Eon Kid

The Grand Wrestling Tournament

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Oct 20, 2007 on The CW

• Wrestling and Eon Kid? What a mix!

If you know me well enough, you'll know that I'm a huge wrestling fan. Ironically, I'm also a big Eon Kid fan, so when I heard about this episode, I got really excited.

Just as expected, I enjoyed this episode more than any other episode in the series thus far. The action and intensity was all there. With that being said, let me go through a quick run-down of what happened in this episode.

Because Marty has been captured, Orange Mama tries to make money off of Marty by entering him in a wrestling tournament. If Marty refuses to cooperate with Orange Mama, then she explains that she will turn him in.

Without any other options, Marty unwillingly enters the wrestling tournament. His first opponent is a martial arts master named Ssambo. At first, Ssambo overlooks Marty because he's just a kid, but when Ssambo notices that he's starting to lose, he pushes it up a notch.

In my opinion, the most notable highlight of the match was when Marty clamped onto Ssambo's leg, but he reversed it by kicking him into the turnbuckle.

The match came to a finish when Ssambo went for an illegal spike knee drop, but Marty turned the tables around when he turned into Eon Kid and punched him in the face with his Iron Fist.

Marty is declared the winner and the crowd goes wild. No one expected the newcomer to defeat a former champion, after all.

In my opinion, I thought that this was the best episode of Eon Kid to date. The wrestling tournament will probably continue in future episodes, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how Marty progresses.