show, but I am always disappointed when it ends after just 30 minutes

why don't they make longer episodes!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

VinceChase

[2]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 3
    Yeah, I'd have to say that would be my only complaint. HBO needs to realize two things. 1. Entourage is the best show they have right now with the most solid base of fans (or at least it seems that way to me) and 2. that John from Cincinnati sucks absolute ass and they need to cancel it and give Entourage that hour long slot that it deserves!

scottieGGGG

[3]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 16
    Actualy.. I think the 30 minutes is great.... I leaves the fans wanting more and it prevents it from burning out. Most of the single serving plots (drama's hat, turtle's shoes, Ari's kids..etc.etc.), I think only are worth 30 mintues. Any more time there and they'd be stretching them. And if you say "Just do more than one per episode".. well... I guess that just like two 30 minute shows.

cpoore1

[4]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 8

scottieGGGG wrote:
    Actualy.. I think the 30 minutes is great.... I leaves the fans wanting more and it prevents it from burning out. Most of the single serving plots (drama's hat, turtle's shoes, Ari's kids..etc.etc.), I think only are worth 30 mintues. Any more time there and they'd be stretching them. And if you say "Just do more than one per episode".. well... I guess that just like two 30 minute shows.
    i kind of agree. the stories that they have now ARE NOT worth an hour long epp. but if the show was an hour, they would be doing different stories. it seems like we (entourage fans) bicker back and forth about the shows' length every season. up until this point i have wanted them an hour long like alot of others, but i don't think that the same kind of humor that the entourage group has would work in an hour slot. i think the half hour episodes is the only way we could keep the enourage that we know and love. imo, an hour long entourage would require a different style of writing. does any of this make sense?

BTW, i love your allusion to FIGHT CLUB..."single serving". was that on purpose?

Edited on 07/17/2007 3:18pm

freddyflip

[5]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 12
    I'd say 30 minutes is just fine for this show. I think they'd need to put too much filler stuff in, if to make the episodes longer. This is in my opinion great. 30 minutes of entertaining and you look forward to the next episode.

scottieGGGG

[6]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 16
    cpoore1 wrote:

BTW, i love your allusion to FIGHT CLUB..."single serving". was that on purpose?

Of course!

lyghthouse

[7]Jul 19, 2007
    I'm torn... I do find myself wanting more, which is definitely a good thing... I think I would still want more even if the show were an hour long though.

gr1mace02

[8]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 4
    i wish it was an hour, but to switch to that format now would be too jarring for fans. it sucks, because i always want more entourage after i finish watching, but that's good i guess.

CharlieHarper

[9]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 2

30 mins is too short for the show, but an hour will be too long .. I think it has to be something in between ..

Because I agree that it's too short ( and just like other members, I always want to watch more of the show when an episode finishs) , but then I also agreed with the other members who said that it will be boring if it was stretched more than that .. So may be the best thing is aomething between 30-60 minutes ..

JoeLocc425

[10]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 5
    scottieGGGG wrote:

I agree and I am glad someone is saying this. I am a huge Entourage fan and Im telling you the 30 minutes is perfect! HBO should just keep on doing what is working. With that said however, I would still watch no matter how long the show is! GO Entourage!! The best show on t.v. period!

cpoore1

[11]Aug 4, 2007
    JoeLocc425 wrote:
    scottieGGGG wrote:

I agree and I am glad someone is saying this. I am a huge Entourage fan and Im telling you the 30 minutes is perfect! HBO should just keep on doing what is working. With that said however, I would still watch no matter how long the show is! GO Entourage!! The best show on t.v. period!

agreed.

blackberg911

[13]Aug 14, 2007
    A week is to long to wait especially since the storyline is continous. Hour long episode is like twice the laughter

JstarLuvsTina

[14]Aug 15, 2007
    • level: 1
    to be honest..if u guys were to time them they're not even 30 min anymore.. they're now 26min which is something my wife pointed out to me..

kinda sucks to be honest!

will_84

[15]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 6

Half an hour eps seem to work great cauz it leaves us all wanting more, thats exactly what HBO would want as it means u WILL be back next week to watch it again which (for them its all about the ratings isnt it). Why mess with a winning formula.

Going back thru the seasons, im pretty sure all the episodes never actually went upto 30mins, they averaged around 26-27 mins (correct me if im wrong) so i dont think they are making the episodes shorter.

VinceChase

[16]Aug 16, 2007
    Yeah, I have to agree. Half an hour does work better. HBO won't let them be exactly 30 minutes, by the way, they have to have time to put in their advertising between shows. All the half hour shows are around 26 minutes and all the hour long shows are around 52 minutes.

taterbug2007

[17]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 11
    it was too short i thought

Kuruption84

[18]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 4
    As short as 30 minutes may seem, 60 minutes may be too much.

MyNameIsYogourt

[19]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 5
    I like it this way

thedcho

[20]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 1
    i agree with those of you that say that the current length is good because of how the small storylines run in each episode. however i think a longer season would really help the show. a lot of people on this forum have been complaining about the continuity of the show and while i don't agree with most of their points, i think they could develop a lot more storylines if they were able to have a 20 ep season instead of the 12 that we were given in season 4 (there have been 20 straight weeks because season 3 part 2's 8 episodes preceeded season 4). anyone else agree a longer season would be good? sucks we'll be without new episodes in 2 weeks!