Eon Kid Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Replaced?

rpgfan

[21]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 14

They really want kidswb to be forgotten.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Matt_Purosky

[22]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 25
    rpgfan wrote:

They really want kidswb to be forgotten.

Personally, I think the new name "The CW4Kids" is fitting for a certain reason. I know I posted this in two places before, but...

Personally, I think Kids' WB! was due for a name change back in September 2007. One reason being... well, it's the CW network now, not the WB network. Granted, the CW network made its debut in '06, but I can see why it kept the Kids' WB! name.

At that time, the majority of Kids' WB!'s programming was Warner Brothers produced (they had Krypto the Superdog, Tom & Jerry Tales, Legion of Super Heroes, Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!, The Batman, Xiaolin Showdown, Loonatics Unleashed, and half of Johnny Test), save for Spider Riders and the other half of Johnny Test (both properties of Cookie Jar Entertainment), and Monster Allergy (a property of Rainbow S.p.a.). That's 7.5 Warner shows against 2.5 non-Warner shows, so yeah, Kids' WB! was a great name for that year, even if it was on The CW.

This year, the Warner programming is down GREATLY. All they had that was Warner were T&JT, Shaggy & Scooby, TB, LoSH, half of Test, and Teen Titans. Will & Dewitt, Magi-Nation, World of Quest and half of JT are all properties of Cookie Jar. Eon Kid is a property of Manga Entertainment. The Spectacular Spider-Man is a property of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Skunk Fu! is a property of... I'm not really sure, but it's not Warner. That's 5.5 Warner shows against 6.5 non-Warner shows (and you can remove Teen Titans anyway because it wasn't announced in the fall block, and some other stuff that's too complicated and I will explain later if anyone wants me to)... over half the block is non-Warner now! I really think the block needed this name change, and has been due for one for over half a year.

Oh, but on the other hand, I learned this from ToonZone.. apparently, 4Kids ISN'T pitting Chaotic and GX against each other. Apparently, 4Kids TV is getting a schedule change there too.

8:00 - Viva Piñata
    8:30 - Viva Piñata
    9:00 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
    9:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
    10:00 - Sonic X
    10:30 - Dinosaur King
    11:00 - Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
    11:30 - Winx Club

So I guess GX and Chaotic are going to be CW4Kids exclusive. But now, all the shows on 4Kids TV seem to be stuck in repeat mode save for Dinosaur King and Viva Pinata, since Sonic X, Kirby, and Winx are all finished, and TMNT seems to be c la s sic episodes (though it IS going to have more episodes, but under the name "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewers", though I'm not sure what network it will air on).

Wow, 4Kids is really capitalizing their programs! And I guess it's not really as "BS" as I thought it was to move GX and Chaotic to CW4Kids, especially since it's to bring back Sonic X, as well as Kirby which is not airing on any network or even online.

But this isn't really official. I got it from Wikipedia and ToonZone, and Zap2it and WVAH are both turning up the old schedule, albeit no episode titles announced. I'll have to wait and see.

Edited on 06/10/2008 3:26pm

borgfighter410

[23]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 7
    Hmmm...we'll see when that day comes. Any idea if Eon Kid will be back or is it not going to end its first season? Because I heard that there might be a second season coming soon...:'(

JusticeLeaguer

[24]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 61
    I think after the hype of The Dark Knight dies down, they'll take The Batman off the schedule again (possibly as soon as after 13 weeks, when season 5 ends). I don't think it makes sense to end Eon Kid at all. JT and SF can be on CN just fine but other than that...

Matt_Purosky

[25]Jun 11, 2008

Well, according to WVAH... it's true. The new 4Kids TV schedule with Sonic and Kirby is true. So I guess 4Kids is making Chaotic and GX into CW4Kids exclusives.

And yeah, they'll probably air the last 4 episodes at like the end of the season, right before the new fall schedule. I can totally see that happening.

borgfighter410

[26]Jun 11, 2008
    Yea, now that I think about it, I totally agree with you. Eon Kid did start in fall 2007, so it would make sense to end it in the summer, but we'll see about it.

rpgfan

[27]Jun 12, 2008
    Yea, I don't want Eon Kid to end up like Monster Allergy.

borgfighter410

[28]Jun 12, 2008
    rpgfan wrote:

Wait, was Monster Allergy a Kids' WB production or was it the production from another company? Because I know that Kids' WB signed a contract with Manga to air Eon Kid, and since the CW4Kids took over Kids' WB's programming, they inherited the contract with Manga for Eon Kid.

rpgfan

[29]Jun 12, 2008

I was comparing them, because I don't want them to drop it with 4 episodes left like they did with Monster Allergy.

borgfighter410

[30]Jun 12, 2008
    I don't think they will drop it. I mean, I know that Manga's coming out with DVDs for the first season and I don't think that the CW4Kids is not going to show the last 4 episodes if Manga's doing that.

Matt_Purosky

[31]Jun 12, 2008

borgfighter410 wrote:
    rpgfan wrote:
    Wait, was Monster Allergy a Kids' WB production or was it the production from another company? Because I know that Kids' WB signed a contract with Manga to air Eon Kid, and since the CW4Kids took over Kids' WB's programming, they inherited the contract with Manga for Eon Kid.

As I stated before, Monster Allergy is not a property of Warner Brothers Animation. It is a property of Rainbow S.p.a. in Italy (same company that did Winx Club).

As for Eon Kid, well... 4Kids is a licensing company. And in order to air Eon Kid on the CW4Kids at all, they had to have licensed it. So I believe that Eon Kid might return after this Dark Knight promotion.

borgfighter410

[32]Jun 13, 2008
    Ah i see. Thanks for clearing it up. But yea, I totally agree with you in that Eon Kid is likely to return because of that contract that I was talking about, but who knows? There have been more surprises this year than anything else...

rpgfan

[33]Jun 13, 2008
    Not the good kind of surprises either.

borgfighter410

[34]Jun 13, 2008
    Haha...lol yea, i dont like those kinds of surprises but hopefully Eon Kid will not be one of them.

borgfighter410

[35]Jun 14, 2008
    Matt_Purosky wrote:

Advanced schedules reveal this schedule for The CW4Kids June 21:

7:00 - Will & Dewitt
    7:30 - Magi-Nation
    8:00 - Tom and Jerry Tales
    8:30 - Tom and Jerry Tales
    9:00 - Chaotic
    9:30 - The Spectacular Spider-Man
    10:00 - The Spectacular Spider-Man
    10:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward
    11:00 - Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
    11:30 - The Batman

I hope the final 4 episodes air...

Yep, it has been confirmed for the new summer lineup. I'm still kinda peeved about Eon Kid not showing the final episodes but i guess it wouldnt hurt to continue from where today left off (Episode 15: Fall of the Tower) to the end once the summer lineup changes. I've downloaded and watched the Spanish version of this and the ending is really cool, but I won't spoil it for anyone, but PM me if you really want to know. ^_^

super0cow123

[36]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 5

this really sucks i was looking foward to world of quest repeats because i cant find episode 6 anywhere.ive been waiting now for so long for them to finish up eon kid. hopefully they dont to what avatar to its fans by making us wait almost a year for a hiatus then relasing a dvd of un aired episodes. i just want to know the end of eon kid. the only good thing is i wanted to start watching chaotic but on 4kids it was really far in.

sorry for the rant

borgfighter410

[37]Jun 17, 2008
    It's cool. We're all just hoping that Eon Kid returns soon enough so that it can air the remaining reruns and the final episodes. If worse comes to worst, we will all be waiting at least a year before the Eon Kid DVD containing the final episodes comes out...:'(