Entourage

HBO (ended 2011)

Entourage Fan Reviews (191)

• His fame is their fortune.

I’ve got to admit, I was never too much into the original programming that HBO has been know to produce. To this day, I haven’t watched one full episode of The Sopranos, Sex and the City, Curb Your Enthusiasm, or any of the other award winning shows that the network has produced. Nothing against those shows, but I’m the type who really has no desire to get into a TV show if I haven’t seen it from the very beginning (yes, I have heard of DVDs). However, after one night of surfing the tube, I stumbled upon one of HBO’s many channels and caught an episode of Entourage. For those not familiar with this show, it basically follows the life of up-and-coming actor Vincent Chase (who is supposedly the next big thing) and his close circle of friends, showcasing both the inner and outer workings of Hollywood. Although it is not the most original concept (many have said Entourage is the Arliss of the entertainment industry, including myself), I personally find the show very entertaining, with lots of great characters and storylines.

I just picked up the Season 1 DVD and watched it from front to back. The writing is very clever, the locations are authentic, and the cameos are fun and give the show a sense of industry clout. To date, Mark Walberg, Jessica Alba, Val Kilmer, Jimmy Kimmel, and numerous others have appeared on the show. Anyways, Season 2 is on its way and I’m looking forward to it. It starts off with the Entourage gang in New York gearing up for the filming of Vince’s next movie Queen’s Blvd. For those of you who have HBO, do yourself a favor and check it out.