The Scene

Aired Sunday 10:30 PM Aug 29, 2004 on HBO

• Homophobia can stand in the way between an actor and an awesome movie.

Forget what I said last episode, this one is even better. Like, way better. Like, U2 compared to Britney Spears better.

Ari managed to arrange someone to shoot Queens Boulevard with Vince, and the director turns out to be some psychopathic Charles Manson. Alright, I dig that. I can live with that. He's creepy as hell, but other then that, cool guy. Could've been the asian chick walking around his house that swayed me to the positive opinion side though.

Why do I think this is, like, the best episode yet? The final few minutes. Whatshisname the director tells Vince and E that he's not going to shoot the movie if Vincent refuses to do the male on male blowjob scene. Vincent caves in, puts the homo hating aside, and agrees to shoot the movie. Whatshisname tells him it's all a big joke, and lots of lying and joking ensues.

I hope this results in a brilliant movie, and I saluta Johnny for getting his part in the big flick.

25 minutes of HBO goodness.
  • Review

I actually didnt like this episode a whole lot as far as the devolopment of the plot goes, but the humor was able to save it away from a terrible rating. I didnt really like the character of Billy Walsh - a lot of the drama scenes with him seemed forced and not needed in the grand scheme of things. I dont know if Im going to like seeing him a lot in Season 2, depending on how much we see of him in the second season if the boys end up going to New York to do this movie. The entire scene with the guys watching the movie and the whole Vince is going to be in a bad scene thing just wasnt my kind of thingk. I dont like watching plot lines that turn out to be fake - so that would be my biggest jeer of the episode.