Eon Kid Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Eon Kid DVD has been released

Matt_Purosky

[21]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 25

Wait... I thought Viva Pinata and Dinosaur King WERE going to have new episodes in the fall (Zap2it said so). But yeah, I understand 4Kids' strategy of moving their heavy hitters to the CW, but what doesn't make sense is putting new episode against new episode. When they first got the CW lineup, they always kept the new Yu-Gi-Oh! GX against reruns of Kirby and Winx Club, and the new Biker Mice against Tom & Jerry Tales reruns. That was a good strategy IMO.

I thought they were going to keep Will & Dewitt and GoGORiki in the 7-8AM hour, since the e/i shows have been there since September 2006 back in the Kids' WB! days. And if they're keeping their heavy hitters on CW, why put the new Chaotic on FOX and reruns on CW? If I wrote the schedules, they'd look like this:

CW:
    7:00 - Will & Dewitt (or better yet, Magical DoReMi)
    7:30 - GoGORiKi
    8:00 - Skunk Fu!
    8:30 - The Spectacular Spider-Man
    9:00 - Viva Pinata
    9:30 - TMNT: Back to the Sewer
    10:00 - Chaotic: M'Arillion Invasion
    10:30 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
    11:00 - Eon Kid (even if just to finish it off)
    11:30 - Dinosaur King

FOX:
    8:00 - Di-Gata Defenders
    8:30 - Biker Mice from Mars
    9:00 - Sonic X
    9:30 - Sonic X
    10:00 - TMNT:FF
    10:30 - Chaotic (original)
    11:00 - Kirby
    11:30 - Winx Club

With this, it wouldn't look so bad that they're keeping two Sonic X episodes, especially since this is the only place to catch Sonic X on TV. Then we'd have Skunk and Spidey reruns against new Di-Gata and Biker Mice, and the new Viva and TMNT against Sonic X reruns, new Chaotic and 5D's against TMNT FF and original Chaotic, and the new Eon Kid and Dinosaur King against reruns of Kirby and Winx Club.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JusticeLeaguer

[22]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 61
    I agree.

And this is totally off topic but why in the hell are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, TMNT: Fast Forward and TMNT: Back to the Sewer all in one guide? Although they all fit into the same story line, they're seperate shows. In The CW4Kids preview, it says series premiere and the animation is different from that of both shows.

Matt_Purosky

[23]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 25
    Well, not only do they fit in the same storyline, but the production numbers are in tact as well. The first episode of Fast Forward is considered the 118th episode of TMNT. http://www.4kids.tv/show/tmnt/episodes The animation style has nothing to do with it, I think it's still the same writers, animators, and voice actors (and honestly, I couldn't tell the difference between TMNT and TMNT FF's animation, but I can see BttS's).

borgfighter410

[24]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 7
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

Wait... I thought Viva Pinata and Dinosaur King WERE going to have new episodes in the fall (Zap2it said so). But yeah, I understand 4Kids' strategy of moving their heavy hitters to the CW, but what doesn't make sense is putting new episode against new episode. When they first got the CW lineup, they always kept the new Yu-Gi-Oh! GX against reruns of Kirby and Winx Club, and the new Biker Mice against Tom & Jerry Tales reruns. That was a good strategy IMO.

I thought they were going to keep Will & Dewitt and GoGORiki in the 7-8AM hour, since the e/i shows have been there since September 2006 back in the Kids' WB! days. And if they're keeping their heavy hitters on CW, why put the new Chaotic on FOX and reruns on CW? If I wrote the schedules, they'd look like this:

CW:
    7:00 - Will & Dewitt (or better yet, Magical DoReMi)
    7:30 - GoGORiKi
    8:00 - Skunk Fu!
    8:30 - The Spectacular Spider-Man
    9:00 - Viva Pinata
    9:30 - TMNT: Back to the Sewer
    10:00 - Chaotic: M'Arillion Invasion
    10:30 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
    11:00 - Eon Kid (even if just to finish it off)
    11:30 - Dinosaur King

FOX:
    8:00 - Di-Gata Defenders
    8:30 - Biker Mice from Mars
    9:00 - Sonic X
    9:30 - Sonic X
    10:00 - TMNT:FF
    10:30 - Chaotic (original)
    11:00 - Kirby
    11:30 - Winx Club

With this, it wouldn't look so bad that they're keeping two Sonic X episodes, especially since this is the only place to catch Sonic X on TV. Then we'd have Skunk and Spidey reruns against new Di-Gata and Biker Mice, and the new Viva and TMNT against Sonic X reruns, new Chaotic and 5D's against TMNT FF and original Chaotic, and the new Eon Kid and Dinosaur King against reruns of Kirby and Winx Club.

I totally agree with this schedule. I mean, Eon Kid is so close to finishing that the CW4Kids should just finish it off. And yea, I don't really agree with the new shows against reruns. I find it really stupid that they would do such a thing, but whatever. It's what they do, and we can't do a single thing about it...