Entourage

The Release

Aired Sunday 10:30 PM Jul 30, 2006 on HBO

• Storyline Advancement: With the exception of Turtle, the entire gang had important twists in their stories. The twist and turns the writers take you through were unexpected.

The word is out about Ari's new agency, Terrence and the rest of the heads of the major agencies in town, "declared war" on Ari and his team. But all is well that ends well i guess, Babs (Mandy Moore's agent from season 2) comes to the rescue and offers Ari financial backing for an agreed 49% in the "Miller-Gould" agency. I'm looking forward to seeing the on screen chemistry between the two of them.

Vince and Eric are also greeted by a repeat friend; Billy Walsh, the director of Queens Boulevard. It seems the studio that produced the movie have pushed back The Release of the movie, in order to release the movie with a 1200 screen open, opposed to 600. The problem is the movie now looks like it was colored with Crayola Markers. "Willy Wonka" version as Vince says. Billy Walsh wants Vince to sign an injucntion against the movie's new look, while in an interview with the Hollywood Press (I think?) clearly states his position, paralled to Walsh's, on the movie slated to open. Vince's attitude was overall very negative this entire episode, it wasn't the Vince I like seeing. (greatest Vince scene is his "Almost Famous" moment in "A Day In The Valley")

Last but not least, Drama got his pilot. The character I least expected to start earning more money than Vince, finally landed a great role in a pilot for a TV series directed by an "old friend" Eddie Burns. The road to this role was not easy though. The entire day was spent trying to stay in the zone like a "laser". A parking ticket and a blow up in the coffee shop tested his patience all day, just to come to find out that Eddie Burns wasn't in the office Drama was racing to. Drama's new role was landed solely on a phone call. I hope to see Drama start growing as a character and actor.

I liked the references to previous seasons in this episode. Drama made a reference to "the judge recomending anger management" obviously due to the 9-Iron in the windsheild of a surfers car in Malibu. He also tells Billy Walsh " lightly,[Billy], Life is short." which I think is a direct quote from Billy to Drama in season 2