Entourage Forums

HBO (ended 2011)

News on the next season - Spoiler'ish

lovemj

[1]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 14

Finally, some news about our show! Found this at EOnline.com. I'm having major problems with TV.com's QUOTE tags, so I'm just going to cut and paste...:

Hollywood is back in business—in both fact and fiction.

The writers are back to work on HBO's Entourage, and we just ran into Doug Ellin at a Writers Guild event, where he spilled a thing or two on the forthcoming fifth season and beyond.

Keep reading for the scoop on what's ahead for Vinnie, Ari and the rest of your favorite Hollywood posse...

Episodes Made to Order: You may have noticed that while season three ran 20 episodes, season four was just 12. So, what's on tap for the boys' fifth go-round? Ellin says they currently intend to produce 12 half-hour eps. But in the event that HBO decides to order more at the last minute, Ellin is up for it, saying they don't cement storylines or story arcs ahead of time. They just go with the flow: "Each episode is written, we see [how it plays out] and then figure out what would naturally happen next." Consider Entourage the anti-Lost.

Strike That: Sure, the show often mimics what goes on in Hollywood, but the writers' tentative plan to satirize the strike has been scrapped. Ellin feels that most people are over the whole debacle and would prefer to deal with different material, so that's what they're doing. Sadly, the three-month work stoppage will still make its mark on year five, postponing its scheduled June premiere until September.

Dom and Gloom: Ellin says Dom (whom Vince had to oust from the crew after he stole that shockingly important Shrek doll) will likely return. Domenick Lombardozzi, the actor who plays Dom, is one of Doug Ellin's close friends, and Ellin wrote him in intending for Dom to be a permanent fixture of the entourage. Unfortunately, he didn't anticipate the audience's negative reaction to the character, which ultimately led to Lombardozzi's early exit. Ellin has a personal goal to bring Dom back, but this time he'll have a storyline we can empathize with. Giving him terminal cancer is one idea they're considering.

Did Vince Dump Debi Mazar? Publicist Shauna's sporadic appearances on the show are not a sign of Ari-esque troubles ahead. Mazar is considered a series regular, but she isn't in every episode simply because so much of what Shauna does is handled by Mr. Gold. Still, Ellin insists they love having her on whenever possible, and he shares that Mazar appears in three of the four [upcoming] episodes already shot.

Don't Stop Believin': It's no surprise that Vince and the boys will be romancing their fair share of females come September. What else is in store for the future? A trek out to Joshua Tree, where something a little, um, trippy goes down. Ellin says he has four more seasons of scandalous behavior in reserve, insisting that Entourage will probably run through year eight. How does he envision the show coming to its final end? "I see all four guys getting shot up in a diner." Genius.

SOURCE

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ARI11

[2]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 2
    Return not until September! That sucks.

JHarperFan

[3]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 6
    God no not Dom.

humanclone1stge

[4]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 7
    Damn of all the people to bring back they chose Dom? I'd rather see another arc with Saigon and his crew or something. Or another Seth Green cameo-arc. Just give Dom terminal cancer before the season even starts... I couldn't stand that douche bag. What grown ass man steals a Shrek doll?

Bule1101

[5]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 10

I agree, Dom was awful!! I was so happy when they decided to cut him...

PLEASE dont bring him back!

gr1mace02

[6]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 4
    glad they scrapped the plans for satirizing the writer's strike, although it would've been funny to see drama's reaction to the strike

an i wouldn't mind dom if his part only lasted an episode or two.. i thought he was a pretty decent foil for E and Ari

vzsgabe

[7]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 6
    Here's more news, Kristin just posted:

From Watch with Kristin: When next we meet the boys, some time has elapsed. Okay, a lot of time. Drama says they've already shot 54 episodes of Five Towns, and E has three whole management clients-not to mention his very own assistant! Also, you know how we were joking about NBC chief Ben Silverman guesting on 30 Rock? It looks like it might actually happen in the season premiere of Entourage!

Bule1101

[8]Mar 11, 2008
    vzsgabe wrote:
    Here's more news, Kristin just posted:

From Watch with Kristin: When next we meet the boys, some time has elapsed. Okay, a lot of time. Drama says they've already shot 54 episodes of Five Towns, and E has three whole management clients-not to mention his very own assistant! Also, you know how we were joking about NBC chief Ben Silverman guesting on 30 Rock? It looks like it might actually happen in the season premiere of Entourage!

