Episodes Forums

Sunday 9:30 PM on ShowtimeBetween Seasons

Was "Wilfred" TV series referenced in "Episodes" ?

romeovf

[1]Oct 27, 2011
    • level: 3

For those of you that watched the TV Series "Wilfred" last season on FX, here comes something about "Episodes":

There was a couple of episodes when Merc Lapidus and his assistant talked about a "shitty Talking Dog show".

In fact, the very last episode of the season, an employee was fired by Merc, because he said that the "talking dog show" was funny enough for putting it on air next season (in-show).

Next thing I know, I'm watching Wilfred on FX, and indeed, it is about a talking dog, and in a channel other than Showtime.

Do you think this was on purpose, to make people think bad things about Wilfred prior to its airing? Or just a coincidence?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

qfrodri85

[2]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 27
    Could be more a reference towards the Australian (original) version of Wilfred.

Is the USA version of Wilfred worth a watch? It'll premiere around my country next week.

romeovf

[3]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 3
    I hope you did, because I really liked it. Watch the entire season, so you can see some really good character development and an awesome season finale.

mrsquinto

[4]May 20, 2012
    • level: 9

Ha, Im glad and, frankly, suprised I wasn't the only one who though about Wilfred when Merc said "talking dog show". My bet is that is was purely coincidence, the show they're referring to in the Episodes sounds like a shitty sitcom and Wildfred is a wonderful show.

eLLectrify

[5]May 26, 2012
    • level: 7
    Love Wilfred!! I didn't think about it when they mentioned the talking dog bit, probably because I don't think anyone should talk about Wilfred like that. It's too good

I like the US version. Gann is amazing - it is his show after all ! - and Elijah is extremely convincing as the depressive undecided guy. I love their relationship and the uncertainty it's built upon. I guess I don't really think about Wilfred as the talking dog anymore- it's just WILFRED!

Tried watching the original Australian version, seemed a bit darker to me. I might try again, but only if I find some subtitles - English is not my first language and I didn't get about half of what they were saying down under