ER

And In the End...

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Apr 02, 2009 on NBC

• That's it?

I have been waiting for this episode. ER has been on a great writing run for the last few years. I rarely miss an episode and made sure to rush home so as not to miss this one. But wow, this was a disappointment. It was great to see all the past characters, but very few things were tied up. I guess it was pretty clear that Gates & Sam end up together. What happened with Carter and his wife? I loved seeing Dr. Green's daughter there following in his footsteps, but again, this was a little all over the place. On as side note, Sherry Stringfield looked fabulous! It was neat seeing her back on the show.

I think the most touching part was watching Ernest Borgnine say goodbye to his love. He did a superb job. I guess after the build up over this season I was expecting far more than this and unfortunately, I feel a little cheated. It was such a great series and with the writing being so good lately, I had higher expectations. It was a great show and I will miss it. Thanks for the entertainment!