TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Eon Kid Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Eon Kid DVD has been released

borgfighter410

[1]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 7

Hey guys,

The Eon Kid DVD has officially been released. This DVD contains 4 episodes plus a bonus episode, basically ~110 minutes of pure Eon Kid. This DVD only documents the first 4 episodes of the Eon Kid series, but it contains the episode "Strength Is Not Everything" (this episode was combined with the episode titled "The Journey Begins"). Hope everyone will continue to support Eon Kid and hopefully it will come back this fall!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JusticeLeaguer

[2]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 61
    I bought the dvd and LOVE it. I suggest it to anyone. I do hope they add it again in the fall.

Matt_Purosky

[3]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 25

Sorry, guys, but neither 4Kids TV nor The CW4Kids is bringing back Eon Kid this fall, it seems. According to ToonZone, the fall schedules September 13 are:

The CW4Kids:

7:00 - Will & Dewitt (reruns?)
    7:30 - Magi-Nation (reruns?)
    8:00 - Skunk Fu! (new season?)
    8:30 - Viva Piñata ("new" season?)
    9:00 - The Spectacular Spider-Man (reruns?)
    9:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewers (new "series")
    10:00 - Dinosaur King (new season)
    10:30 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (new series)
    11:00 - Chaotic (reruns)
    11:30 - Chaotic (reruns)

4Kids TV:

8:00 - Di-Gata Defenders (new episodes)
    8:30 - Biker Mice from Mars (new episodes)
    9:00 - Sonic X (reruns)
    9:30 - Sonic X (reruns)
    10:00 - Chaotic: M'arranian (sp?) Invasion (new "series")
    10:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward (reruns)
    11:00 - Kirby: Right Back at Ya! (reruns)
    11:30 - Winx Club (reruns)

Sorry guys

Edited on 08/19/2008 6:34pm

borgfighter410

[4]Aug 21, 2008
    Oh dear...oh well, at least we know that Eon Kid is almost done with its first season. I guess we will have to wait for the full DVD collection then...

JusticeLeaguer

[5]Aug 21, 2008
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

Sorry, guys, but neither 4Kids TV nor The CW4Kids is bringing back Eon Kid this fall, it seems. According to ToonZone, the fall schedules September 13 are:

The CW4Kids:

4Kids TV:

Sorry guys

In my opinion, these schedules suck. I mean, I'm ok with Johnny Test and Skunk Fu being on Cartoon Network but they have an hour of Tom and Jerry Tales (cancelled), Chaotic (shown on Jetix) and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (that's fine). But there are other shows that could air... UGH I'm not happy at all. I don't think EK will even release any more dvd's.

borgfighter410

[6]Aug 22, 2008
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

The CW4Kids:

4Kids TV:

Sorry guys

In my opinion, these schedules suck. I mean, I'm ok with Johnny Test and Skunk Fu being on Cartoon Network but they have an hour of Tom and Jerry Tales (cancelled), Chaotic (shown on Jetix) and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (that's fine). But there are other shows that could air... UGH I'm not happy at all. I don't think EK will even release any more dvd's.

Hey, you never know. This isn't official yet, right? So it is subject to change. I do agree with you in the sense that some of these shows can be replaced, but 4Kids TV controls it, so we can't do anything about it...

Matt_Purosky

[7]Aug 24, 2008

Eh, I don't really dislike the schedules THAT much. Although, the 4Kids TV schedule is official, according to WVAH. I have yet to see more confirmation on the CW schedule, which I'm not entirely sure about. They announced a new show called GOGORiKi but I have yet to see it.

But yeah, it seemed for a moment that 4Kids was moving their "heavy hitters" to the CW... but... why is the new Chaotic season on 4Kids TV? And do we really need 2 Sonic X reruns and 2 reruns of the original Chaotic? On the other hand, I'm glad to see Skunk Fu and Viva Pinata are going to continue, and Magi-Nation (hopefully) as well. But it looks like the final 4 Eon Kid episodes won't air after all.

And I thought they had more new shows. I mean, the only new show I see on there is Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (unless you count TMNT:BttS which is basically TMNT Season 7, or Chaotic: MI, which is basically Chaotic Season 2). I mean, they're not even going to finish GX? It has one season left!

But it looks like the final episodes won't air... though I hear they did in Australia. Wish I knew a way to see them...

borgfighter410

[8]Aug 26, 2008

Honestly, I agree with you, Matt_Purosky. I don't think it is necessary to rerun Sonic X and the original Chaotic twice. Eon Kid would fit in perfectly if they are not going to rerun those shows twice.

