Entourage

Less Than 30

Aired Sunday 10:30 PM Apr 08, 2007 on HBO

• Review

I have mixed feelings about the episode, but I have faith the writers will pull it together. I was happy to see Ari try and get back together with Vince, but get pushed away several times. I would have liked to see Ari gain no further progress in this episode, making it feel like he really is out for good this time. But the end of the episode kind of took away from the shock of the final of part 1, with Ari being fired. Even though some time has passed on the show a bit, the viewers who watch the episodes back to back will realize that in only about 28 minutes of screen time Ari went from being fired to being back on Vinces somewhat good side if Meddion can be brought back into Vinces life. You could tell be the look on the face of Eric that Vince and Ari are going to be reunited once again. I dont agree with the writers decision to drop a huge bomb and then cover it back up in the opening episode, but I plan to see where the writing is going to go before I pass too much judgment on the episode as a whole.
  • Vince's birthday means Turtle plans a party, while Ari suffers from being fired in a very post breakup way.

Could Jeremy Piven be any more brilliant? The way Ari is written is fantastic, and the humor and vibrancy Piven gives him is simply outstanding. I love how they parallel his getting fired to being broken up with, totally hilarious.

Also, the every funny Turtle left to his own devices to plan Vince's party. His solution to the money problem was classic Turtle, and I have to say made for on great party.

One of the best things about this show is the characters. Vince is always such a good sport with his friends, such as holding up a bottle of Sky Vodka as he is blowing out his candles, with a smile on his face.

I also like that they wanted to throw him a party without help from his money, even though he was more than willing to help them out. Entourage is a great show, but the characters are what keep me watching.
  • Part 2 of Season 3, Lives up to expectations!!!

I loved this new episode it was definitely well worth the wait. The new story line with Amanda as Vince's new agent should really stir things up for a while. It's so great to see Ari in total chaos as always. Will he come through with the movie for Vince? That is a sure fire way to win him back. Hopefully, Ari will continue on in the many seasons to come.

Will we ever see anymore on Queens Blvd?

For right now, It's great seeing Vince put his trust in a lady!!! This second half of Season 3, is going to be very exciting.
  • Ari is trying re-court Vince after the "break up." Vince has a soft spot for a certain role.

I loved the reference to Ari as an ex trying to get Vince back. It made for some funny lines and as much of a plot this show can expect. Yes this show has superficial plots. So what? It is talking about Hollywood. Hollywood is the center of world-shallowness. Adding a hot and **** new agent adds to the humor of Ari trying to re-court Vince. My favorite is "Drama" and he did not disappoint with his billboard mishaps. Nothing compared to the Viking Quest episode or when their con buddy stole the stuffed animal, but very entertaining. The show is not intellectual, yet it is fun. I am worried! I really like Marky Mark's work in a number of movies and love his work on this show. Who would have thought he would have had a career after seeing his white-soft core-teen-rap act when he was breaking into showbiz? Entourage is kind of a young male show, but my girlfriend even enjoys it. Thanks to "Drama" anybody can enjoy this show!
  • Not much more you can ask for. Planning a party, agents planning a movie, and great one-liners along the way.

All around a great episode. Maybe not the episode you use to get someone hooked.. but certainly a statement of how this show works. Great dialogue, great locations, great music.

Vince is working out some issues with his next project. Ari is screaming out great one-liners... and continue his on-screen dynamic with Lloyd. Drama gives his brotherly "wisdom" on the situation. And the episode ends with Vince's birthday, looking like the party of the year.

On-site locations, including the Staples Center, are always fun. Gives the Hollywood life look-and-feel.

Plus, the storylines are engaging enough to tune in next week. As Drama talks up his show... will is bomb or succeed? Will this new agent work out for Vince? What's his next movie going to be? How's Ari going to handle losing his longtime client?
  • Great having entourage back!

Carla Gugino is a welcomed addition. Not only is she sexy as hell, I think her character has a lot of potential. The episode was like a lot of premiere episodes. Not a classic episode but basically an episode where alot of plot points are setup. Johnny Drama's show is about to start, will he have sucess? Carla Gugino the new agent, possible love interest for one of the characters? I'm saying this because attractive characters are usually not introduced into shows unless they are going to be hooking them up with someone. Its like a golden rule in TV. Ari vs Carla Gugino's character

Turtle rising up in the Vince ladder. Can't wait!
  • Everyone wants a slice of Vince, some more than others.

Drama's role in the episode is a little silly as always, with the whole thing about the billboard and how people should recognize him, it got old fast. Although he is always great for the analogies, for example when Ari wanted to have dinner with Vince to talk and share his present. I can see some character development in the way Vince seems to be taking more of a role in his own work, I think the new agent is going to be good for him. Both her and Vince have room to develop through the rest of the season, and it will be fun to watch the rivalry that will take place between her and Ari that will take place. Overall it was above average and well written, it's always nice to see Turtle finding a way to solve the money problems that he gets himself into with everything.
  • The mid-season premiere...

The show picks up, I would assume a few weeks after what happened in the mid-season finale last year, now Vince has a new agent played by the amazing Carla Gugino, and Ari is on the outside looking in. Now, while I love Carla Gugino, she probably isn't going to be sticking around for that long, and that's too bad because I really like her, plus I doubt they will give the episode time, to let her character develop into something that Ari has to go up against. The Drama storyline about the billboard seemed a little stupid, especially the third mention of it on the show. Jeremy Piven was really good in the episode. It'll be interesting where they go with the season on whether the go back with Ari, or stick with Carla Gugino's character (Something tells me, they go back to Ari...HBO may need to choose different scenes for their promo's).
  • To believe that this episode was worthy of a season premiere is a shame. It struct me as more of a mid-season episode merely written to stick to a quota.

To start a season off right, especially a season of Entourage, I expected to see an explosion. I expected to see the triumphant return of Ari Gold and Vincent Chase. I expected to at least be wooed into a false sense of security. If not teased by the prospect of an adventure filled season. Yet instead I was insulted by a pointless, adventureless, and emotionless premiere. One filled with the money, movie, and girl talk that is usually weaved into a fun episode but there were no peaks. It was a long valley that quite frankly felt forced. I wish that I could say that I didn't feel cheated, but I do. As an avid fan I waited for this day, like I wait for the return of heroes, and yet it was like a shot in the heart. I look forward to the laughs, to the cries, and hopefully to the return of the Chase/Gold reunion.

• Entourage is back baby!!!! Anyone here wanna hug it out?

OK man, 8 months we all waited and last night, it proved itself to be well worth waiting for! So here's the skinny, The guys have moved on to another super-fly & high agent known as Amanda (played by the beautiful Carly Gugino). It's Vinnie's birthday and Turtle is the party planner, but things go awry when budgets are broken dramatically. Ari is of course missing Vincent's company and is going the extra mile to talk to him and 'take his man back'. Dudes, Entourage is back and it's all going to be huge!!!
VH1CL