I was afraid this might happen...
    I dont like the fact that they are gonna skip a big part, but since it would be hard to unwrap the mess they left it does not surprise me they went the easy way...

Lets hope for the best

gr1mace02

[9]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 4
    vzsgabe wrote:
    From Watch with Kristin: When next we meet the boys, some time has elapsed. Okay, a lot of time. Drama says they've already shot 54 episodes of Five Towns, and E has three whole management clients-not to mention his very own assistant!

wow.part of me is seriously disappointed, if for not other reason than i really wanted to see how they could recover from the mess that was billy walsh's medellin. however, it probably wouldve been a rough few years for vin and the boys, since vince's career would've taken a hit from the crapfest that was walsh's medellin sut. this wouldn't have gone well with the show's overall laid-back tone. and besides, i was kinda sick of medellin anyway

ffseifer

[10]Mar 12, 2008

Dom is go'ing to ruin the fifth season every line of text spend on that looser is a line that could be spend on beautiful girls. I think we should start a petition to leave that dork out of a perfect show.

I'm dutch and in my language Dom means stupid (so its an appropriate name for him)

Edited on 03/13/2008 4:52am
    Edited 2 total times.

alp1981

[11]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 18
    ugh, no more dom. dude is seriously unwatchable.

ozender

[12]Mar 27, 2008

OH HELLL NOOOOOO .. DOM back .. ??? oh pulleaaazzeeeee .. that was like the most stupid and not-necessary character i've ever seen in entourage .. i hope they're not gonna fukk up this great show ... i just cant see DOM as a regular ... or even as a guest for that matter ..

Nette1

[13]May 15, 2008
    • level: 1

Ok, I really like the show, will feel alittle behind in the story, with it being so far ahead in time from the last one. But I guess I will deal, just glad it is returning.

As far as Dom returning.......didn't really like the character either, but lets face it WE ALL HAVE FRIENDS LIKE DOM! And we don't kick them to the curb!

richiehero

[14]May 25, 2008

I agree no DOM

Let me be a part of the writers' team

hehehehhehe

They should bring Sloan, and Sloan's best friend.......

lignja8

[15]May 27, 2008

yea i am with u bro

more hot females

JohnnyDrama8

[16]May 28, 2008
    Wow everybody really hates Dom. I didn't think he was that bad it was kinda funny when he was waking everyone up with his activities. It explains a lot how the actor is Doug Ellin's friend I thought he was just on because he was on the Wire and HBO always cross- promotes there actors. The Dom/ Doug thing is kinda like the J.J. Abrams/ Greg Grunberg thing they are good friends as well and J.J. always puts him in his projects. I personally think Bow Wow is going to suck on Entourage.

Jemadari

[17]May 28, 2008
    • level: 12
    While I generally like the show and absolutely love Billy he could have more scenes for my taste I dont respect bow wow as an actor and he rarely writes his own songs I dont think I can watch the next season with him as an integral character

Bule1101

[18]May 28, 2008
    Jemadari wrote:
    While I generally like the show and absolutely love Billy he could have more scenes for my taste I dont respect bow wow as an actor and he rarely writes his own songs I dont think I can watch the next season with him as an integral character

Bow wow wont be an integral part of the show, he will just be there on and off a couple of times so that Eric can establish his caracter outside of the group. Im sure he wont be on for long...

xianggangdao

[19]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 1
    I signed up at TV.com just to let Doug Ellin know! Bringing back Dom would be such a gigantic mistake, it makes me shiver just the thought of watching Dom again. I have watched every episode 4-5 times except the once with Dom. What a horror of an actor ****

kingerique

[20]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 5
    Please dont let it be true that Dom is coming back. Dom had such a bad feedback that i thought he was gone for good, so it would suck if he was brought back just because he was a close friend of Doug Ellin. And i love The Wire, but just hated Dom in Entourage. And it would make it even worse if Doug Ellin gave the character terminal cancer just to get people to like his friend - i mean pleaseee!!!