In my opinion, since Magi-Nation is pretty much done, I think they should move it out of the line-up (since it will be rerunning again for a 3rd time, unless there is a new season), but don't get me wrong, I love Magi-Nation, I just think a 3rd rerun of the whole season is a little too much.

Eon Kid only has about 7 rerun episodes left and 3 (or 4) episodes for this season to complete. I don't think 10-11 weeks will hurt them. Since it left off at the point where Marty and the gang just escaped the Iron Tower is already suspenseful enough already. I do hope that the CW4Kids will air them. Let us know when the official fall schedule for the CW comes out!

Edited on 08/26/2008 9:12am
    Edited 2 total times.

Matt_Purosky

[9]Aug 26, 2008

Yeah, Sonic X is a finished series, and Chaotic is on Jetix too.

But anyway, The CW4Kids cannot drop Will & Dewitt or Magi-Nation right now because they need a full hour of E/I programming in the 7-8 AM hour. Another show called GOGORiKi was announced, which is an E/I show, and it was supposed to be on the fall schedule but apparently it's being delayed. It will either take out W&D or M-N. Although, I heard The Adrenaline Project is having another season in Canada, and there's still a whole "season" (25 episodes) of Magical DoReMi that hasn't aired on TV, so unless they bring one of those over, one of them is going to stay.

But yeah, just 3 or 4 Eon Kid episodes wouldn't hurt. I mean, they could just use it as filler for another show to premiere. Maybe it will be like Winx Club Season 3 was where they air the last three or four episodes on the fall schedule and then replace it with something else.

JusticeLeaguer

[10]Aug 26, 2008
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

Yeah, Sonic X is a finished series, and Chaotic is on Jetix too.

But anyway, The CW4Kids cannot drop Will & Dewitt or Magi-Nation right now because they need a full hour of E/I programming in the 7-8 AM hour. Another show called GOGORiKi was announced, which is an E/I show, and it was supposed to be on the fall schedule but apparently it's being delayed. It will either take out W&D or M-N. Although, I heard The Adrenaline Project is having another season in Canada, and there's still a whole "season" (25 episodes) of Magical DoReMi that hasn't aired on TV, so unless they bring one of those over, one of them is going to stay.

But yeah, just 3 or 4 Eon Kid episodes wouldn't hurt. I mean, they could just use it as filler for another show to premiere. Maybe it will be like Winx Club Season 3 was where they air the last three or four episodes on the fall schedule and then replace it with something else.

I agree. I think the GoGORiki thing will premiere in like November (not sure- haven't been watching the commercial). I do like how Di-Gata and Biker Mice are airing though, I think that's nice.

But what I want to know is if CW 4Kids has to have an hour of e/i programming, than why doesn't 4Kids TV?

Matt_Purosky

[11]Aug 26, 2008

Contract agreements, I guess. And on that subject, 4Kids TV actually does have to have some e/i programming, but just one half hour. Currently, Winx Club fills that slot, but if The Adrenaline Project Season 2 airs on 4Kids TV then that could be their e/i show instead. When the "Fox Box" was originally formed, 4Kids made a contract with FOX to have at least one half hour of e/i programming, because some affiliates might need it I guess (the FCC has a rule that all the local stations must air at least 3 hours of e/i programming per week). Previously, Stargate Infinity, Back to the Future: The Animated Series, Cubix, and Magical DoReMi filled that slot.

And well, that hour on the CW4Kids lineup has been that way since the Kids' WB! days back in September 2006. I guess it's because of legal reasonings or executive decisions involved when the extra hour was first put on the lineup... I'm not sure why CW4Kids needs one hour that has to be from 7-8 but 4Kids TV needs only a half hour at any time...

And yeah, I'm glad they're keeping Di-Gata and Biker Mice too. I think I can see GOGoRiKi premiering in November, but I haven't seen any CW previews (except the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and TMNT:BttS on the website) either.

borgfighter410

[12]Aug 26, 2008
    Ah i see. Well, whatever the situation is, I sincerely hope that they will finish the first season of Eon Kid. And I am looking forward to some of the newer shows just from reading the descriptions. I mean, Eon Kid has gotten really far into the season, so why waste it now? Manga Entertainment took a huge gamble working with both Daewon Media and BRB Internacional, and even released the first DVD with the first 5 episodes of this season. Does anyone know if there is a way to get in touch with the CW4Kids station? I would seriously write them if there was a more direct way of talking to them and trying to get this series finished.

