ER

All in the Family

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Feb 17, 2000 on NBC

• Probably the greatest episode of ER. Awesome episode that deals with the staff trying to save the lives of Carter and Lucy after they got severely stabbed.

First of all this episode is just amazing. The first time I saw it, I was blown out of my mind. I didn't think ER could top itself after George Clooney left and well I was wrong. The episode begins where the last one left off Carter and Lucy get stabbed and Weaver finds their lifeless bodies in one of the rooms. Soon all the Doctors on call including Malucchi, Kovac, Abby, Chen and Weaver try to do everything in their ability to save the lives of their injured comrades. Soon Benton arrives and shows just how much he really cares about his intern John Carter who we thought he had pretty much sort of well hated. After Greene and Corday come to take care of their injured pals things get serious as both Carter and Lucy are rushed into surgery. Before surgery Carter thankfully regains consciousness and Benton and Anspaugh are able to ultimately save his life. On the other hand Corday and Romano severely struggle with Lucy after a serious of complications and despite Romano's best efforts and I mean best efforts, they are unable to save Lucy as she dies in one of the most tragic moments in the show history. The last scene is Romano entering the ER with Weaver suturing the dead body of Lucy, he helps out. In all honesty this was an amazing episode and sad the same time because Lucy Knight a reluctant intern just gets killed just like that, and I must admit the performance by Paul McCrane is off the charts good. His ability to change Robert Romano from the jerk like figure into someone who really cared about Lucy is just great. Overall the best ER episode.