ER

And In the End...

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Apr 02, 2009 on NBC

• Very well done!

The retrospective was lovely, and the opening credits gave me goosebumps. Funny how even a theme song can make you feel that way, in the end I was teary-eyed.

The beginning with Lydia waking Morris up was nicely done, and once again it made it clear that Morris set the tone, I realized I actually adore him now.

"And God created med students.", "Get away from me or I'll hit you.", coming from Haleh and Morris respectively, made me smile, classic ER quotes. Also Morris' cry of freedom was pretty funny. Carter and Kerry's exchange about Kerry being sure Carter would fail, and Susan inquiring about the money were right on.

Rachel becoming a med student, and coming back to County made the full-circle, and also, the way that she was at Dune with Elizabeth, made me think that Elizabeth might have actually realized Mark's first item on the list. "Fix Rachel."

Frank was really awesome, with the way he tried to get Morris to put money in the jar, than bickered to Jerry and his reaction to Rachel...

Some classic ER moments, with the birthday celebration, huge trauma (aka "the fun") coming in, and the doc having doubts...

It was great to see Susan, my favorite character, come back for the final. Btw, did I hear she and Chuck broke up?

In the end, it both made me feel a weird sense of closure and gratefulness, and the feeling of a new beginning. Especially when Carter called Rachel "Dr.Greene". And him teaching Rachel was just perfect.

I was expecting to cry but, nope no crying... I'm now left with a mixture of peace and emptiness. All I can say is I'm grateful for a show that made me come to this place and meet lots of wonderful people. And for a show that itself became a friend. Now, time for a rewatching marathon.