TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Entourage Forums

HBO (ended 2011)

"The First Cut Is the Deepest" (Airdate: 06/24/07) Discussion Thread *

scottieGGGG

[1]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 16

Please use this thread for discussions of "The First Cut Is the Deepest", airing on June 24th, 2007

Short Description: With the gang arriving back in America, Drama plans a party for Vince at his new condo. Ari learns that his son might not be accepted to an exclusive private school. Billy's insecurities may prevent Vince and Eric from seeing the first cut of MedellĂ­n.

Thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

funky_dunkleman

[2]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 12
    Ari doesn't have a son.

yokozuna749

[3]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 3
    yeah what the hell he dosen't have a son

peekone

[4]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 45
    yes he does.

TheForgotten0ne

[5]Jun 22, 2007
    Yeah he does! If they say it he kinda has to have a son!

Bule1101

[6]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 10

There is a whole Thread about Aris Son!!!

Why did you have to bring it up again here...

wallyballz

[7]Jun 24, 2007

I know we're getting off the topic of the actual episode here, but yes Ari has a son & maybe more kids? If you go back to Season 2, I think the Bat Mitzvah episode,Arisees Terrence pulling up at his house & he says a curse word referring to Terrence. Ari then utters a classic line saying something like "only daddy talks that way." In that scene you see at least 3 children. Don't know where they have been the last couple season's though.

As for this episode itself, pretty good.2 episode in, its already better than Season 3.

**Saw this on HBO's forum last week,a somewhat amusing take on if entourage were a Video Game......

http://www.brickfish.com/Pages/PhotosAlbums/PhotoView.aspx?picid=55794_44346112&pid=42195&scid=96

Glenn11523

[8]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 18

I'm glad for the way they are fast-forwarding the story-line.

The idea that Ari is behind why his son can't go that school was a nice twist, but I'm sure we haven't heard the last of that. At least I hope not.

As for the party, Drama was hilarious in his bid to "party-proof" his apartment, and his relaxed attitude back at the hotel.

Am I the only one who would not have recognized Anthony Michael Hall if they hadn't named him?? God he looks so different.

I am interested to see how the entire thing goes once the movie is released.

One thing that was strange was how Sloan and E went from being all good to "taking a break" without much of an explanation at all. The last we saw was her being very understanding and supportive and no mention of a problem. Strange that.

And yes, one and for all, Ari has a son, he has always had a son, still does have a son.

sean2evo

[9]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 8
    Billy was hysterical in tonights episode, i love his character, especially this season, last week and tonight.

when he fled the garage on his bike right after telling the guy to get the projector ready to roll i couldnt stop laughing

Bule1101

[10]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 10

I have to say I did not like this one very much... After the first episode this one did not hit it for me.

I like that they skipped their Italy trip and that the movie is finished, but the part with Sloan and them disagreeing over the movie was somehow flat.

I am looking forward to the answers in the next episode

prateek07

[11]Jun 25, 2007
    i love the way billy walsh calls E suit..
    thats too funny and he says he's vinnys suit but doesnt dress like one..

clockworx23

[12]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 17

I thought the episode was pretty good. As usual Drama was hilarious with being overprotective of his new place with the icing on the cake being the electronic lock code for his bathroom door...LOL. Walsh avoiding the guys was comedy, especially when he darted out the back door of the strip club. I also agree that the whole E/Sloan "taking time apart" thing was weird timing and out of left field unless i missed something in a previous episode. Ari taking his daughter out in the middle of one of her clases was another one of those signature Ari moments. The last scene with E hating the film and Vince loving it should make for an interesting next episode as its now set up for them to bump heads about it. Cant wait until next week and so far so good with Season 4 IMO.

dynasty710

[13]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 6

I enjoyed this episode. I liked how they cut the BS with Sloan (Seriously, did anyone think they would survive E being out of the country for six months?)

I didn't realize Ari had a son either.

Totally loved this episode because they are setting up the plot lines for the next few weeks... Vinny and E will be at eachothers throats...

I think Billy is going to kill himself over this movie.

dynasty710

[14]Jun 25, 2007

I enjoyed this episode. I liked how they cut the BS with Sloan (Seriously, did anyone think they would survive E being out of the country for six months?)

I didn't realize Ari had a son either.

Totally loved this episode because they are setting up the plot lines for the next few weeks... Vinny and E will be at eachothers throats...

dynasty710

[15]Jun 25, 2007

I also enjoyed my post repeating itself...

Sorry everyone

glitchy12

[16]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 1

Anyone know the kind of sweater Lloyd (Ari's secretary)was wearing in the party?

sean2evo

[17]Jun 25, 2007
    dynasty710 wrote:

lol, nah that won't happen. You gotta love his little fits though. Like when they were watching the film and he was outside the room doing pushups and jumping around... haha he is such a gd portrayal of the eccentric director

Otterpay1

[18]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 7
    watching Anthony Michael Hall take a piss off of the hotel balcony made that episode. No question. I've been a Dead Zone fan for years and I almost wet myself when I realized it was him I had to rewind and see it again just to make sure

cpoore1

[19]Jun 25, 2007
    i thought the epp was alright. i am wondering who is right though, vince or eric.

FCBarca

[20]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 15
    Bule1101 wrote:

I have to say I did not like this one very much... After the first episode this one did not hit it for me.

I like that they skipped their Italy trip and that the movie is finished, but the part with Sloan and them disagreeing over the movie was somehow flat.

I am looking forward to the answers in the next episode

I'd hazzard a guess that we won't get much 'closure' on the Sloan topic despite agreeing with you...They've been gradually 'writing her off' for some time now.

I love Billy's character too but this episode was really weak for me as well...The Drama 'party proofing' was reaaaally lame...Dropping the Turtle love interest storyline seemed kinda inconsistent too...The Ari school thing seemed kewl only in that we saw something other than your standard Ari yelling matches at industry execs...And it is a bit 'funny' that the school had issue with Ari himself but as bizarre as some school's practices are in admissions etc. this would never happen...It just seemed like a stupid storyline.

And the 'disagreement' over the final cut of Medellin between Eric and Vince seems very hollow...However, it's obvious that perhaps this is going to be a storyline of E and Vince having odds with one another.

Disappointing to see one strong episode followed up with a weak one.