JusticeLeaguer

[13]Aug 27, 2008
    I think they have a "contact" button on their website but I'm not sure if it's there anymore. It was there when Kids' WB! was still around.

Matt_Purosky

[14]Aug 30, 2008

I'll take a look and see if it's on 4Kids' site.

However, the new schedules have officially revealed themselves on Zap2it, and while the episode titles remain a mystery, the shows and statuses don't.

CW4Kids:

7:00 - Will & Dewitt (reruns)
    7:30 - Magi-Nation (reruns)
    8:00 - Skunk Fu! (reruns)
    8:30 - Viva Pinata ("new season")
    9:00 - The Spectacular Spider-Man (reruns)
    9:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer (new "series")

The 4Kids TV schedule was already a given, so I don't really need to talk about that. But yeah, looks like no Eon Kid V_V the final episodes may just be DVD exclusive... this could be a marketing ploy to get us to buy them...

JusticeLeaguer

[15]Aug 30, 2008
    Actually, I don't think Magi-Nation is returning. I just saw a commercial today on The CW4Kids and it talks about the September 13th premiere and it shows the logos for "Will & Dewitt", "Skunk Fu!", "Viva Pinata", "The Spectacular Spider-Man", "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer", "Dinosaur King", "Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's", "Chaotic" and "GoGORiki" but not Magi-Nation. I wonder if that means it's not returning.

I'll upload the commercial on YouTube soon.

borgfighter410

[16]Aug 30, 2008
    Yea, I saw it this morning as well. It doesn't look like Magi-Nation is returning. For some reason, I think Skunk Fu! is replacing Magi-Nation in that time slot, but I'm not sure. As for the Eon Kid thing, yea, I think they're is just trying to get us to buy their stuff, but hey, I don't mind having a collection of DVDs at my disposal, but we'll see what happens.

Matt_Purosky

[17]Sep 1, 2008
    That's odd, GoGoRiKi's not on Zap2it...

Matt_Purosky

[18]Sep 4, 2008

Okay, so here's what's going on according to 4Kids' site: apparently, I was sort of right about the CW4Kids lineup, but GoGORiKi will start September 27, and here is the schedule:

7:00 - Will & Dewitt
    7:30 - Skunk Fu!
    8:00 - Viva Piñata
    8:30 - GoGORiKi
    9:00 - The Spectacular Spider-Man
    9:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer
    10:00 - Dinosaur King
    10:30 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
    11:00 - Chaotic
    11:30 - Chaotic

So it is being delayed, and Magi-Nation is gone. Hmmm, surprising... it was always getting higher ratings than Will & Dewitt... and GoGORiKi isn't in the first hour? I thought that was the E/I hour...

Hmmm, interesting. However, I heard that in 2009, there will be a fourth season of Winx Club (I'm seriously not joking here) in Italy. If 4Kids picks that up, it might replace Will & Dewitt for an E/I program.

borgfighter410

[19]Sep 4, 2008
    Interesting. For some reason, I have doubts about Eon Kid returning and finishing off the last 3-4 episodes of season 1. I did hear that there will be a second season in Europe and in Korea. I just hope that season will make it to the U.S., at least in DVD format if CW4Kids or 4Kids will not air them..:/

JusticeLeaguer

[20]Sep 4, 2008

Yeah, Magi-Nation will stay on the schedule until the 27th, when Skunk Fu! will replace its timeslot and Viva replacing SF's timeslot. Also, make sure to tune in on Friday September 12th, 2008 at 4:30pm (eastern) on The CW for a "Brand Spankin' New Spectacular Saturday Sneak Peek" show. I'm definitely gonna tune in to see what's what. However, I think their line-up is kind of stupid. They have new episodes overlapping new shows on the different channels. There are six shows that are either new seasons or new series, so they should be on at different times. Here's what I think they should do:

8:00 - Di-Gata Defenders (New Episodes)
    8:30 - Biker Mice from Mars (New Episodes)
    9:00 - GoGORiki (New Series)
    9:30 - TMNT: Back to the Sewer (New Series)
    10:00 - Chaotic: M'arrillian Invasion (New Series)
    10:30 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (New Series)

With Viva Piñata, Will & Dewitt, Dinosaur King, Skunk Fu!, The Spectacular Spider-Man possibly having new episodes whenver. But seriously, what's with overlapping shows?!