Eon Kid Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Is it just me?

borgfighter410

[1]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 7

Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity, who is the oldest one in this forum? I mean, I feel like we're all so young but yet in reality this show is not even supposed to entertain some of us, like me. I'm 18 and I've become completely obsessed with this show. I mean, yea, Eon Kid may be considered anime, but I feel like this show is just for kids but I don't want to completely give up watching it. I mean, does anyone else here feel the same way?

Edited on 03/14/2008 10:47pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JusticeLeaguer

[2]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 61
    Nah, I don't feel that way. It doesn't matter what age you, if you like something feel free to like it. I'm 16 and I love the series but it doesn't really matter the 'age group' that it's targeted for or whatever.

borgfighter410

[3]Mar 12, 2008
    Haha...i thought so. I knew that not every show is meant to target certain age groups but everyone in general...lol

SimChief

[4]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    No it is not just you! I have been getting up at 4 AM just to watch and record Marty and friends; in my younger days I dabbled in Computer Graphics and have always been fascinated with the improvements. I live and work in Seoul Korea and I am 69 years young.

borgfighter410

[5]Mar 14, 2008
    Wow...that's really cool. How different is the animation of this series in Korea?

SimChief

[6]Mar 15, 2008
    Well the series is in Korean without any sub-titles, as you already know the series is co-produced in Korea. actually the plot is easy to follow, even in Korean, I do miss understanding all of Buttons comments which I think must add humor to some of the situations; comic relief. Korea is a great place, the Koreans are hard working, enjoy themselves and like to laugh. Korean music and dance is a joy! During my years here I have found almost everyone friendly and willing to go out of their way to help an American. the average Korean know more about what is happening in America then most Americans. Korean TV is different, lots of instructional programs. math, language, calculus and health issues. The computer graphics used on TV programs are first rate and there are a lot of them, four 24/7 cartoon channels and even their advertisements use graphics well.

Cheers from the land of the morning calm - Korea

borgfighter410

[7]Mar 16, 2008
    SimChief wrote:
    Well the series is in Korean without any sub-titles, as you already know the series is co-produced in Korea. actually the plot is easy to follow, even in Korean, I do miss understanding all of Buttons comments which I think must add humor to some of the situations; comic relief. Korea is a great place, the Koreans are hard working, enjoy themselves and like to laugh. Korean music and dance is a joy! During my years here I have found almost everyone friendly and willing to go out of their way to help an American. the average Korean know more about what is happening in America then most Americans. Korean TV is different, lots of instructional programs. math, language, calculus and health issues. The computer graphics used on TV programs are first rate and there are a lot of them, four 24/7 cartoon channels and even their advertisements use graphics well.

Cheers from the land of the morning calm - Korea

Wow...I'm impressed. I just wonder if there are any differences between the Korean version and the American version. I was watching the Spanish episodes that were online and I saw some differences in the animations, like additions to some episodes and minor omissions that either fill up plotholes or just flat out make the episode better. Compared to the Korean episodes, are there additions and omissions, or are they all the same? If there are additions and omissions, do you think they really help the plot or does it ruin some parts? Hopefully I'm clear in these questions.

SimChief

[8]Mar 20, 2008
    Good Question, I'll start watching stateside versions of the Kid and compare them. I can understand culture differences, Koreans have strong thoughts on behavior; things like handing money to someone, or a real no-no tossing hotel room keys on the front desk counter; in Korea a Korean would carefully hand the room keys to the desk clerk with their right hand, while placing their left hand face-up and resting on their right wrist, it is a matter of respect for people doing everyday jobs. it does take awhile to adjust; however I have not seen anything in the Eon Kid series counter to Korean culture, but as I said the Korean co-produce the series and would have input.

More Mature Scotty in Seoul

borgfighter410

[9]Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks a lot! I'd really appreciate it. I've been wondering ever since the premiere of Eon Kid here in America just how different each series is, from Korean to Spanish to English. Thanks for taking up the job, Scotty!

sacora9

[10]Mar 22, 2008

SimChief wrote:
    No it is not just you! I have been getting up at 4 AM just to watch and record Marty and friends; in my younger days I dabbled in Computer Graphics and have always been fascinated with the improvements. I live and work in Seoul Korea and I am 69 years young.

That's awsome! I've intradused my mom to like 4 cartoons so Im happy to hear other adults watch cartoon for "kids" to.

borgfighter410

[12]Mar 23, 2008
    sacora9 wrote:

SimChief wrote:

That's awsome! I've intradused my mom to like 4 cartoons so Im happy to hear other adults watch cartoon for "kids" to.

I totally agree with you there!

SimChief

[13]Mar 23, 2008
    I have been working in Korea for several years, I must say if you like cartoons then this a great place; cable TV has four cartoon channels and most of them are 24/7. Two of the channels are advertisement free. We have CHAMP, it carries Eon Kid, Tooniverse, JEI-TWO, and NICK Korea. Very few programs are in English with Korean sub-titles, most are in Korean. Korean's like old Tom & Jerry shows too.
    I have developed a knack in following plots, it is fun to try to figure what is happening and what is being said; most shows have easy story lines.
    I have been saving, like a favorite candy, my copy of episode 23 of Eon Kid, I try to record them and replay enough times that more of the story is revealed. I think I missed recording episode 24, they are currently showing all episodes, one each morning at 0425 (4:25 AM) during the week, I confess I slept-in last Saturday and might have missed it.
    As stated elsewhere episode 23 is fast paced and action filled I am looking forward to replaying it tonight.

Scotty in Seoul

borgfighter410

[14]Mar 23, 2008
    Whoa...lol. I hope that you figure it out!